Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26116Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2014, 16:30   #6601
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

I`ve seen pics using that technique, although I didn`t know you needed an adapter, I thought you just held it there.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2014, 16:57   #6602
Senior Member+

The pair of adapters cost about twelve quids, there is no glass in them.
You need the pair because one of them had a catch to operate the aperture otherwise you need to hold it open with a match stick or rubber band
It manual focus only and you can change the shutter speed from the camera.
If you decide on one make sure you specify which camera you use and make sure you get a thread to fit the lens .
Old 20-02-2014, 17:21   #6603
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Didn't have much time but I had a go at shooting some close ups with the super macro feature,deleted them though.They all looked like my camera had a cataract.
There is always a learning curve with a new technique, and learning the ways of the camera, but don't be put off by the first few mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Never tried the macro the setting with this camera before, don`t usually do close ups but curiosity got the better of me.
The world of macro brings with it a new set of challenges, the depth of field and focus being one of the first problems to master. But when you have the technique off pat you will then have to master lying down in the wet, dirty grass to get the best shots.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2014, 17:32   #6604
Senior Member+

Or in my case Dave, get a plant in a pot and take photos of it on the kitchen table, no damp gusset that way.
I have a periscope like device which clips over the view finder and is angled upwards.
You can keep the camera low and horizontal while you look down the attachment which is about four inches long above the camera.
I posted some photos a while back at a Morgan car rally and managed some cracking photos looking up at cars from low down.
davemac likes this.
Old 20-02-2014, 18:32   #6605

I had an 'interesting' day, and so I just had to post a few more snowy photos. We're getting a major rain storm tonight, and with all the snow both on our roof, and our back patio, we worried about possible flooding and damage due to ice dams. So Hubby and I started shovelling shortly after dawn - not the roof, as we don't plan on an early demise! Then the condominium board sent workers to shovel off the roof of our unit. We needn't have bothered killing ourselves this morning - there's as much snow back there as ever!

1. Dawn dawneth.
2. There's patio furniture and a BBQ under there somewhere.
3. We took lots of breaks.
4. A nice path to the bird feeder, and a place for the rain and melted snow to depart (hopefully).
5. I took these garden face sculptures down off the fence and discovered one had a little nest built into the back! The white stuff is fuzzy fluff of some kind, not snow.
6. Some pretty spectacular icicles - taken last week at my artisans' guild.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pink Dawn.jpg (88.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Shovel.jpg (275.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Taling a Break.jpg (212.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Path.jpg (343.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Nest.jpg (328.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Icicles.jpg (343.4 KB, 10 views)
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2014, 20:03   #6606
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
I had an 'interesting' day, and so I just had to post a few more snowy photos. We're getting a major rain storm tonight, and with all the snow both on our roof, and our back patio, we worried about possible flooding and damage due to ice dams. So Hubby and I started shovelling shortly after dawn - not the roof, as we don't plan on an early demise! Then the condominium board sent workers to shovel off the roof of our unit. We needn't have bothered killing ourselves this morning - there's as much snow back there as ever!

1. Dawn dawneth.
2. There's patio furniture and a BBQ under there somewhere.
3. We took lots of breaks.
4. A nice path to the bird feeder, and a place for the rain and melted snow to depart (hopefully).
5. I took these garden face sculptures down off the fence and discovered one had a little nest built into the back! The white stuff is fuzzy fluff of some kind, not snow.
6. Some pretty spectacular icicles - taken last week at my artisans' guild.
Some impressive snow there and the icicles are a size that we don't usualy get over here.
Old 20-02-2014, 22:19   #6607
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, a day when it was sunny one minute and storm clouds the next.

1. It sort of spells out the day, mostly dark with a bright spot now and again.
2. Were gona need a bigger boat.
3. Why are sunny bits always over there.
4. I've taken this bent tree before, but I am drawn to it.
5. A dark bit, a sunny bit, and a colourful bit.
6. Just after a shower.
7. Its a harsh environment.
8. Another hailstone shower.
9. There are a few lone trees around here.
10. Time to scarper before the next shower.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CSC_3145.JPG (499.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2995.JPG (365.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3003.JPG (418.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3017.JPG (483.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3021.JPG (363.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3057.JPG (493.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3086.JPG (340.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3094.JPG (387.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1030644.JPG (301.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1030656.JPG (402.0 KB, 9 views)
shillelagh, walker, JCB and 4 others like this.
Old 20-02-2014, 22:31   #6608

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Some impressive snow there and the icicles are a size that we don't usualy get over here.
Yes, it's been an unusual winter for us in this part of Canada. The amount of snow has been the same as in recent years, but there has been no melting to speak of. With the prolonged cold temps. the stuff just kept accumulating! It's normal for the Ottawa area, where I have family, but around here it's really starting to grind us down. A neighbour said yesterday that the crocuses would be growing, but underneath the snow! We'll never get to see them. Ah well, I'm holding out hope for tulips.
davemac likes this.
Old 20-02-2014, 22:38   #6609

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, a day when it was sunny one minute and storm clouds the next.

1. It sort of spells out the day, mostly dark with a bright spot now and again.
2. Were gona need a bigger boat.
3. Why are sunny bits always over there.
4. I've taken this bent tree before, but I am drawn to it.
5. A dark bit, a sunny bit, and a colourful bit.
6. Just after a shower.
7. Its a harsh environment.
8. Another hailstone shower.
9. There are a few lone trees around here.
10. Time to scarper before the next shower.
Really great shots. The monochrome effect in number one is perfect with the bright red umbrella. I can never get enough of the 'bent' tree! And number with the rainbow is a stunner
davemac likes this.
Old 20-02-2014, 22:39   #6610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Really great shots. The monochrome effect in number one is perfect with the bright red umbrella. I can never get enough of the 'bent' tree! And number with the rainbow is a stunner
Got a bit breathless - I meant number 5 (Tee Hee!)
davemac likes this.
Old 21-02-2014, 16:57   #6611
Senior Member+

I had another little play with the macro setting today,still quite a way to go

DSCF2276.jpgDSCF2351.jpgDSCF2353.jpgDSCF2355.jpgDSCF2356.jpgDSCF2359.jpgDSCF2354.jpgDSCF2352.jpg
shillelagh, davemac and gpick24 like this.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 17:33   #6612
Senior Member+

On some of them it looks like you have the same problem I used to have, and one of the main reasons I changed cameras, that is, auto focus is rubbish, that`s not a dig at your camera, just auto focus in general. Saying that, the marbles look good. Don`t think the chicken needed to be in macro mode myself, did you use the flash on the others? Is your ISO set to auto? if not, try setting it to that.
Old 21-02-2014, 18:55   #6613
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
On some of them it looks like you have the same problem I used to have, and one of the main reasons I changed cameras, that is, auto focus is rubbish, that`s not a dig at your camera, just auto focus in general. Saying that, the marbles look good. Don`t think the chicken needed to be in macro mode myself, did you use the flash on the others? Is your ISO set to auto? if not, try setting it to that.
I know it tends to focus on the background rather than the actual subject.
Yeah everything's in auto maybe if I mess about in manual mode it will focus correctly(it still looks like my cams got a cataract) ....

...I agree about the chicken too

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 19:13   #6614
Senior Member+

Asked about the ISO and flash because it seems to be struggling for light on some of them.
Old 21-02-2014, 19:22   #6615
Senior Member+

Today, a walk around the coppice.

1. Cycling in the rain.
2-4. The skies are busy this afternoon.
5. Cluck off.
6. It may be a bit run down...
7. ...but the view isn`t bad.
8. I`m usually over there, taking pics of over here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02824.jpg (107.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02833.jpg (296.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02841.jpg (498.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02849.jpg (497.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02850.jpg (497.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02851.jpg (488.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02853.jpg (495.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02856.jpg (485.2 KB, 7 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..