Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2004, 17:33   #31
God Member

Re: new cafe

13p is a weeks wages in China
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2004, 11:20   #32
Jo

For us outsiders that haven't yet seen this café - is it where the clock used to be in the Arndale? It's hard to work out from the photos exactly where it is.
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2004, 12:08   #33
God Member

Yeah....right underneath...but there might have a few problems shortly. The Arndale management have just announced that smoking fags is to be banned, - alongside taking piccys - within the precinct. So anyone wanting a quick two quid double expresso and a woodbine is going to be in serious trouble.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2004, 12:10   #34
Senior Member+

new cafe

Hi Jo, hope I can "talk" you through this photo of Mick's.
Do I take it you have been here fairly recently? Imagine you have walked through Marks and Spencers, out into the Arndale. You would then turn to your right and head for where the clock used to be. See the glass dome, and you can just about make out four lights? Thats the area where the top of the clock would have opened. (Roughly behind where the two ladies are talking). The shuttered window to the left of the photo is actually New Look, you would of course turn immediate left there to get out to the Arndale car park.
Help any?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clocksiteinarndalemarch2004a.jpg (70.2 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by Atarah; 30-04-2004 at 16:10.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2004, 14:02   #35
mez
God Member

oo atarah put yer glasses on, its a feller & a lady // ha ha ha
Old 11-06-2004, 16:07   #36
Senior Member+

Know what I find odd? I have been in the Arndale today, which is now a NO SMOKING zone and could see ashtrays and people smoking in that new cafe (which replaced the site of the clock) Apparently the Arndale is a NO SMOKING but .... if you go in the cafe, which is open on all four sides, YOU CAN SMOKE!!! ? ???????? er, what goes on here?
Old 11-06-2004, 16:21   #37
Caz
God Member

Utterly ridiculous isn't it?

I had originally assumed it was becoming a no smoking zone because of the cafe, how wrong can you be.

Apparently the council don't have the power to make the cafe's owners enforce a no smoking ban in there.

Am I right in thinking it's owned by the same people that have the other one in the Arndale?

That seems to be opened up now, so presumably it's the same there?
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 17:24   #38
Resting in Peace

Its the same people that have the big cafe in St Georges centre in Preston
but don't know if you can smoke in that one i will find out next thursday
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 19:34   #39
Senior Member+

And .. they have one in Blackpool too.
Old 11-06-2004, 22:42   #40
Resident Waffler

I think it's because the Arndale is privately owned that the Town Hall knows nothing about a photography ban because it is nothing to do with them. I was stopped from taking photos years ago when I'd already taken loads of the thing under construction.

It's a shame about the clock. It was one of our tourist attractions, along with the viaduct. People come from miles around to see that viaduct.

The smoking ban is pointless if people can smoke in the cafe area. Can't the Arndale owners complain to the cafe proprietors that smoke is wafting out into public areas?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2004, 18:20   #41
Resting in Peace

Well i was in Preston today and ST Georges Centre is a no smoking area
and yes you can smoke in the cafe area which is a bit pointless
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2004, 21:42   #42
Senior Member+

Ban all smokoing in public places, they did in Florida no problems and more revenue.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..