Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2004, 15:32   #1
Senior Member+

Memoirs of an Accrington man.

Have a look at this site and read the memoirs of an Accrington man - Mr Drinkwater

http://www.dichromia.com/
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-06-2004, 15:54   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Memoirs of an Accrington man.

Just been having a look atarah, excellent site.I love the space phase and the crystal Worlds. Will have a better look when i have more time.
Old 29-06-2004, 20:35   #3

A great way to pass on the memories of how people lived, to a wider audience.
Includes valuable family and local history.

Perhaps your elders would like to do the same.
Any more sites like this one ?
Old 18-08-2004, 00:20   #4

this is an absolutly fantasic preservation of life in Accrington, everyone needs to read this, it's very well written.

In this day and age when our computer goes down for a few hours or the battery runs out on the cell phone or cable is off, you forget how simple live used to be and where people's priority's are.

My daughter is 12 next week and part of our plan is to take her out and teach her how to ride a bus! unbelievable and I know it is parent driven that she doesn't know how to do this cause I drive her every where but the truth is I don't trust strangers out there. this is the realisation of our society today
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 12:54   #5
Resting In Peace

I worked with Roland at Lanapak at Whalley, if anything was broken it didn't get thrown away, he mended it.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..