Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2005, 06:46   #76

Re: Mary's Music

I only remember Marys to be the one next door to that one on the corner ?!?!?
markinaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2005, 09:52   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Mick
You`re right It was the Disc`n`Tape. Originally just round the corner where the sunbed place is, it started by selling second hand records and was owned by Mike Levine. In `80`s it was taken over by Colin Briggs who inherited me as part of the assets. Most people think I worked there, but I just spent my youth leaning on the counter. We had a number of celebs pop in, including Kevin Rowland, The Alarms Mike Peters, Transvision Vamps Wendy James and the singing gardener Kim Wilde. It was also a frequent haunt of Accy Webs Gayle Knight in her "Boy George" years!!
I didn't just frequent it - I worked there!

I loved it, I got far less money for a Saturday than my friend did who worked at the sport shop down the road but I didn't care. I spent most of my wages on records as soon as I'd been paid.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 10:38   #78
I am Banned

Eeee by gum do i remember marys music yeh was in the shop every saturday for me 7"'s n if they didnt have it in u could order them from there vinyls going way back LOL
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 05:05   #79
Junior Member+

i remember going in to buy my records, happy days
macca1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 18:59   #80
Senior Member+

Mary's Music

Camera letting me down again, a blurry photo. Just look at this, the original tiles each side of the steps, up to what was Morts on Blackburn Road. Now fancy that!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mortsclub24thFeb2010.jpg (508.6 KB, 29 views)
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 21:41   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
Camera letting me down again, a blurry photo. Just look at this, the original tiles each side of the steps, up to what was Morts on Blackburn Road. Now fancy that!
them steps bring back memories, was knocked down em on me 1st excursion up joe morts.
Old 25-02-2010, 09:58   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
them steps bring back memories, was knocked down em on me 1st excursion up joe morts.
You didn't have dog bites on your bum too cashy did you
Old 25-02-2010, 10:11   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You didn't have dog bites on your bum too cashy did you
nah it never moved lazy mutt was led under the table.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..