Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2013, 00:54   #121

Re: OWL HALL and ACCRINGTON HOUSE

Wow. Local history is so interesting. Its amazing how much you can learn about the history of Accrington on one website!!! Never knew there was an Accrington House!! I thought that all those terraced houses on and surrounding Oswald Street had been there forever (I'm young). Hard to believe that where all the terraced houses now stand used to be just empty land. (Thats the illusion I get when I look at a photo I found of Accrington House. - correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like its just surrounded by all empty field). I'd also love to see what Arden Hall used to look like if anybody has a photograph. And does andbody know why Arden Hall and Accrington House were demolished?
Regards...
Old 27-06-2013, 09:04   #122
Senior Member+

Re: OWL HALL and ACCRINGTON HOUSE

Accrington House was demolished to make room for streets of houses. The Peels made a lot of dosh from selling the land for housing, and didn't want to be surrounded by the streets. They had already moved from a fine house at Church when it became surrounded by factories. I don't know about Arden Hall
Accrington Lad likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..