Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2013, 21:08   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: New Photo Competition 16

Just wondering if we offered some small prizes would it encourage more members to enter and vote ?
and would members donate something as a prize.?

Last edited by Mick; 11-08-2013 at 21:10.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2013, 21:10   #17
Beacon of light

getting them to vote would be a start Mick...anyone would think there was a charge to look at the pics and vote.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 21:22   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Just wondering if we offered some small prizes would it encourage more members to enter and vote ?
and would members donate something as a prize.?
What do you have in mind, might be able to donate some bags of sweets, not sure that would be enough to encourage anyone to enter though.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 21:32   #19
Senior Member+

Congratulations Walker.
Turtle likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 23:07   #20

Congratulations Walker, worthy winner. Some great photos all round.
Mick, I agree that it is a shame that more people don't enter and vote, must be frustrating for you especially - but I wouldn't worry about offering a small prize.
If people need a prize (big or small) as an incentive to enter and join in the fun then I think that's very sad and extremely disappointing. I have no idea how to get more people to join in if they are not inclined to do so, but I agree with Margaret, it would be good if more people even bothered to vote - if they are not interested in entering photos themselves - takes a very short time to do, and doesn't cost a cent!
mobertol, Gremlin, Turtle and 1 others like this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:24   #21
God Member

Well done Walker -late entry to the competition too! I like the new theme -though insects are not really my thing -will have to see what I can come up with.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:21   #22
Senior Member+

I think offering a prize to the winner is not really a good idea.
Once any reward is involved I think we would get people involved who take the game too serious and not us amateurs who enter our snaps for the enjoyment we get out of them.
I have won three times now and the pleasure it gives me knowing that you have taken the time to look at my photographs and vote for me is all I need, it also makes taking them worthwhile.
We seem to have a good selection of photographers here who always enter the competition and I am pretty sure non do it for reward.

Well done walker for posting your winning photograph, I think it is time for me to get away from my car and down on my knees, the way Davemac does and try to find some little crawly thing to photograph. Has anybody got a kneeling mat I could borrow?
susie123 and Turtle like this.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:35   #23
Beacon of light

Gremlin, that is my approach too......I get pleasure from being able to put my pictures up for people to look at......we used to have prizes in the past, but I don't think it made much difference as most of us weren't in it for the prize.
I would like to see more votes though
Turtle likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:41   #24
Resting in Peace

It was only an idea
Now if anyone has other ideas to get other members entering and/or voting would help
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:12   #25
Senior Member+

It must be hard for you to carry on with the competition Mick when so few people bother to post or vote, please don't give up on us.
Even if the subject is one of which I have little interest I will still find something I can take a picture of and enter it in the competition.
It's one of the things which keeps my mind occupied and gets me out a bit more.

You are doing a fine job mate, I for one appreciate it and I guess a lot of others think the same; just a pity there is not more of us.
maxthecollie, susie123 and Turtle like this.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:23   #26
Senior Member+

Well done Walker.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:26   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well didn't vote fer Walkers, But a worthy winner none the less.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:44   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It was only an idea
Now if anyone has other ideas to get other members entering and/or voting would help
I think the photo competition is great as it is. I hope to join in more from now on. I voted in #16, and 14, but I'm still learning to navigate around Accy Web. Ashamed to say I couldn't find the photos to vote on at first! No excuse - all sorted now. Congratulations to Walter, and thanks to all.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 18:21   #29

Thanks to those who voted for me. I did not expect to win, as there were some good photos. There are already many great photos in for the new comp. I hope that more members will become interested in the photo competition.
walker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..