Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2013, 22:02   #5926
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Some nice pics as usual Dave, No.3 looks like the water is running upwards, or have I just had too much falling down water.
I cant see it as reverse water, but then again we all see things in a different way.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2013, 22:07   #5927
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Great pics again Dave,One of our walks
I go around the Coppice on a casual but regular basis, but the walk up to the waterfall is not as often, as it is a bit of a scramble to get to the base of the water, and then a slippy climb up the slopes to the reservoirs, so I only do that bit occasionally.
Old 22-12-2013, 22:12   #5928
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I cant see it as reverse water, but then again we all see things in a different way.
OK, just me then, the ground just seems to be looking downhill to me, but it obviously isn`t because of the waterflow. A bit of an optical illusion. I think it`s the green bit to the left that`s doing it makes me think i`m stood on a wall looking down.
davemac likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 09:35   #5929

Quote:
I think Dave meant, if you were in Accy there really would be gunfire.
Oh, of course! Now I can see that. My brains are a bit addled at the moment.

Just got power back on after 18 hours, and cell phone working again. The remaining trees are still coated with ice and heavily weighted. The winds are picking up and there are still crashing sounds outside as trees and branches fall. Some of my favourite trees are barely hanging in, and some are lost. What a mess!
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 09:37   #5930

Quote:
A first for us, a walk around Dean Clough Reservoir.
Wonderful shots - I can feel the doggie's excitement
Old 23-12-2013, 09:40   #5931

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Just glad you stayed safe Carolyn. Brilliant pics by the way.
Thank you Margaret. As I've said several times since this storm started: trees can be replaced, people not so much! Just glad we have a gas fireplace in our basement. It kept the whole house tolerably warm during the power outage.
Old 23-12-2013, 09:42   #5932

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Last day of the Osnabrücker Weihnachtsmarkt, so Witchy & Stitch were transported to its dubious pleasures (even the unformed snow).

Piccies in order: Stitchy & Witch, The Dom & stalls, Chiming nativity mobile, Hasestraße (sparkly setting), Bier Straße , Krahnstraße.
Looks lovely, Dave. Nice pics
Old 23-12-2013, 09:47   #5933

Quote:
You have to see it to believe it, its not snow on the trees its a covering of ice, that must be cold ! 10 out of 10 for going out there and taking the pictures.
Thanks Davemac! My first thought when I stepped out yesterday morning was: How do I get to the car without falling down? Then it was: how do I open a car door coated in an inch of ice, followed by: where is it safe to stand with all these tree branches crashing down around me? Then I remembered my camera!
shillelagh and davemac like this.
Old 23-12-2013, 09:51   #5934

Quote:
Today in Pictures, not quite the Coppice, just the front edge through to the top of Arden Hall.

1. Front edge of the Coppice.
2. The top of Arden hall, not sure of the name for this area, I just know some paddling and a bit of climbing had to be done to get this shot, plus my flat cap fell in the stream.
3. You have to be in it, to wet it.
4. Heading up toward the reservoirs.
5. Spire farm, there is a hint of hailstone hitting my bonce.
6. Channelled water to fuel the industrial revolution.
7. You will never guess what's dangling in the water.
8. The first reservoir feeding the second.
9. Almost back at the car park, in between the last shot and this it hail-stoned and a flurry of snow, and it does feel just short of freezing.
10. The sun has just gone down past Darwen Tower in the distance.
It looks like a great walk with lovely wet bits!
davemac likes this.
Old 23-12-2013, 10:01   #5935
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Looks lovely, Dave. Nice pics
Aye Carolyn, it's not a bad Weihnachtsmarkt. Not one of the major German ones but it does get a fair bit of traffic, national & international, would've been nicer with a light dusting of snow though.
Turtle likes this.
Old 23-12-2013, 10:46   #5936
Senior Member+

Quote:
Thanks Davemac! My first thought when I stepped out yesterday morning was: How do I get to the car without falling down? Then it was: how do I open a car door coated in an inch of ice, followed by: where is it safe to stand with all these tree branches crashing down around me? Then I remembered my camera!
Glad the camera got taken, you have to see the ice sculptures to believe them

Quote:
It looks like a great walk with lovely wet bits!
The wet bits took a bit of getting as its was muddy underfoot and down a slope, but if you want the shot you have to wet your pants.
Turtle likes this.
Old 23-12-2013, 12:00   #5937
Senior Member+

Maybe Davemac likes a wet gusset and knees but I am a stay indoors chap this weather.
I took these following pictures looking through the patio windows with a macro lens and a lot of faffing about with the aperture setting.
Then while I had the lens on I played around with a light bulb and got the photo of the filament, then a half inch screw.

You can tell I am a bit bored.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_7792.JPG (324.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_7776.JPG (430.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_7759.JPG (431.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_7734.JPG (345.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_7772.JPG (270.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_7649.JPG (293.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_7660.JPG (84.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 23-12-2013, 12:19   #5938

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Maybe Davemac likes a wet gusset and knees but I am a stay indoors chap this weather.
I took these following pictures looking through the patio windows with a macro lens and a lot of faffing about with the aperture setting.
Then while I had the lens on I played around with a light bulb and got the photo of the filament, then a half inch screw.

You can tell I am a bit bored.
Nice shots!
Old 23-12-2013, 14:37   #5939
Senior Member+

Nice pics Gremlin, I like the lighting in 4, light bulb on or glowing would have been an interesting pic.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 16:13   #5940
Senior Member+

I will give it a go later gpick, I have a 60 watt clear bulb but no dimmer so it will be a challenge.
gpick24 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..