Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 20:49   #271
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Take the easy path, that one is not so bad. Avoid the steps and the long path that takes you to the back of the coppice(that is somehow the worst)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
davemac, thanks for the pictures of the Coppice, looks so much better than it used to.
I'd come for a look and a walk but I'd never get up it!

Since I am off work for 2 weeks and little money to do anything this first week(though dad is taking me to the races in beverley mid week) I decided to get on a bus and go to Darwen and walk up to the tower and have a walk across the moors. Pics will follow--when I can be bothered.
Old 11-06-2012, 20:50   #272
Senior Member+

Oooh the cat looks like a moodier version of lady
Old 11-06-2012, 22:11   #273
Senior Member+

Unable to post "today in pictures" today. The computer has been taking the mickey for a month or so, but today it went without a bra,but instead of going down they went up. Anyway, after it went "boobs up" found the receipt, and tootled off to PC World(its still warrantied). they say it will take at least two weeks.
Got out the standby laptop, everything had, and still has to be updated, so i'v been a bit distracted. Still have to put on my camera software.
Will be uploading again when I get this all sorted.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:15   #274
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
davemac, thanks for the pictures of the Coppice, looks so much better than it used to.
I'd come for a look and a walk but I'd never get up it!
On a nice day its worth the effort, just for the view from the top, and if you have time have a wander around the top through the trees, you could be in a forest.
Old 11-06-2012, 22:19   #275
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
On a nice day its worth the effort, just for the view from the top, and if you have time have a wander around the top through the trees, you could be in a forest.
We know it well. Plenty of off lead runs.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 22:22   #276
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
We know it well. Plenty of off lead runs.
And usually not a lot of folk about, other than dog walkers.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:52   #277
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Unable to post "today in pictures" today. The computer has been taking the mickey for a month or so, but today it went without a bra,but instead of going down they went up. Anyway, after it went "boobs up" found the receipt, and tootled off to PC World(its still warrantied). they say it will take at least two weeks.
Got out the standby laptop, everything had, and still has to be updated, so i'v been a bit distracted. Still have to put on my camera software.
Will be uploading again when I get this all sorted.
I was worried about you.......thought you had walked so far that you couldn't get back....was about to don my weather proof coat and come out with the St Bernard.
Good luck with the computer and PC world....look forward to seeing yesterdays'Today in Pictures' when they are ready.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:55   #278
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I was worried about you.......thought you had walked so far that you couldn't get back....was about to don my weather proof coat and come out with the St Bernard.
Good luck with the computer and PC world....look forward to seeing yesterdays'Today in Pictures' when they are ready.
Yesterday was a right off as regards photos, after going to Blackburn, then getting my laptop out and updating everything (Microsoft update took hours) having to put camera software on my laptop etc etc.. So Bob only got a couple of short walks, one on the canal, and a late one down Mercer park just as the sun was going down.

Don't know how you are with situations when stuff goes wrong, but it put me off my stride.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:07   #279
Beacon of light

Yes, I have to admit stuff like that makes me feel very peevish, narky, nowty.
Dealing with the people who work at PC world is enough to make you take to strong drink innit.(unless they have radically changed in the last couple of years)
Old 12-06-2012, 10:09   #280
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Dealing with the people who work at PC world is enough to make you take to strong drink innit.(unless they have radically changed in the last couple of years)
I'm lucky my garden gnome knows all about that sort of stuff too. He's very versatile!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:10   #281
Beacon of light

You are indeed Sue...do you hire him out?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:36   #282
Resting In Peace

Quote:
You are indeed Sue...do you hire him out?
No - he might not come home and his skills are too precious to lose! Actually if I sent him to Accy on his own he probably wouldn't come home - he has no conception of the geography of Lancashire, having lived most of his life south of Watford and having me as a navigator for 36 years!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:55   #283
Beacon of light

I think I might have his twin brother(except he is a technophobe and relies on me with anything that has more than an on/off switch).
Himself and I have been going to Manchester for a number of years, yet I swear if I turned him round three times and ran off, he would be lost......and what is is about them not asking directions anywhere?
This must be a male thing as my son-in-law is exactly the same. He has no inbuilt compass either.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:59   #284
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I think I might have his twin brother(except he is a technophobe and relies on me with anything that has more than an on/off switch).
Himself and I have been going to Manchester for a number of years, yet I swear if I turned him round three times and ran off, he would be lost......and what is is about them not asking directions anywhere?
This must be a male thing as my son-in-law is exactly the same. He has no inbuilt compass either.
Not always... my dad was brilliant with what he called his "bump of direction". Think I must have inherited mine from him - but I do like to have a map in front of me in a strange place. I have shelves of maps at home - just opening one gives me itchy feet.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:08   #285
I am Banned

Quote:
Thats because all the top technicians that worked for PC World have moved next door into Comet.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..