Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26116Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 07:43   #1621
God Member

Re: Today in pictures

Bugman strikes again -great close-ups - but that spider!!!! Euuuughh

The stuff of nightmares...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2012, 10:56   #1622
Resting In Peace

Some pictures today taken from the upstairs windows of our house over the last two or three days, playing with the zoom in some of them.

1 Cauliflower clouds over Morecambe bay
2 There's a bird in that tree...
3 Yes there is...
4 It's spreading its wings
5 Long shot over the garden and the plum tree to the cemetery gate in the lane behind, from second-floor window
6 Close up at last, with digital zoom
7 Bird, Photoscaped
8 And again
9 Spot the neighbour's cat, no her name is Seren (she had a sister called Dipity) asleep on our shed roof
10 Seren zoomed in
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P8050001 (300x400).jpg (35.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P8060005 (400x300).jpg (151.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P8060006 (400x300).jpg (43.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P8060007 (400x300).jpg (78.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg P8060008 (300x400).jpg (144.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P8060009 (300x400).jpg (81.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Bird crystal grayscale.jpg (71.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Bird engraving.jpg (94.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P8030100 (264x400).jpg (101.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P8030104 (300x400).jpg (107.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-08-2012, 15:51   #1623
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, is a walk done many times before, so no landscape shots, just the opposite.

1. Green-veined butterfly, although it does look a little blue to me!
2. Spider protecting her young.
3. Still protecting her young, from me.
4. Small Skipper butterfly.
5. Same Small Skipper.
6.Rush hour at Fosters Swing Bridge.
7. Fuchsia in St Mary's Burial Ground.
8. Ladybird on a Thistle, with a collection of smaller wickthings lower down.

Nice photos posted from others from around the world.
Great pics Dave watch out David Bellamy
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 20:27   #1624
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Some pictures today taken from the upstairs windows of our house over the last two or three days, playing with the zoom in some of them.

1 Cauliflower clouds over Morecambe bay
2 There's a bird in that tree...
3 Yes there is...
4 It's spreading its wings
5 Long shot over the garden and the plum tree to the cemetery gate in the lane behind, from second-floor window
6 Close up at last, with digital zoom
7 Bird, Photoscaped
8 And again
9 Spot the neighbour's cat, no her name is Seren (she had a sister called Dipity) asleep on our shed roof
10 Seren zoomed in
I can see you are playing with the textures, sometimes it just changes the picture into something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Great pics Dave watch out David Bellamy
Didn't set out for wickthings, but as it was a walk I have done many times and posted them, there was nothing different view wise, so looked down, or accross in some cases.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 20:30   #1625
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Bugman strikes again -great close-ups - but that spider!!!! Euuuughh

The stuff of nightmares...
I am becoming the "wicky-fungi" man, or as people who watch me take the photos say, "whats that nutcase doing on his hands and knees again.
Old 07-08-2012, 21:03   #1626
Senior Member+

What lens do you use for the "bug photos" Dave, is it a macro?
I was tempted to buy a macro lens myself but don't take any close up of tiny things so I didn't think it worth it.
Old 07-08-2012, 21:14   #1627
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, not a notable selection, but it is my day none the less.

1. Rain on a Rose Bay Willow herb flower.
2. Golden Rod, the reason I am looking up at this, is as I walked towards it to take a picture, the ditch in front of it was covered by weeds, and I didn't see it.
3. Bulrush growing in a wet bit.
4. There is a sale on at the shoe tree.
5. You don't see this all that much on the canal, Hemp Agrimony.
6. My weekend retreat, I was working in the lab late one night.......
7. Fosters Swing Bridge, now heading home, me, not the bridge.
8. Himalayan Balsam seed heads, ready to boing.
9. And finally, I think its a bath today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0010.JPG (463.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0021.JPG (425.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0027.JPG (454.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0052.JPG (452.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0058.JPG (388.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0065.JPG (478.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0080.JPG (398.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0095.JPG (412.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0100.JPG (392.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 07-08-2012, 21:23   #1628
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
What lens do you use for the "bug photos" Dave, is it a macro?
I was tempted to buy a macro lens myself but don't take any close up of tiny things so I didn't think it worth it.
The macro option is built into the camera, I just choose the option in auto mode, and then get on my hands and knees, thats the hard bit.

I use a fujifilm finepix F500exr, I chose that, as the first option for my camera was it must fit into my top pocket.

FinePix F550EXR | Fujifilm Global this is the same as mine, the only difference is this one has GPS, not an option I wanted.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:50   #1629
Resting In Peace

Dave that photo of the abandoned building is very evocative - could be an illustration for the Brontes - or a mad scientist...

Hemp Agrimony - haven't seen that for a while - used to have it in my last garden. Good for butterflies.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:00   #1630
Resting In Peace

One or two more pics playing with the zoom out of the upstairs window. Not got a very steady hand at the moment but I'll keep trying.

The statue is in the cemetery behind the house, two dead elm tree trunks were turned into a fisherman and a shrimp woman by a champion chain saw carver a couple of years ago.

The roofscape is the back of buildings on the prom, on the other side of the yacht club pound and car park which features often in my photos taken from the house. The iron pinnacle is taken with max optical and digital zoom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P8070001 (300x400).jpg (60.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P8070004 (300x400).jpg (64.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P8070008 (300x400).jpg (68.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P8070012 (300x400).jpg (52.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-08-2012, 10:02   #1631
Senior Member+

Thanks Dave, I have looked your camera up, it seems to have a decent spec, it certainly takes good photos.
I had a Fujifilm 9500 but it was much bigger than yours and wouldn't fit in my pocket.
I sold it to a mate when I bought the Nikon DSLR, that's even bigger with the interchangeable lenses and needs a camera bag to cart it around.
I also had a Fujifilm compact, not as good as yours but still a decent camera but it didn't have a veiwfinder and I can't do with quinting at the screen, especially if the sun is behind me.
I hadn't bothered with it for a while so I sold it to another mate far too cheaply.

I have priced a macro lens on Amazon for my Nikon and they are upwards of £350, I will leave the macro shots to you Dave, otherwise my wife would imprint my head on the back of a the frying pan.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:05   #1632
Senior Member+

Some great photos on here folks - keep up the good work!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:14   #1633
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I also had a Fujifilm compact, not as good as yours but still a decent camera but it didn't have a veiwfinder and I can't do with quinting at the screen, especially if the sun is behind me.
Don't know if you've seen some of the posts on here where I was talking recently about upgrading my compact camera - I had an old Fujifilm compact with optical viewfinder but not much zoom. The problem is that hardly any of the compacts about now have the optical viewfinder and like you I don't like the screen.

But I have settled for an Olympus with 10x optical zoom and am having to get used to using the screen. It's a nice little camera, very easy to use and good enough for me, I'm not into bells and whistles. I did look at one like Dave's - and Marg P has got one as well... but didn't like the pop up flash and that angled knob on the top RHS. Each to his (her) own!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:02   #1634
Senior Member+

Quote:
Thanks Dave, I have looked your camera up, it seems to have a decent spec, it certainly takes good photos.
I had a Fujifilm 9500 but it was much bigger than yours and wouldn't fit in my pocket.
I sold it to a mate when I bought the Nikon DSLR, that's even bigger with the interchangeable lenses and needs a camera bag to cart it around.
I hadn't bothered with it for a while so I sold it to another mate far too cheaply.

I have priced a macro lens on Amazon for my Nikon and they are upwards of £350, I will leave the macro shots to you Dave, otherwise my wife would imprint my head on the back of a the frying pan.
Its horses for courses really, I probably wouldn't post as many photos as I do if it had to be carried in a bag.
A viewfinder would not work for me especially in macro mode, a viewfinder would look past the subject, and you would have to fiddle with offset correction. My shots close up, are at ground level a lot of the time and looking through a viewfinder would not be possible, also my head would be in contact with the camera and the camera is an inch away from the subject. With a screen the camera can be at arms length, and I can still centre the subject. As I said though, its what works for you.

As Susie said though the flash pops up on turn on, but it can be pushed in if you wish to disable the flash.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:04   #1635
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Some great photos on here folks - keep up the good work!
Can we expect any photos of yours, or are you not into photography, either way glad you like the thread, and keep contributing if only to comment on photos.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..