Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2014, 09:22   #7441
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Lovely pics Dave. I have missed your pics. Have you been otherwise occupied polishing up your snapping skills(not that they needed much brasso)?
I am envious...all I have to show are five miserable police cars(four visible) and a mucky Lancashire street.
I have not been able to go out, Bob had an operation, and is now limited in his movements for a while. A few years ago he had his left hip joint removed (femoral head arthroplasty) and last Wednesday had his right one removed, so he now has no hip joints.

I found from his first operation that when it had healed, and the surrounding muscle had built up to support the remaining joint, no disability remained. The vet said it was arthritis, and it had eaten away the ball, and the joint was eroded to such an extent that it was neither smooth or round any more, (I have it in a jar on the mantelpiece for now).
At the moment it is, no stairs, or steps, no jumping up, and definitely no walks longer than 5 minutes, which is a task in itself as he wants to do all these things. Then there is the antibiotics twice a day, and the ice packs 5 times a day, there is hydrotherapy to come yet, and through all this his tail has been wagging, its me that has been nervous, worried and tearful, still, when he has recovered he will be better than he has been in years and normal service will be resumed.
So for now I will be taking a back seat, I take a neighbours dog out on Saturdays, so will keep this up, but hopefully the time I have spare I will use to get my Flickr account up to date, I have hundreds to organise, and they go back to December, so perhaps I can put some of those on here so I don't disappear altogether.
So that's me up to date, one last thing, I am glad I took out pet insurance, if anyone out there who has a dog hasn't done it, do it.
mobertol likes this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-04-2014, 09:29   #7442
Beacon of light

Oh Dave! Sorry to hear that Bob has had such a trying time.
It must be like looking after a baby right now.
Just keep on keeping on. It will come good in the end.
Anyway, as you can see, what you started has meant that more people are doing the 'out and about with a camera' thing and bringing their efforts to the site for the general good of all who visit.

I know I am not as active as I was.....all down to circumstances...but I still look and comment and every now and then put some pics up.
Give Bob a hug from me and tell him to be a good boy and get better soon.
davemac and Accyexplorer like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 11:51   #7443
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Okay, while not technically today these pics are from yesterday. Due the time & condition I got back home yestereve it was most definitely not advisable to be messing with technology or pressing fiddly little buttons, so they're up for perusal today.

Some Wildlife x 2 (& some superstitious nervousness ) - Happy Kidlets & Mums - A Ferrari superdupersports model .......... lawnmower - An oasis of pleasure - The Boys doing their thing despite the weather - Choking the Chicken ?????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Storks.jpg (141.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Stork.JPG (376.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Henry with Charlene & Kiesha.jpg (209.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Robin with happy passengers.jpg (200.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Werner with happy paasengers.jpg (204.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg A Ferrari ......jpg (128.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg ,,,,, Motor mower.jpg (237.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Sanctuary (the Beer tent).jpg (201.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg The boys underway.jpg (212.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg The Chicken choker.jpg (254.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 27-04-2014, 12:01   #7444
Beacon of light

It's alright Son.....it was going back empty.
Great pics.
Old 27-04-2014, 12:02   #7445
Senior Member+

Nice bit of variety there D...."choking the chicken"

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 16:11   #7446
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I have not been able to go out, Bob had an operation, and is now limited in his movements for a while. A few years ago he had his left hip joint removed (femoral head arthroplasty) and last Wednesday had his right one removed, so he now has no hip joints.

I found from his first operation that when it had healed, and the surrounding muscle had built up to support the remaining joint, no disability remained. The vet said it was arthritis, and it had eaten away the ball, and the joint was eroded to such an extent that it was neither smooth or round any more, (I have it in a jar on the mantelpiece for now).
At the moment it is, no stairs, or steps, no jumping up, and definitely no walks longer than 5 minutes, which is a task in itself as he wants to do all these things. Then there is the antibiotics twice a day, and the ice packs 5 times a day, there is hydrotherapy to come yet, and through all this his tail has been wagging, its me that has been nervous, worried and tearful, still, when he has recovered he will be better than he has been in years and normal service will be resumed.
So for now I will be taking a back seat, I take a neighbours dog out on Saturdays, so will keep this up, but hopefully the time I have spare I will use to get my Flickr account up to date, I have hundreds to organise, and they go back to December, so perhaps I can put some of those on here so I don't disappear altogether.
So that's me up to date, one last thing, I am glad I took out pet insurance, if anyone out there who has a dog hasn't done it, do it.

Get well soon Bob. That is where pet insurance comes in to their own, once you have paid the excess they take over. I've always insured my dogs.
davemac likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 16:12   #7447
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Okay, while not technically today these pics are from yesterday. Due the time & condition I got back home yestereve it was most definitely not advisable to be messing with technology or pressing fiddly little buttons, so they're up for perusal today.

Some Wildlife x 2 (& some superstitious nervousness ) - Happy Kidlets & Mums - A Ferrari superdupersports model .......... lawnmower - An oasis of pleasure - The Boys doing their thing despite the weather - Choking the Chicken ?????
Nice ones Dave , looks like you got the rain.
Old 27-04-2014, 16:41   #7448
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
looks like you got the rain.
We most serpently did Frank, all I can say is, thankfully there's Beer tents & Caravans at these events were one may blissfully skulk .... in the dry, while partaking of a drop or several!
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 27-04-2014, 18:26   #7449

Quote:

Oh poor Bob! It's all for the best, though. I send my wishes for his speedy recovery.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 18:27   #7450

Quote:
Today in Pictures, My time recently has been otherwise occupied, but today was a walk around Jackhouse reservoir and its environs.
Great shots! I really like number 10
davemac likes this.
Old 27-04-2014, 18:32   #7451

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

I had to look twice at the chicken Hahhah! I used to have one of those (the rubber variety). I used it as a prop when I had to give a talk in front of folk - guaranteed me a chuckle and eased my nerves
Old 27-04-2014, 21:03   #7452

I managed to snap the elusive chipmunk at last. They're lightening fast! I had to get this through the window, so the quality isn't good, but you get the idea. Then I ventured out and saw my first turtle of this year. Two, actually. I didn't see the second one until I downloaded the pix. They haul themselves out onto the bank of the pond and catch a few rays to warm up. After this winter, it's amazing any of them survived. I hope to see more in the coming days. Oh, and this is my favourite tree in these parts: a white pine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chipmunk.jpg (395.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Turtles 1.jpg (96.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg turtles 2.jpg (394.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg favourite tree.jpg (492.6 KB, 11 views)
Old 27-04-2014, 21:15   #7453
Senior Member+

Got him at last.
Turtle likes this.
Old 27-04-2014, 21:18   #7454
Beacon of light

I like the chipmunk. My daughter would call it vermin.....she does not like any animal that is smaller than a cat.....whereas me, well I like them all(well I guess I would draw the line at snakes and such things - but I am still curious about them).
Good to see that the cold white stuff has gone.
Turtle likes this.
Old 27-04-2014, 21:37   #7455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I like the chipmunk. My daughter would call it vermin.....she does not like any animal that is smaller than a cat.....whereas me, well I like them all(well I guess I would draw the line at snakes and such things - but I am still curious about them).
Good to see that the cold white stuff has gone.
My neighbour used to feed peanuts to the chippies. She had a bit of a fright one day, when one of them ran up the wall and into the clothes dryer vent! She ran down into her basement laundry room and after much pullavah (sp?) freed the little devil. It then ran out through her basement and out the back door. This one must be a descendent - it runs up the drain spout as soon as it spies me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..