Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2004, 18:48   #46

Re: OK. Now we get serious!

My 'best view in Hyndburn' has to be the one I see whilst looking in the mirror...........sorry......I have been drinking....couldn't help myself!

Seriously though, the best view, and one I often take the 'trouble' to see is the one that can be seen from the top of the Coppice looking out on Hyndburn. The borough seems so idyllic yet attractively industrial from up there.
Old 30-07-2004, 18:56   #47
God Member

I doubt if it will be Broadway
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 19:48   #48
God Member

I think you may be right there mate.

Seriously though one of my favorite views is from the top of Hamildon, on a clear evening you can see the sun glittering on the sea at Blackpool - Magical!

Another is the view of the Coppice, Moleside and Hamildon from Whitebirk. I always felt that I was 'home' again when I saw that. I like the way that this group of hills sits in the landscape. There is something oddly protective and reassuring about it.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 19:56   #49
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
I think you may be right there mate.

Seriously though one of my favorite views is from the top of Hamildon, on a clear evening you can see the sun glittering on the sea at Blackpool - Magical!

Another is the view of the Coppice, Moleside and Hamildon from Whitebirk. I always felt that I was 'home' again when I saw that. I like the way that this group of hills sits in the landscape. There is something oddly protective and reassuring about it.
I've seen Blackpool Tower from the top of Hambledon but are you sure you can see the sea ???

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 20:24   #50
God Member

Yes, it is faint and it has to be really clear but in very late afternoon or early evening you can actually see the sun glittering on it. It doesnt seem to be as visible at sunset though.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..