Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2014, 22:57   #16

Re: New Photo Competition 38

I mention it also for the same reason as Margaret and Turtle - it's just a pity that members have to be 'encouraged' to visit the site and vote though as it is a credit to Mick and to the entrants who showcase such great pictures and ideas. Always well worth a visit.

Confession - I also mention it so that I remember I have voted!!! That 'age' thing......
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-06-2014, 01:33   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Look, I vote, all others interested vote, let's stop this fortnightly, I'm proud of myself because I've voted crap.

It does no good it's only self gratification.

Please try to be as imaginative as the pictures are.

(You are only being used as an example of how things have become Accyx).

None of us need to know who voted, so long as we that are interested vote & put on pics when available, that's what's needed.
I agree to a point Less, Sadly (for you) this is the outter clique and your 'hocus pocus' is useless

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 06:31   #18
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

New Photo Competition 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I agree to a point Less, Sadly (for you) this is the outter clique and your 'hocus pocus' is useless

Not hocus pocus just my opinion which as with you I too am allowed to have one.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 07:01   #19

New Photo Competition 38

As for bumping the post, those that do see the thread yet again in their unread pile, the ones that may have a slight interest, say to themselves, no point going to that thread it will just be the usual self congratulatory, 'I've voted' stuff not worth going to.

Last edited by Less; 15-06-2014 at 07:03.
Old 15-06-2014, 07:42   #20

Not sure what/which hocus pocus Accyexplorer is referring to (sorry, I'm a bit thick). However, I see what you mean, Less, and point taken. Haven't looked at it like that - I like to give praise to the winner, though I suppose giving a vote to a particular photo is praise enough.

From a personal point of view I have never intended it to look as if I should have accolades for having voted. I just enjoy being able to.
Old 15-06-2014, 08:08   #21

New Photo Competition 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Not sure what/which hocus pocus Accyexplorer is referring to (sorry, I'm a bit thick). However, I see what you mean, Less, and point taken. Haven't looked at it like that - I like to give praise to the winner, though I suppose giving a vote to a particular photo is praise enough.

From a personal point of view I have never intended it to look as if I should have accolades for having voted. I just enjoy being able to.

Ignore Accyx his hocus pocus remark is irrelevant.
You don't come across to me as thick, ( slow, yes, thick no.(where's that hide wall when you need it?)).
Congratulating the winner isn't the same as every fortnight a thread with the predictable and tedious(in my opinion) I voted posts.
I know people don't say it for self appeasement but, those that might have taken an interest may just be put off by this regular unneeded declaration.
Any how whatever happens happens do as you wish, me? I'll vote regularly and continue to attempt ways of making these threads a little more interesting, hmmm I know I could post about folk letting us know they have voted...

... Nah, that's already been done, now what would Winnie the Pooh do? Think, think, think.
Old 15-06-2014, 09:30   #22

Less, my hide is well weathered - which is not to say it has weathered well. Anyway, I think you have succeeded in what you were attempting to do, at least on this thread.

Looking forward to more.....
Old 15-06-2014, 12:07   #23
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Gp24, where were the Hawker Hunter (Jet) & AFV 432/434 (APC) taken?

And as part of the ongoing discussion, I personally find the exhortations to vote, no matter how polite or well intentioned more likely to have a negative effect than a positive one. The reason being that if you badger folk it makes them resentful & likely to do the opposite, or is it just me who's so contrariwise?
Old 15-06-2014, 12:23   #24
Beacon of light

well, I have put some reminders on in the past and noted that the number of votes went up.
I would hope that people would remember to vote, but I know we all have busy lives(so what are we doing wasting time on here then ).
The vote count for some comps is really low....and those of us who take the pics must wonder if it is worthwhile keeping the comp going. For quite some time there was no comp...and I missed it.
mobertol and davemac like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 13:11   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Look, I vote, all others interested vote, let's stop this fortnightly, I'm proud of myself because I've voted crap.

It does no good it's only self gratification.

Please try to be as imaginative as the pictures are.

(You are only being used as an example of how things have become Accyx).

None of us need to know who voted, so long as we that are interested vote & put on pics when available, that's what's needed.
Well - guess what -yesterday I clicked the word "vote" on the photo I liked the best in "New Photo Competition 38".

Hmmmmm - I was not over-come by waves of satisfaction at having made a choice among the many great photos posted in it...perhaps I lack imagination...

Or then again maybe I AM imagining things ... is someone is trying to bring a bit of polemic into one of the few areas of this website where everyone is constantly NICE to each other as well as being friendly and complimentary.

Nah -surely not

Oh -to any AW members who read this and haven't had the time/energy or whatever else to look at the photos and make a choice, please do. There are some really interesting photos to look at and choose from.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 15-06-2014 at 13:14.
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 13:12   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Gp24, where were the Hawker Hunter (Jet) & AFV 432/434 (APC) taken?
On the car park at this place - Anglia Motel and Restaurant Reviews, Spalding, United Kingdom - TripAdvisor

They also have what looks to me like an anti-aircraft gun.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 13:13   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

And as part of the ongoing discussion, I personally find the exhortations to vote, no matter how polite or well intentioned more likely to have a negative effect than a positive one. The reason being that if you badger folk it makes them resentful & likely to do the opposite, or is it just me who's so contrariwise?
Hadn't thought of it that way DiG -I suppose you might be right where some people are concerned but others might be glad of the reminder too.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 13:25   #28
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Cheers G, looks like there's other bits that may be of interest there too.
Old 15-06-2014, 21:02   #29
Resting in Peace

This competition is closed and the winner is...Eric
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00213.JPG (163.1 KB, 4 views)
mobertol likes this.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 21:08   #30
Senior Member+

Well done Eric.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..