Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2004, 11:05   #1

More Changes Taking Place

This was taken before the one I named "Castle Pub" as some of the houses are still up in Castle Street but Mary Ann Street has gone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bull Bridge Area-D-500.jpg (60.0 KB, 120 views)
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-01-2004, 11:22   #2
God Member

Is that your car Bert? It's a lovely colour!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 20:27   #3
Senior Member+

Sure that used to be the old elite club
Old 20-01-2004, 16:32   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Looking under the bridge arch 2nd from left is the carpark which was turned into Aldi. There was a building at the bottom of the carpark, some kind of big works place. Me and my friend used to play in there in the evenings as kids. Swinging on big metal chains. There was a loose panel on one of the doors and we regularly took it off and crawled in, especially when it was raining. Got caught a few times by the police and told off. Looking back it was a dangerous place to play, but at the time any port in a storm.
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2004, 20:48   #5

The building partly demolished was surely ward knowles the printers till the shop fitters waterhouses moved in,they then relocated to oswaldtwistle under a different name''shop fitters''ltd keith
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2004, 07:31   #6
God Member

The building your on about lettie was Bradley Transports garage, I used to work there, was it you who pinched my tools??
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2004, 09:39   #7
God Member

The Black Bull pub was down on the left, till they pulled it down for the Arndale. Oldest pub in Accy. Terrible. Sacrilage.
Old 21-01-2004, 16:29   #8
Filthy / Gorgeous

Honest K S H I never nicked a thing, just used to play on all the heavy metal chain thingies (made swings of em) The place was soooo easy to get into, and although me and my mate were no angels, we never vandalised or took anything, just dossed on the "swings" How we weren't killed I'll never know.
Old 21-01-2004, 17:56   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Honest K S H I never nicked a thing, just used to play on all the heavy metal chain thingies (made swings of em) The place was soooo easy to get into, and although me and my mate were no angels, we never vandalised or took anything, just dossed on the "swings" How we weren't killed I'll never know.
You were a little vandal & you've finally got round to admitting it.
Old 21-01-2004, 20:31   #10
Filthy / Gorgeous

Vandal!! Moi? No way... Remember having my first ever cider and black in Ye old Black Bull just before they pulled it down. Was about 14 at the time. Should've known I'd be on a slippery slope.
Old 21-01-2004, 20:53   #11

I was a paperboy for Harry Pollard at the papershop next door to the Black Bull next shop to that was Ken Cleggs tv shop among the other shops on that side was a furniture shop
keith is offline   Reply With Quote

« Town centre | Rists »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..