Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2012, 12:28   #16

Re: So wheres this .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
corner Infant St. and Abbey St. ?
You got it...where Maundy Grange is currently situated.....

I think it used to be "TOC H" headquarters in Accy in the 60's and 70's

well done

Phil
Karateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2012, 14:51   #17
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
corner Infant St. and Abbey St. ?
Well you were only one corner out with your first attempt...

Phil that looks like your mother in the pic and I assume it's your dad but who are the children? You said they weren't married till the 40s so the little girl is probably not theirs but the little boy?

Hope you don't think I'm being nosey.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 19:01   #18

Certainly not Susie....
The little boy would be my late brother Donald born in 1943 and the little girl is Lillian who was an Evacuee from down south who was taken in and looked after by my Grandma in Holland St during the war and believe it or not, never went back home, although I dont think she was ever actually adopted by our family. She would be about 10 in the picture and stayed with my grandma and mum till she was about 16 or 17. I think she then moved to Manchester to train as a nurse staying in Nurses accomodation. She got married sometime I think in the 50's.but always kept in touch with our family. She would probably have stayed with us for about 8 yrs or so.

Phil
Old 03-03-2012, 20:23   #19
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karateman View Post
Certainly not Susie....
The little boy would be my late brother Donald born in 1943 and the little girl is Lillian who was an Evacuee from down south who was taken in and looked after by my Grandma in Holland St during the war and believe it or not, never went back home, although I dont think she was ever actually adopted by our family. She would be about 10 in the picture and stayed with my grandma and mum till she was about 16 or 17. I think she then moved to Manchester to train as a nurse staying in Nurses accomodation. She got married sometime I think in the 50's.but always kept in touch with our family. She would probably have stayed with us for about 8 yrs or so.

Phil
Thanks Phil

Lovely story about Lilian.

I guess then you were the baby of the family...
Old 03-03-2012, 23:36   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Thanks Phil

Lovely story about Lilian.

I guess then you were the baby of the family...
I came along late in the family. I had a second brother Stephen who unfortunately died in infancy age 12 hrs in 1949 when mum was 37. I came along 3 yrs later when she was 40...so you can work out how old I am now....LOL

Phil
Old 03-03-2012, 23:41   #21
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karateman View Post
I came along late in the family. I had a second brother Stephen who unfortunately died in infancy age 12 hrs in 1949 when mum was 37. I came along 3 yrs later when she was 40...so you can work out how old I am now....LOL

Phil
A mere slip of a lad... but you've got a big birthday coming up this year!
Old 04-03-2012, 00:09   #22

.........and its coming like a train, and David Cameron is removing all the benefits I have been looking forward to, especially the Bus Pass and heating allowance...ah well! at least I can say with hand on heart I didn't vote for them....LOL

Phil

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..