Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 12:08   #1636
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Dave that photo of the abandoned building is very evocative - could be an illustration for the Brontes - or a mad scientist...

Hemp Agrimony - haven't seen that for a while - used to have it in my last garden. Good for butterflies.
I have not walked around the building before, but found a path that saved me climbing over barbed wire, so couldn't resist a mooch.

I had not come across the Hemp Agrimony before on the canal, so had to look it up, no butterflies though, perhaps as it opens fully
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-08-2012, 14:10   #1637
God Member

A selection from a walk round the farm this morning - showing some of the architecture of the old farm ( built 1700's) there are an amazing number of arches -must have taken some building.

There's a photo of one of our Border Collies for Max -she is grey and white with pale blue eyes, she's called Chicca(pronounced Keeka!) -is this a pecularity or is a part of the breed like this -her mother is identical.

The first solar panels went on this morning and I took a few other shots of interest including an old grape vine and some grapes (love the shadows on the photo of the grapes, wonderful leaf shape!), an old bell and finally our two cute donkeys for DiG!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Arches.jpg (43.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Arch 2.jpg (32.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Arches 3.jpg (39.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Chicca.jpg (27.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Bell.jpg (26.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Grape vine.jpg (47.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Grapes.jpg (49.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Donkeys.jpg (35.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Solar panels.jpg (42.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Solar panels 2.jpg (37.8 KB, 9 views)

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 14:36   #1638
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Can we expect any photos of yours, or are you not into photography, either way glad you like the thread, and keep contributing if only to comment on photos.
Seem to recall Kestrelx used to post the occasional photo way back, so yeh never know? great thread by the way.
Old 08-08-2012, 14:38   #1639
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
A selection from a walk round the farm this morning - showing some of the architecture of the old farm ( built 1700's) there are an amazing number of arches -must have taken some building.

There's a photo of one of our Border Collies for Max -she is grey and white with pale blue eyes, she's called Chicca(pronounced Keeka!) -is this a pecularity or is a part of the breed like this -her mother is identical.

The first solar panels went on this morning and I took a few other shots of interest including an old grape vine and some grapes (love the shadows on the photo of the grapes, wonderful leaf shape!), an old bell and finally our two cute donkeys for DiG!!
A nice range of pics today Dianne! that first one looks more like a monastery than a farm!

Your collie is known as a merle, that's the term for that sort of coat colour, it's a genetic thing, can be blue, red or other colours I think and it affects eye colour as well.

Merle (dog coat) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I first came across one a few years ago up here, it was a red one, very unusual, and I don't know if you remember me posting pics from dog agility trials a few weeks ago, there were quite a few there. I think they are becoming more popular.

Here's a pic from the dog trials of a red merle collie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3737 (562x640).jpg (268.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-08-2012, 14:46   #1640
God Member

Quote:
A nice range of pics today Dianne! that first one looks more like a monastery than a farm!

Your collie is known as a merle, that's the term for that sort of coat colour, it's a genetic thing, can be blue, red or other colours I think and it affects eye colour as well.

Merle (dog coat) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I first came across one a few years ago up here, it was a red one, very unusual, and I don't know if you remember me posting pics from dog agility trials a few weeks ago, there were quite a few there. I think they are becoming more popular.

Here's a pic from the dog trials of a red merle collie.
Thanks for that Sue -so Chicca is a blue merle! (Nicer than the red one I think) She is a lovely sweet dog and very friendly. Doesn't seem to be deaf either which I read is frequently a problem for these kinds of dogs.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 17:08   #1641
Senior Member+

These are some pics I took last week.
1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 17:30   #1642
Resting In Peace

Frank, we've got loads of goldfinches in our garden but they just won't stay still long enough to be snapped! Lovely picture.
Old 08-08-2012, 17:38   #1643
Resting In Peace

Quote:
finally our two cute donkeys for DiG!!
Dianne and Dave don't know if either of you will be able to access this clip but just found this video of a giant donkey!

BBC News - Huge donkey welcomed at Lincolnshire animal sancturary
Old 08-08-2012, 17:45   #1644
Senior Member+

Quote:
Frank, we've got loads of goldfinches in our garden but they just won't stay still long enough to be snapped! Lovely picture.
I had to wait ages for that shot .It was taken with my 300mm lens.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 18:17   #1645
Senior Member+

Quote:
Can we expect any photos of yours, or are you not into photography, either way glad you like the thread, and keep contributing if only to comment on photos.
Yes I have a Fujifilm S8100 with 18x zoom but not been very enthusiastic this last year - here is video I made on it on my wildlife You Tube channel, with the highest amount of views...

It's a good camera but lacking as no zoom when using the video function.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 19:01   #1646
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
video of a giant donkey!
Says it all really, from the States, Texas no less & she's called Ellie May, typical spams, everything has to be bigger, better, longer ......
Old 08-08-2012, 19:03   #1647
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Yes I have a Fujifilm S8100 with 18x zoom but not been very enthusiastic this last year - here is video I made on it on my wildlife You Tube channel, with the highest amount of views...
It's a good camera but lacking as no zoom when using the video function.
Nice one Kes, I remember discovering your YouTube channel a couple of months ago...
Old 08-08-2012, 19:56   #1648
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, minimal amount today due to BIG shop day, I did go out, but not much to see.

1. Start point.
2. & 3. laying eggs in the water.

That is the best I could manage today with my large curriculum..............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0103.JPG (387.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0111.JPG (438.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0120.JPG (393.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-08-2012, 19:59   #1649
Senior Member+

Quote:

Some very photogenic structures there, you must give us more
Old 08-08-2012, 19:59   #1650
Senior Member+

Quote:
Today in Pictures, minimal amount today due to BIG shop day, I did go out, but not much to see.

1. Start point.
2. & 3. laying eggs in the water.

That is the best I could manage today with my large curriculum..............
Have you ever entered "Country File" photo competition?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..