Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2013, 18:46   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: New Photo Competition 22

Its how it looks to a few people thats spoke to me.
Old 28-10-2013, 19:05   #62

My sincere apologies if I did the wrong thing by posting my thoughts to Susie on the thread instead of a P/M.
I honestly didn't think it was going against the rules as I was just putting my two bob's-worth in as it were and making a suggestion (as I said at the time it was tongue-in-cheek).
I hope my other posting re Mick and the competition has made up for this error - hmm! Like other members I really do enjoy the comp and appreciate all the effort that Mick puts into it. Hence I try to enter my quota every time. That should speak for itself.
Turtle likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 19:05   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Its how it looks to a few people thats spoke to me.
It is not, and never has been my intention to "pick" on Mick I do however retain the right to question the application of the rules, or the accusation that I am trying to get around them. If I am contravening the rules then I should be held to account, but defending myself can never be construed as "picking". If someone says I am breaking the rules, or trying to get around them and can prove this, then I should be banned, but if I can prove otherwise then should I not have the right to reply, also I also have never tried to get other members to be deceitful, I have only advised within the rules.

If Mick thinks otherwise, and he thinks this is personal, then I apologise for this misunderstanding. It is not my intention to attack anyone, or cause upset, just correct untrue allegations.
Turtle likes this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 19:10   #64

Btw, it is very early here - but I will have to keep watching this thread, it gets more and more 'interesting' to say the least.
Come on folks, it's a great comp. Get out those photos and enter - and then vote!!!!!
Turtle likes this.
Old 28-10-2013, 19:21   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
It is not, and never has been my intention to "pick" on Mick I do however retain the right to question the application of the rules, .
Aye but if yeh question em in private is how things are supposed to be, as far as i'm aware.
Old 28-10-2013, 19:57   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Aye but if yeh question em in private is how things are supposed to be, as far as i'm aware.
I did question them in private and that is how they have stayed.

I have only defended claims of trying to get around the rules when the issue has been raised in open forum, or someone interjected with only half the facts.
Turtle likes this.
Old 28-10-2013, 20:01   #67
Beacon of light

This makes really tedious reading.

It isn't even as if this competition is for a prize, let alone a big prize.

I think it is truly time to draw a line under it, and get on with what should be fun.
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 20:46   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
This makes really tedious reading.

It isn't even as if this competition is for a prize, let alone a big prize.

I think it is truly time to draw a line under it, and get on with what should be fun.
Mrs P. I know you are right it is very tedious, but if someone is saying something that is not true then I have to defend my corner and set the matter straight. if you have read the thread through you will notice I have been accused of breaking the rules and fostering deceit among others. I think I have proved this is not the case, yet this defence gets classed as a hissy fit and other elements of emotion.
Having proved I am not breaking the rules no one has come on and said "Yes you were right, you did not break the rules". It is not even about this competition, but has been hijacked to wrongly point the finger.

A thing that should be noted, I never instigated any initial comment, only to answer those comments that were incorrect, something I think I have a right to do. I was just going about my business as I have done for some time, but if wrongly accused, I will speak out.

Yes a line should be drawn under the matter, but I think other people should be the one with the pencil.
mobertol, susie123 and Turtle like this.
Old 28-10-2013, 20:57   #69
Beacon of light

Dave, I hear what you are saying and understand, but someone has to decide to stop the bickering(it reminds me of a school yard argument -'but Miss, he started it' it doesn't matter who started it someone has to finish it)........it doesn't make anyone weak to do this, it makes them a bigger and better person than those who you feel may have thrown the(perceived) jibes.
Personally, I think this has been a mountain made out of a mole hill..ask yourself.....in five years will it matter? Why sweat the small stuff? There are bigger and better things in life to get fired up about - well, certainly, in my life, there are.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 28-10-2013 at 21:00.
Old 28-10-2013, 23:09   #70

Got a suggestion (yes, another one) for what it's worth. Why don't you just meet at the local pub, have a beer or three together, shake hands and agree to differ.....
...and PLEASE let us enjoy this competition - with (hopefully) many more to come.
Old 29-10-2013, 06:07   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Got a suggestion (yes, another one) for what it's worth. Why don't you just meet at the local pub, have a beer or three together, shake hands and agree to differ.....
...and PLEASE let us enjoy this competition - with (hopefully) many more to come.
That's fine by me as long as your paying
ps I will be there today with less from 11-30am see you there
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 06:13   #72
Resting in Peace

By the way this has all been sorted through the PM system with Davmac and we are now back on track so please get your photos in the competition
Turtle likes this.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 06:56   #73
Beacon of light

Mine are in
Turtle likes this.
Old 29-10-2013, 07:35   #74

Would love to join you - and yes I would pay, but 12,000 miles is a heck-of-a-way to travel just for a pint - and I don't think I could make it by 11.30 a.m. Sorry about that....
Turtle likes this.
Old 29-10-2013, 07:44   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Mine are in
So are two of mine but I may have more.
Looking through old photographs can be very emotional, especially when I see photos of my self sixty years ago looking forward to a carefree future.
Turtle likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..