Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2013, 18:37   #16
Senior Member+

Re: New photo competition 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
you can have your own personal rules, i won't use pics i have previously posted, and like to take new, thats why i only entered the 1 pic, which i was lucky enough to win with, some i had from the same trip i thought were better pics, but i had already posted them in the Today in Pictures. The one i put on this morning, was taken this morning, only cos i was off to change my starter motor and remembered i had a load of old spanners lol

and why i chose the theme was to try and challenge myself (and others) to get out of "comfort zone" and take pictures they might not normally take.
I don't think its a case of own personal rules, more rules of the competition, I don't think it matters when the photo was taken, a good photo is a good photo, no matter how many times its been posted. The rules of the competition don't even say they have to be your own photos, so lets keep it fun and not really a competition in the strictest sense.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-01-2013, 18:59   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I don't think its a case of own personal rules, more rules of the competition, I don't think it matters when the photo was taken, a good photo is a good photo, no matter how many times its been posted. The rules of the competition don't even say they have to be your own photos, so lets keep it fun and not really a competition in the strictest sense.
no it was only in answer to shrum, and that the rules of the "comp" are fine, but if you feel that only new photos should apply, then fine only post new ones yourself, what i should have said is my own preference, not rules to be imposed by anyone

the more people enter and vote the more fun it will be.

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 05:51   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Yes they do
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 09:30   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Yes they do
upto 10 entries are allowed per person.
Anymore than this will be removed, your 1st 10 uploads will stay - later ones will be removed.
All images must be your own work, Or close family.
Scanned,#from your own photos# digital, phone, video stills are all allowed,
please don’t use images off the Internet or from magazines or from postcards as we don’t want Accyweb getting into trouble for hosting copyright images).
You will retain copyright of all your images.
No photo's to be removed from the photo competition by any member except mods or admin.
Photo's altered with image editing software will be allowed.

I think close family would qualify as not your own, although all photos I submit are mine, they dont have to be under the rules.
Old 29-01-2013, 09:45   #20
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I bet you're glad you no longer offer a prize Mick, You'd have had to get a Solicitor to draw up a contract with the poster of every single picture.

I wonder what happened to the spirit of the first Competition, when people posted pictures without splitting hairs and just enjoyed the chance to compete on friendly terms.

It's a bit of fun, stop worrying about the rules just do it!
Gremlin likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 10:35   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I bet you're glad you no longer offer a prize Mick, You'd have had to get a Solicitor to draw up a contract with the poster of every single picture.

I wonder what happened to the spirit of the first Competition, when people posted pictures without splitting hairs and just enjoyed the chance to compete on friendly terms.

im waiting till saturday, then i can get a candid shot of some railway regulars, pmsl

Old 29-01-2013, 10:55   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

Isnt that what I have been saying since the competition started.
Old 29-01-2013, 19:46   #23
Senior Member+

Correct Margaret, half the fun for me has been looking back and reminiscing over the old photos, lots of great memories. Comp. #3 however is quite a challenge, there's nothing there, unless I put a photo of me under "seen better days"! So I guess I'll throw the camera in the car just in case. As for the rules, great job Mick.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 05:23   #24
Resting in Peace

If you want a complete set of rules and restrictions i can soon do that
But i thought the competition was only for fun with the minimum of rules
if we had prizes then the competition would be more strict, but we don't
so instead of moaning about the rules lets have FUN
and see some great photos
Old 30-01-2013, 05:27   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
im waiting till saturday, then i can get a candid shot of some railway regulars, pmsl
The competition is "Seen Better Days"not ancient monuments
susie123 likes this.
Old 30-01-2013, 08:34   #26

Quote:
Gosh did you really **** yourself laughing?
What a sad life you really do lead, wanting to dominate Mick's photo comp and take piccys in a pub, there, there, if you actually do turn up we'll offer you a sympathetic smile, what a fond memory that will be for you!
Old 30-01-2013, 10:00   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

If he does turn up,will it be a first?? I can't remember one.
Old 30-01-2013, 10:37   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If he does turn up,will it be a first?? I can't remember one.
Probably wants to brag about his new camera and he has no friends to show it to.
So, yes, I think he might just turn up.
Old 30-01-2013, 11:37   #29
Senior Member+

The idea of candid must of passed u by

Old 30-01-2013, 11:49   #30

Quote:
The idea of candid must of passed u by
Nope, just wasn't sure that anyone that pees themselves with excitement could grasp the meaning of that or any other word used in normal conversation.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..