Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2012, 17:31   #16
Resting In Peace

Re: The new Photo Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
There you go...I knew I didn't dream it.
I saw that and clicked on it but nowhere does it say - this is what you must do to have a go at the comp - and to upload photos go to top RHS and click on upload...

Sorry but I like things spelt out in words of one syllable and I always RTFM when I buy some new toy - which most men don't. That's why I get so annoyed with Richard, after three years he still doesn't know how to do the most basic things on his posh camera - total waste of money if you ask me.
Old 30-12-2012, 17:43   #17
Beacon of light

I have to admit....I only refer to the manual when there is something I either don't know how to do...or have done so infrequently, that I have forgotten.
It is much more fun to fly by the seat of your pants......I have heard it called 'errorful learning'...you learn by your mistakes.

Anyway, the manual is so long winded!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2012, 07:53   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I saw that and clicked on it but nowhere does it say - this is what you must do to have a go at the comp - and to upload photos go to top RHS and click on upload...

Sorry but I like things spelt out in words of one syllable and I always RTFM when I buy some new toy - which most men don't. That's why I get so annoyed with Richard, after three years he still doesn't know how to do the most basic things on his posh camera - total waste of money if you ask me.
Sorry if i did not make things clear i will try again as you also did not see this in my first post

If you have any questions about the competition please send me a pm and i will try to answer you as soon as i can
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2012, 09:02   #19
Resting in Peace

Just for other members that dont know or cant click on the link in the first post
The competition is in the GALLEREY please click the link below

LINK TO GALLERY COMPETION HERE

---------------------------------------------------
The All New Photo Competition - Accrington Photo Gallery

---------------------------------------------------

Link Above
susie123 likes this.

Last edited by Mick; 31-12-2012 at 09:11.
Old 31-12-2012, 10:02   #20
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Hey Mick, I'd like to enter the competition, but I can't find a link to my cameras shutter button.
pompeylass and susie123 like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2012, 10:05   #21
Resting In Peace

Sorry Mick no offence meant, I was having an off day yesterday. I knew the previous comps were in the gallery, my brain just wouldn't go any further.

Anyway thanks for setting it up, hope it's a success.
Old 04-01-2013, 00:57   #22
Senior Member+

I,m going to do it, this year I'm def. going to do it---- I click on the link, new screen, I click on download photos, new screen ????? now what somebody hold my hand please.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:37   #23
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
I,m going to do it, this year I'm def. going to do it---- I click on the link, new screen, I click on download photos, new screen ????? now what somebody hold my hand please.
Just fill in the boxes on the screen that appears after you click upload photos, that's the easy bit, finding that screen was what I found difficult (see my earlier posts ). Then click the button to upload the photo from your computer. Unlike posting in threads it appears you don't have to worry about file size when posting your pic which makes a nice change.
Good luck!
Old 08-01-2013, 06:36   #24
Resting in Peace

Come on more photos needed in the competition
There must be more than 8 members on this site that has a camera
get your photos in and have some fun
you have until friday 11th at 10pm to upload your photos then i will close the uploads and you will then have until Sunday 13th 10pm to vote.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:14   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Come on more photos needed in the competition
There must be more than 8 members on this site that has a camera
get your photos in and have some fun
you have until friday 11th at 10pm to upload your photos then i will close the uploads and you will then have until Sunday 13th 10pm to vote.
It may be an idea to ask for photos outside of the photo section as not everyone contributes or knows about this section.
I cant do this myself as it would look like I was touting for votes.

I also noticed that the number voting was small although the number of times a photo has been viewed can be high, as a new contributer I don't know if this is the "norm".
susie123 likes this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:49   #26
Beacon of light

I think that maybe some people wait until the date for uploads passes before making a vote.......thinking someone might upload something they like better...you can change your vote at any time...but maybe they don't realise this.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:54   #27
Senior Member+

Thanks Mick, just noticed the request in forum news....... Could I also suggest that we have a prize of £1000 for the winner, ................just joking,................ £500 would be enough,............... still joking
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 16:58   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Thanks Mick, just noticed the request in forum news....... Could I also suggest that we have a prize of £1000 for the winner, ................just joking,................ £500 would be enough,............... still joking
How about a voucher for Jessops?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 19:25   #29
Beacon of light

Soon there are going to be no dedicated camera shops....we'll have to deal with the lumpen dullards who staff Currys and PC World.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:34   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
If you would like to donate it i will put it up as a prize no problem .....not joking

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..