Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 16:13   #1486
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
A selection of my favourite views in the Lake District.

1-6 Ullswater in different seasons.

7-9 shots of Buttermere

10 A view of Grasmere taken after a strenous climb up Helm Crag to see The Lion and the Lamb.
Fantastic shots
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-08-2012, 16:49   #1487
Resting In Peace

Well I see this thread has made it to our 100th page, well done to all the posters for making it so enjoyable, and a big thank you to Davemac for starting it and helping to keep it going. We've seen a lot of pictures, had some good conversations and learnt a lot. What more could one ask?
Old 01-08-2012, 16:55   #1488
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Well I see this thread has made it to our 100th page, well done to all the posters for making it so enjoyable, and a big thank you to Davemac for starting it and helping to keep it going. We've seen a lot of pictures, had some good conversations and learnt a lot. What more could one ask?
Well spotted Sue - on towards the next century!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 17:12   #1489
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Macerata is a in a lovely area great to explore in a camer van -off the beaten track for most Brits who stick to Tuscany/Umbria. Lovely little hilltop villages and the area is famous for it's leather goods. Was there for a holiday about 8 years ago. The food is good down there too -especially the Olive all'Ascolano which are large green olives stuffed with meat, breadcrumbed and deep fried -one to try -delicious!

The coast isn't as nice though as it's on the Adriatic, apart from a particular area know as the Riviera del Conero which is a Marine national park and very pretty.

Love the building site ntice -if it had been a weekday Sue, I'm sure you'd have seen them all abiding by the rules
ha ha Dianne we stayed on two campsites on the Riviera del Conera, have lots of pics from there! Our goal in that area was a little town called Castelfidardo whose main industry is making accordions and has a squeezebox museum so Richard as keen to see that and visit some makers as his retirement dream is to make squeezeboxes himself. Well every trip has to have a goal doesn't it?

We also visited Loreto and happened to land there on the birthday of the Virgin so there was a lot happening in the town - services, a great market etc - all very interesting. And had some good food in the area - fish on the coast of course.

We travelled down the coast from Ravenna as I'd been wanting to see the mosaics in the churches there for 40 years - and they certainly didn't disappoint (got pics of them too!). We also visited San Marino. And our way home was via Umbria and Tuscany stopping off in Siena and Florence. We wanted to go to San Gimignano to see the towers but couldn't park our camper van closer than about two miles so only saw the skyline from a distance. Same in Assisi so we didn't bother. We have bikes on the back now though - but not sure about those hills!

We did visit a lovely unspoilt Renaissace town whse name escapes me for the minute, will look it up, but everything in miniature, church and palace built by one of the Popes. We managed to park our van really close - and there were some friendly cats too! Stayed in Fiesole not Florence and got the bus there which was better than trying to park! and had a wonderful day including going right up to the top of the Duomo dome. Siena we saw in the evening and it was magical being in the Campo central square (not square but shell shaped!) as the light changed from day to dusk to dark., and seeing the stripy cathedral all lit up. Oh and went to Pisa of course.

So all in all a pretty comprehensive holiday - just got to do the bottom half of the boot now!
Old 01-08-2012, 17:30   #1490
Resting In Peace

The placename that escaped me earlier is Pienza, beautiful small town, interesting history, stunning location and views. Well worth a visit - but not too many tourists or they'll stop people taking camper vans close to the town! like in Assisi (see previous post).
Pienza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Better pictures here if you like architecture
Pienza

Promise I'll stop rambling now... you've probably had enough of me for now.
Old 01-08-2012, 19:11   #1491
Senior Member+

I discovered Nelson park this week, it didn't realize how big and nice it was. There are two halves joined with a tunnel so you don't have to cross the road.
I got my wife's little scooter out of the car boot and she had a run around while I took a few photos.

There are lots of ducks and swimming things to feed and the car park is right along side, it was where we used to park for the Stock cars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0769.jpg (584.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0770.jpg (618.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0772.jpg (615.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0789.jpg (511.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0792.jpg (532.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0799.jpg (593.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0802.jpg (493.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0811.jpg (574.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0813.jpg (579.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0817.jpg (528.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-08-2012, 19:37   #1492
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I discovered Nelson park this week,

There are lots of ducks and swimming things to feed and the car park is right along side, it was where we used to park for the Stock cars.
Wonderful photo of the duck -amazing reflections in the water. Karma sent!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 01-08-2012, 19:40   #1493
Resting In Peace

Gremlin, first the moon, now some great ducks. Thanks!

Dianne, forgot to say earlier how much I enjoyed your lakes photos, esp Buttermere, remember walking all the way round that a few years ago and we saw a red squirrel!
Old 01-08-2012, 19:41   #1494
God Member

Quote:
ha ha Dianne we stayed on two campsites on the Riviera del Conera, have lots of pics from there! Our goal in that area was a little town called Castelfidardo whose main industry is making accordions and has a squeezebox museum so Richard as keen to see that and visit some makers as his retirement dream is to make squeezeboxes himself. Well every trip has to have a goal doesn't it?
Well done for finding a hidden gem! (Won't let me give you Kama!)

Hope Richard realises his retirement dream -we know a Frenchman (Bernard) who lives up in a tiny Ialian valley making bagpipes -the Breton type not Scottish...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 01-08-2012, 19:46   #1495
God Member

Quote:
Gremlin, first the moon, now some great ducks. Thanks!

Dianne, forgot to say earlier how much I enjoyed your lakes photos, esp Buttermere, remember walking all the way round that a few years ago and we saw a red squirrel!
It is a favourite walk -especially for the well-placed ice-cream van half-way round

My first love is Ullswater though...

Have just taken some pics of the moon here for Margaret -will have to see how they are -my camera is not that good (excuse of a bad photographer!)

I did appreciate your cobbles the other day -don't have enough K to go round...Give, give, give

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 01-08-2012, 19:50   #1496
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Wonderful photo of the duck
Got to agree on that one, I really liked it. I assume you zoomed in but even then the quality is very good.
Old 01-08-2012, 19:56   #1497
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Well done for finding a hidden gem! (Won't let me give you Kama!)

Hope Richard realises his retirement dream -we know a Frenchman (Bernard) who lives up in a tiny Ialian valley making bagpipes -the Breton type not Scottish...
Oh I know the Breton bagpipes well... we have two friends who play them - Luciole is French living in Coventry with her English fella who's a morris man and she plays them very well. Trevor is English, lived in France with a succession of French women, then married a German woman half his age and they now have three young girls and live in Sussex - and Trevor is Richard's age! He's more of a squeezeboxer than a bagpiper though he plays them for fun.
Old 01-08-2012, 20:21   #1498
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Also very good, you can even pick out the droplets on her head in that second one where she's preening, like it. (I'll take quality over quantity every time )

What's the Camera you're using ?
Old 01-08-2012, 20:24   #1499
Senior Member+

Quote:
Once again I came on to post my pictures, and once again have been distracted looking at pictures from far and wide, and thanks Susie for those kind words.

To sort of emphasise the type of thread we now have, someone in Morecambe posting pictures about Italy, someone in Italy posting about the Lake District, a visit to Nelson from Accrington, and me later "up the cut", we have been on trains, buses, cars, weve also been shopping in far away places, all this is what keeps us all coming back for more.

When I started this thread in May I wasn't sure if it would last, as the interest has to come from a variety of pictures posted.
I have to say it has passed my expectations to infinity and beyond, and along the way I like to think that I have made some friends, and in a small way we have all had a smile put on our faces and a song in our hearts. Also I hope after posting this there wont be a dry seat in the house.

I must get my pics sorted now as I cant post after 10 o'clock its a condition of my tag.

Thanks again to everyone for "getting stuck in " and keep it up.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 20:24   #1500
Senior Member+

Dave, It's a Nikon 5000. The photos are straight off the camera, no manipulation apart from reducing the size by 2O%.

Last edited by Gremlin; 01-08-2012 at 20:27.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..