Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2014, 01:05   #6121
God Member

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
That's a really nice reflection shot. Max is looking good!
My thoughts exactly!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2014, 07:06   #6122
Senior Member+

Quote:
Super shots - I really like No.1. Well done capturing the hawk in flight! Do you know what species it is?
I believe it`s a kestrel.
Turtle likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 07:30   #6123
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I believe it`s a kestrel.
definatly a kestrel
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 09:31   #6124
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
definatly a kestrel
Thanks, wouldn`t have known myself, but was told by a few people that it is a kestrel.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 21:45   #6125
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, another overcast day as we walked down to the river. After arriving at Cock Bridge we turned around and headed back up the hill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1..JPG (484.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2..JPG (279.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 3..JPG (207.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 4..JPG (290.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 5..JPG (472.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 6..JPG (467.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 7..JPG (209.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 8..JPG (345.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 9..JPG (441.0 KB, 9 views)
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 21:51   #6126
God Member

A look round the center of San Blas again today - all geared for the British tourist. Hardest decisions of the day - where to have your "full English" at lunchtime and where you get the best deal for the Happy Hour- will it be "Nutters", "Scruffy Macs" or the Sport's Bar with giant sreen TV... You can't fail to notice you're on the final leg of the flight path for landing planes but as a whole it's a great place for picking up a bargain or the odd souvenir and it's all kept very neat and tidy with the odd thing that reminds you you are actually in Spain!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN9810.jpg (171.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9813.jpg (168.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9814.jpg (147.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9816.jpg (154.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9817.jpg (148.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9818.jpg (178.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9819.jpg (183.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9820.jpg (168.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9821.jpg (169.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9823.jpg (161.1 KB, 8 views)

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 14-01-2014, 21:59   #6127

hi their I'm new to the site i was just looking at the pictures which brought home some fond memerys of lancashire as i no-longer live in the area having been away for 30 yrs your photos are good thank you
denise
mobertol likes this.
mepham denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 22:37   #6128

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, another overcast day as we walked down to the river. After arriving at Cock Bridge we turned around and headed back up the hill
Some lovely dramatic skies there.
davemac likes this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 22:38   #6129

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepham denise View Post
hi their I'm new to the site i was just looking at the pictures which brought home some fond memerys of lancashire as i no-longer live in the area having been away for 30 yrs your photos are good thank you
denise
Welcome!
mobertol likes this.

Last edited by Turtle; 14-01-2014 at 22:38. Reason: Don't know if Denise is surname
Old 14-01-2014, 22:40   #6130

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
A look round the center of San Blas again today - all geared for the British tourist. Hardest decisions of the day - where to have your "full English" at lunchtime and where you get the best deal for the Happy Hour- will it be "Nutters", "Scruffy Macs" or the Sport's Bar with giant sreen TV... You can't fail to notice you're on the final leg of the flight path for landing planes but as a whole it's a great place for picking up a bargain or the odd souvenir and it's all kept very neat and tidy with the odd thing that reminds you you are actually in Spain!
Nice capture of the plane in 4!
mobertol likes this.
Old 14-01-2014, 22:42   #6131
Senior Member+

Quote:
denise
Welcome to the site, and the thread, perhaps when you get the hang of the site you could upload a few pictures of your area.
mobertol likes this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 00:28   #6132
God Member

Quote:
denise
Welcome Denise!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 15-01-2014, 00:30   #6133
God Member

Quote:
Nice capture of the plane in 4!
Lol! They pass over pretty regularly as the runway is about 200m away from the town -so you never have long to wait to capture one! You don't acually hear them much as they're cruising in at that point and are ready for touchdown...
Turtle likes this.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 15-01-2014, 00:35   #6134
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Still won't let me give you Karma Dave! I love the peace of number two - idyllic pastoral scene -very recogniseable as being Lankyshire countryside.

Lovely set of photos -looks like it was a nice walk. I like the photo of Cock Bridge too - similar to an old postcard Gary just found and posted.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 15-01-2014, 07:45   #6135
Senior Member+

Quote:
denise
Welcome to the best part of Accyweb
mobertol, davemac, Turtle and 1 others like this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..