Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2014, 16:37   #7621
God Member

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
He's looking pretty well after such a hard winter - glad he turned up eventually
Up close, he's a little grubby ... but now that the nice weather is here, and he is eating, the scruffy little ****** will start grooming himself.
Turtle likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2014, 16:39   #7622
Senior Member+

Quote:
The wet is your element though - has brought out some great photos. Loved the previous set and the dandelion clock in this last set was worthy of some "chimping" when you captured it I'm sure! The bee on the Mayflower is really lovely too.
As to the smell of bluebells it is a very delicate scent remeniscent of the hyacinth. Got some great wafts of it especially at Brock Bottom when I was over.
Chimping is the only way to do it properly, but on the wet subject, I never expected it to rain whilst I was out, so hadn't given an application of Dubbin, and you know what happens under those circumstances

P.S. Hyacinth and Bluebells are the same family.
mobertol likes this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 16:44   #7623
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures........today I wet my knickers.

1.Here I am, hands and knees in a graveyard, sniffing flowers.
2. All my brothers and sisters have gone now.
3. Hello daisy.
4. Still sniffing, have to say not much scent with the closed ones, however the open bells have a slight smell, but only slight of Apples, but if I snap a leaf off the sap does have an earthy smell as Mrs P. reported. So if picked I think this is the dominant smell, but if you lie on the floor sniffing them, people stare at you.
5. Mayflower with wickthings.
6. Heading into the Millennium Woods, a view of Pendle.
7. A lush area now, but it has started spitting.
8. That is the area I am going, but it is now raining, and heavily.
9. A bug on a mountain Ash, the flowers look identical to Hawthorn, and early cherry blossom.
10. The last shot before getting in the car, everything is now wet as I didn't expect it to rain so am not in waterproofs.
Did you cock your leg when you were sniffing? Seriously though how is Bob going on?
mobertol, davemac and Turtle like this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 17:01   #7624
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Did you cock your leg when you were sniffing? Seriously though how is Bob going on?
I did now you mention it, Bob started hydrotherapy on Tuesday, and his walk period has increased from 5 to 10 minutes, three times a day. He has now to build up the muscle around what was his hip joint so that it becomes stable, it does from time to time go out at an angle that makes me cringe, but he doesn't seem to be aware of any problem.
I got am email from my insurance to say they have paid the bill, so that is one less thing to worry about.
mobertol and Turtle like this.
Old 08-05-2014, 17:04   #7625
Senior Member+

That's the beauty of pet insurance.It's times like this when they come into their own. Where does Bob go for his hydrotherapy?
Old 08-05-2014, 17:28   #7626
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Boston is back in the 'hood I'd almost given up hope.
Good to hear that Boston has returned to the fold. Can he not find a nice lady to take him in.....buy him treats, toys ans a soft warm bed?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 17:35   #7627
Beacon of light

Quote:
Brock Bottom.
Is that an alternative name to Frederick Fungusset?
mobertol and davemac like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 19:16   #7628
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
That's the beauty of pet insurance.It's times like this when they come into their own. Where does Bob go for his hydrotherapy?
Oakmount Vets at Burnley, just across from the cinema. Its a big tank with a treadmill as a floor, they fill it up then sett off the treadmill, he has to do three 5 minutes walks per session. Its estimated he might have to do 6 sessions, but is allocated 10 as a maximum.
Old 08-05-2014, 20:19   #7629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Boston is back in the 'hood I'd almost given up hope.
Glad to see that Boston made it
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 20:21   #7630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Frederick Fungusset
That's good - fungi and fun and moistness all wrapped up into one! Well done Margaret
davemac likes this.
Old 08-05-2014, 20:24   #7631

Quote:
Everything is very green hereabouts - 10 days makes a big difference. Just had a stroll up the lane and shot some of the flowers that are out. The first one must be related to the bean family I think. The rowan are flowering and elder is in full bloom. You can see why the poppy was chosen as a WW1 symbol -fallen petals just like spots of blood in the grass. Some winter wheat has grown up spontaneously in a clump between two maize fields and finally my spruced up garden area. New bright cushions and 2 new miniature roses, yellow and pink, central by the white geranium. My son has done a good job of keeping things watered while I was away. Just about to sit out for my afternoon tea.
Lovely shots, Diane. That looks like a perfect spot for a cuppa - luck you
Old 08-05-2014, 20:33   #7632

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures........today I wet my knickers.

1.Here I am, hands and knees in a graveyard, sniffing flowers.
2. All my brothers and sisters have gone now.
3. Hello daisy.
4. Still sniffing, have to say not much scent with the closed ones, however the open bells have a slight smell, but only slight of Apples, but if I snap a leaf off the sap does have an earthy smell as Mrs P. reported. So if picked I think this is the dominant smell, but if you lie on the floor sniffing them, people stare at you.
5. Mayflower with wickthings.
6. Heading into the Millennium Woods, a view of Pendle.
7. A lush area now, but it has started spitting.
8. That is the area I am going, but it is now raining, and heavily.
9. A bug on a mountain Ash, the flowers look identical to Hawthorn, and early cherry blossom.
10. The last shot before getting in the car, everything is now wet as I didn't expect it to rain so am not in waterproofs.
Oh dear, I really started something didn't I? Thanks for being such a good sport about the bluebell scent thing - it's just one of those incomplete childhood memories! I remember the sight, but not the smell. Thanks to you, Margaret and Diane, I now have an idea of what their scent is.
Lovely shots, by the way. Number 10 is a stunner.
davemac likes this.
Old 08-05-2014, 22:44   #7633

A mixed bag of shots here, mostly from my trip to the Ripley's Aquarium in downtown Toronto. I went there dreading it, having heard horror stories of the crowds. But I was proved wrong, and enjoyed myself immensely! There are also a couple of shots to prove that Spring has arrived, and the work that started today on my patio. Lots of digging, not me doing it happily!
1. Foggy - outside the aquarium.
2. Anemones - flowers with no scent that I could discern.
3. A turtle! And a shark. I was so excited my camera hand was shaking.
4. Sawfish.
5. Beauty and the Beast.
6. Diver and a hungry stingray.
7. Jelly (not colour enhances - the background lights changed colour so we could see them better)
8. Dragon Fish.
9. Spring morning - yes that is a hyacinth in bloom!
10. Patio excavation in preparation for new pavers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg foggy.jpg (275.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Anemones 2.jpg (408.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg turtle.jpg (263.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg sawfish.jpg (302.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Beauty and beast.jpg (323.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg diver.jpg (339.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Jelly.jpg (113.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg dragon fish.jpg (404.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg spring morning.jpg (455.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg shovel.jpg (409.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-05-2014, 07:06   #7634
Senior Member+

Great Photos.
Turtle likes this.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:08   #7635
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
A mixed bag of shots here, mostly from my trip to the Ripley's Aquarium in downtown Toronto. I went there dreading it, having heard horror stories of the crowds. But I was proved wrong, and enjoyed myself immensely! There are also a couple of shots to prove that Spring has arrived, and the work that started today on my patio. Lots of digging, not me doing it happily!
1. Foggy - outside the aquarium.
2. Anemones - flowers with no scent that I could discern.
3. A turtle! And a shark. I was so excited my camera hand was shaking.
4. Sawfish.
5. Beauty and the Beast.
6. Diver and a hungry stingray.
7. Jelly (not colour enhances - the background lights changed colour so we could see them better)
8. Dragon Fish.
9. Spring morning - yes that is a hyacinth in bloom!
10. Patio excavation in preparation for new pavers.
For an Iphone5 those indoor aquarium shots are very good, and the jellyfish has interesting colours.
Turtle likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..