Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2011, 12:39   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Sunny accrington!

Yes, but, just look what can happen in 12 months.
Such a waste of a lovely shop frontage
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Arcade bits of the past still visible.jpg (312.0 KB, 20 views)
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-07-2011, 14:16   #17
God Member

Not deliberate -there just weren't many people about. Probably all at the new Tescos!!!!
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2011, 14:17   #18
God Member

A real shame that the Arcade is suffering,as you say Atarah -and probably this has something to do with the new Tesco's too...
Old 21-07-2011, 14:27   #19
God Member

Re: Sunny accrington 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It is amazing what a bit of sunshine can do.
Lovely pics, by the way.
Thanks -they did come out quite well and they are definitely not doctored in any way -the sky really was that blue! The town center really looked better than it used too -beautiful flowers and I think the way they've done up the Market Hall is a real credit....
My only criticism is the way the outside market is set up (all the stalls mixed up instead of grouped by category which is much more logical and it looks better too!) and the fact that they knocked down the old 1960's one which was quite a good example of modern architecture and the fish market was better as it used to be too!
Old 21-07-2011, 14:27   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Not deliberate -there just weren't many people about. Probably all at the new Tescos!!!!
Tesco didn't open until November.

It was taken during school holidays, the town is always quiet at that time on days when the kids are off, people come out later
Old 21-07-2011, 14:30   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
...and does'nt it look nice and clean? These photo's should be forwarded to Stuart Maconie.
Sorry to be ignorant but who is Stuart Maconie?
Old 21-07-2011, 14:43   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Did you not learn to tell the time at school, just before 10am according to the clocks. Will have been a Monday morning because thats the only day that end of the outside market is closed.
Well spotted -you could be a detective! I've just checked my holiday diary and it was Monday 16th August just after 9-30a.m. ...
Old 21-07-2011, 14:48   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaoanne View Post
Good pics Di but where is everyone??
Missing the best of the day by the looks of things -just one couple of pensioners stopped to talk to me and ask me why i was taking photos of the Market hall!
Old 21-07-2011, 14:50   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Tesco didn't open until November.

It was taken during school holidays, the town is always quiet at that time on days when the kids are off, people come out later
Oops! Probably all still at ASDA then...!!
Old 21-07-2011, 19:22   #25
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Sorry to be ignorant but who is Stuart Maconie?
He's a chap that wrote some disparaging remarks about the state of Accy (and its residents) in a book he has out. There was a thread on the subject a few weeks ago. If he saw those photo's if might have a different opinion.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 05:32   #26

Love the pics. Homesick as only an ex-pat can be. Well done! it's pictures like these that make me determined to come back yet again. Accy doesn't wear off. It's under my skin forever. What's up with me?
Stephanie Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 15:02   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Wallace View Post
Love the pics. Homesick as only an ex-pat can be. Well done! it's pictures like these that make me determined to come back yet again. Accy doesn't wear off. It's under my skin forever. What's up with me?
It's the old "grass is always greener" thing...it really is greener in Lancs though with all the rain that falls! I'm in Italy, avoid the sun like the plague and would give anything to go for a walk down the valley and a nice pub lunch at times or some proper fish and chips!! (Oh and decent bacon too!)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..