Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2013, 12:30   #46
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

New Photo Competition 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
So you make no acknowledgement about the rules or whether I have conformed to them, its as if you have ignored my previous posting and just carried on with your accusations.

I was not having a tantrum, you poked your nose into a conversation I was having with Mick, you know nothing of what has gone on, yet decided to accuse me of breaking the rules and encouraging others to be deceitful.

Perhaps the nit picking has been placed in the wrong direction, and lets just contemplate who really is having a public tantrum. To repeat myself, perhaps this is not about the rules!
How on Earth do you have a private conversation on a public forum?

You post, others are allowed to answer, if you don't like their answer you can either ignore it or as you are doing, have a hissy fit.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-10-2013, 12:40   #47
Senior Member+

Re: New Photo Competition 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
How on Earth do you have a private conversation on a public forum?

You post, others are allowed to answer, if you don't like their answer you can either ignore it or as you are doing, have a hissy fit.

Still no answer to the main accusations that you made, yet you are still having a public tantrum, something you accuse me of.
Just answer the main gist of this conversation, am I breaking the rules, and which one would that be.

Don't forget this was the main reason for you intervention on behalf of Mick.

SO AM I BREAKING THE RULES, or will you reply using smoke and mirrors again hoping I will take the bait and become distracted.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 12:43   #48

New Photo Competition 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
For the record, Less. Davemac did not encourage me to break the rules in Comp. 21. I had read the rules, particularly the one that said photos using image editing software are allowed. I didn't feel comfortable with my photos result, and said as much publicly. I encouraged Mick to remove it if HE felt it was out of line. He didn't, left it in the comp., and warned me to 'be careful' in future. I respect this, and Mick's decisions. Who are you now, to come forward and attack davemac for essentially agreeing with Mick's position on this? Perhaps you are engaging in some nit-picking of your own? What is YOUR agenda, Less?
My agenda?
It is that the competition should be allowed to run in the way that the person in charge wants it to be run.
You displayed doubts, his advice did suggest that no one would notice a touch of ambiguity shall we say?
It's a simple photo competition.
He demands I mention the rules, well, ok what does Mick say in the rules?
If you have a problem PM him.
Did you obey the rules?
No, why? Because you didn't PM Mick for advice you posted it in the thread.
Unfortunately, Mac the knife put his two penny worth in and now in the next competition thread is not happy.

Well tough, I'll back Mick all the way, enjoy the competition stop complaining or he will remove it.
Which will be a great shame for those that just want to enter.
Old 28-10-2013, 12:47   #49

New Photo Competition 22

Quote:
Still no answer to the main accusations that you made, yet you are still having a public tantrum, something you accuse me of.
Just answer the main gist of this conversation, am I breaking the rules, and which one would that be.

Don't forget this was the main reason for you intervention on behalf of Mick.

SO AM I BREAKING THE RULES, or will you reply using smoke and mirrors again hoping I will take the bait and become distracted.
Tsk, and you say you aren't having a hissy fit?
Old 28-10-2013, 12:57   #50

Less, you have hijacked this once peaceful, positive-thinking competition. Shame on you. Your attacks are unwarranted and uncalled for. I suggest you get back to what you are best known for: your sometimes witty banter and viewpoints.

Now, shall we get back to the business at hand? Photo Competition 22.
We need more members to enter, as the deadline is fast approaching.

Let's keep this competition going in the spirit that I know it still has. Photographs, anyone?
mobertol and davemac like this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 12:59   #51

Quote:
My agenda?
It is that the competition should be allowed to run in the way that the person in charge wants it to be run.
You displayed doubts, his advice did suggest that no one would notice a touch of ambiguity shall we say?
It's a simple photo competition.
He demands I mention the rules, well, ok what does Mick say in the rules?
If you have a problem PM him.
Did you obey the rules?
No, why? Because you didn't PM Mick for advice you posted it in the thread.
Unfortunately, Mac the knife put his two penny worth in and now in the next competition thread is not happy.

Well tough, I'll back Mick all the way, enjoy the competition stop complaining or he will remove it.
Which will be a great shame for those that just want to enter.
Oh, just a quick question... Do YOU have any photographs for this Comp. Less? I look forward to seeing them.
davemac likes this.
Old 28-10-2013, 13:14   #52
Resting in Peace

Right let me try and sort this out yet again oh hell
Susie stated "And comp rules say that the pic has to be taken by the poster. "
I said this is not so the rules say if you would care to read them that any member of the family can take them mother grand mother etc I have photos of Preston guild from 1902 taken by my grandfather.

I stated I was getting fed-up with members not reading the rules.
NOT that "I was fed-up with members" this is another miss quote

dotti34 posted
Quote:
I suppose you could take a photo of a photo, as long as it was something personal which was originally taken on your behalf and with your blessing, and not taken off the Internet for example - then the 'new' photo would have been taken by the poster...... Bit tongue-in-cheek, but maybe this would be allowed. It would (loosely) fit in with the comp rules.
instead of posting this on site she should have asked in a pm as it says in the rules

Next Turtle and the pint
Turtle uploaded a photo to comp21 then realised they had added the glass they got intouch with me through the pm system and appolagised and asked it be deleted because of what was done I considered it and told turtle it would be fine as there was no copyright on a pint of beer so let it go
now can we stop arguing and just use the rules that are in place and have a great competition and I hope a lot more to come.
Mick
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 13:20   #53

New Photo Competition 22

Quote:
Oh, just a quick question... Do YOU have any photographs for this Comp. Less? I look forward to seeing them.
I post my pics when I have them, at the moment I'm too busy with camera shake from splitting my sides at tweedle dee and tweedle dumber.
Old 28-10-2013, 13:39   #54

Quote:
I post my pics when I have them, at the moment I'm too busy with camera shake from splitting my sides at tweedle dee and tweedle dumber.
I rest my case.
davemac likes this.
Old 28-10-2013, 13:48   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I said this is not so the rules say if you would care to read them that any member of the family can take them mother grand mother etc I have photos of Preston guild from 1902 taken by my grandfather.

dotti34 posted

instead of posting this on site she should have asked in a pm as it says in the rules

Next Turtle and the pint
Turtle uploaded a photo to comp21 then realised they had added the glass they got intouch with me through the pm system and appolagised and asked it be deleted because of what was done I considered it and told turtle it would be fine as there was no copyright on a pint of beer so let it go
now can we stop arguing and just use the rules that are in place and have a great competition and I hope a lot more to come.
Mick
Can I draw your attention to competition 3 post 18.

and who was putting his two pennyworth in further down, some things never change.

Last edited by davemac; 28-10-2013 at 13:52.
Old 28-10-2013, 14:11   #56

New Photo Competition 22

Quote:
I rest my case.
You have no case to rest, I post to the comp' when I want to, just as I have loyalty to Mick because I want to.
I did a buttinski because your darling friend was attacking my friend, even though they were having a conversation as we found out on the PM system. So, enter the competition or don't but stop making what Mick used to enjoy a chore for him.
My friend, will always be defended on this site.
He is the main reason Roy has kept it going, because of Micks dedication to members that take him for granted and he is always more than fair to even the most nasty of us.
So cut some slack for him this is HIS competition and will only be run whilst he enjoys doing it.
cashman and Gremlin like this.
Old 28-10-2013, 15:50   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac
No one is trying to get around the rules, just applying them in a way that still conforms to the rules but shows a bit of lateral thinking. I think your inference that people are trying to get around the rules implies mis-behaviour and this is not correct, also this is not the first time you have threatened to stop the competition saying you are fed up with members !!
Are you sure no one is trying to get around the rules?

There was someone blatantly encouraging another member to be deceitful in competition 21.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac
I don't think it matters about the pint, its basically your photo, besides if you hadn't said, who would have known.
No wonder with all the work Mick puts in he gets annoyed when members show such disrespect for what is after all a competition the reward for winning is to choose the next subject, not really mega bucks tempting you to fiddle, get into the spirit of the comp' or don't enter it, but don't criticise Mick for your own shortcomings.
Now that Mick has confirmed that I was not trying to make another member deceitful, or breaking the rules, have you anything you would like to say on your posting.

I was not as you stated having a go at Mick nor was anyone else, which was the reason for your wrongful accusations, just questioning the interpretation of the rules, and the application of this interpretation, after all this is a site for discussions. Had you felt strongly about the defence of your friend you could have taken the matter to the PM system rather than public accusations, you chose not to. You have not done yourself any favours on this matter. I know Mick is well able to defend himself both in the open arena of this site, and through the PM system and perhaps you should ask him if once he has made a decision on any matter, whether I have ignored anything he said.

So back to the question, have you anything you would like to say on the initial accusation ?
Turtle likes this.
Old 28-10-2013, 16:10   #58

New Photo Competition 22

Quote:
Now that Mick has confirmed that I was not trying to make another member deceitful, or breaking the rules, have you anything you would like to say on your posting.

I was not as you stated having a go at Mick nor was anyone else, which was the reason for your wrongful accusations, just questioning the interpretation of the rules, and the application of this interpretation, after all this is a site for discussions. Had you felt strongly about the defence of your friend you could have taken the matter to the PM system rather than public accusations, you chose not to. You have not done yourself any favours on this matter. I know Mick is well able to defend himself both in the open arena of this site, and through the PM system and perhaps you should ask him if once he has made a decision on any matter, whether I have ignored anything he said.

So back to the question, have you anything you would like to say on the initial accusation ?

Quote:

dotti34 posted

Next Turtle and the pint
Mick
Where exactly in the above quote does Mick vindicate you?

Somehow I get the impression you are upset with something, possibly me?
I don't mind, be as upset as you want just don't pick on Mick.
Old 28-10-2013, 16:23   #59
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Turtle I know what you mean but I wonder if part of the problem is that 'memory' photos are taken by someone else which evoke a memory in us when we see them. And comp rules say that the pic has to be taken by the poster. I must say I am finding it difficult to find something suitable in my back catalogue.
Quote:
ER no they don't please get your facts right and actually read the rules

so any member of your family could have taken the photo

if it carries on I am going to give up with the competitions
it also says if you have a problem or question to PM me
Quote:
Yes mea culpa, of course I have read the rules and was aware that other folks' photos can be submitted, if family. Just forgot to add it to my post which I submitted at 2am - not always a time for clear thinking! Anyway the last thing I want to do is fall out with you Mick or anyone else for that matter.

As for pming with problems or questions, I think that questions like Dotti's demand to be seen by a wider audience who may be thinking along the same lines. Of course there may be other occasions when a pm is more appropriate.

Last edited by susie123; 28-10-2013 at 16:27.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 18:24   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Where exactly in the above quote does Mick vindicate you?

Somehow I get the impression you are upset with something, possibly me?
I don't mind, be as upset as you want just don't pick on Mick.
I thought not, quick to accuse, but wriggling on the facts. I am not picking on Mick, if he thinks I am, then let him say so himself, until then......................................

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..