Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2004, 06:57   #1
Senior Member+

St Annes, Cobham Road

Oh no! Its happening again! I have only just found out that St Anne's will be the next Catholic church to be demolished, although they are to get a brand new church! Oh deary me! N0 offical date has been announced as to when the church will be knocked to the ground, but a replacement church is def. to be built. So ...... Mick ...... fancy a walk round to Cobham Road?
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-04-2004, 12:33   #2
God Member

Re: St Annes, Cobham Road

I wonder if it would not be easier for the authorities-that-be for them to tell us what bits of Accy are NOT due to be demolished?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2004, 17:21   #3

I have been told that St Annes Church will not be knocked down until the new one is ready, and up and praying.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 14:46   #4
Junior Member+

St. Anne's church has just had £650,000 spent on it.We now have a community room and a roof which does not leak. New wiring, new lighting, refurbished organ and a wonderful parish community.
Bernard Holden
Bernard Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 15:14   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Holden View Post
St. Anne's church has just had £650,000 spent on it.We now have a community room and a roof which does not leak. New wiring, new lighting, refurbished organ and a wonderful parish community.
Bernard Holden
Seems strange that Bernard, all that money wasted, they are, at the moment spending lots of money on St Mary's, lets hope its not in vain
Old 01-05-2010, 20:31   #6
I am Banned

All this was debated some years ago,
I don't think they can get permission
to knock it down, its classed as a WW1
memorial. All the pews inside had the name
of a soldier on them.

Accy Library used my files on the parishoners
who served in WW1.
They have also spent a lot of money on restoring the Rose Window and the roof.

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2010, 19:31   #7
JCB

Quote:
Bernard Holden
That's a lot of money.I hope it will have proved to be well spent.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 19:53   #8
Junior Member+

Have you a complete list of ALL the 1st WW parishioners who died ?
Bernard
Old 24-06-2010, 20:26   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Have you a complete list of ALL the 1st WW parishioners who died ?
Bernard
I do not have a separate list for any of the church's as such, they are within my files of Greater Accrington Heroe's from A's to Y's over 14,000 names.
The only complete list I have for a church in Accrington, is Christ Church on Rough Lee Rd, theirs was lost in the refurbishment donkeys years back, so I made them a new one.
One of your parishoners was making some enquiries at Acc Library a few years ago best to ask around and see what they came up with.
I know a Tom Glannon was making lists in 1915//6/7 of all the catholics who enlisted, but there is a lot of duplication, errors and names and address's of men who don't exist.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 13:32   #10

Can Bernard Holden please tell me if St Annes have a B.M.D register that any member of the public can look at. I live in France but was baptised at St Annes
accyjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 15:48   #11
Junior Member+

Yes.I am sure they are available.
Bernard

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..