Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree25326Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2012, 21:03   #76
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Today in pictures

The swans and cygnets were nowhere to be seen when I set off just after 11 am.
I walked as far as the Pilkington bridge and then came back because it was looking a bit grey........and it was just spitting with rain as I was coming out of the park.
Sorry our paths didn't cross...one day soon we are going to stumble across each other......taking pics.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-05-2012, 21:07   #77
Resting In Peace
 
susie123's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Sorry our paths didn't cross...one day soon we are going to stumble across each other......taking pics.
I hope not - you might break your camera!
__________________
Let sleeping polar bears lie...
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 21:13   #78
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Today in pictures

Oh my camera bag is well padded....and it might be a way of getting a replacement...funded by my accidental damage insurance (note to the cosmos - I don't mean it....I like my camera)
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 21:41   #79
Senior Member+

 
davemac's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

Today in flowers, the journey continues.

1. Weigelia, flowering a bit to soon.
2. Cow Parsley on the canal bank.
3. Dogwood.
4. Dogrose buds.
5. Ivy seed head.
6. Pine tree spreading pollen.
7. Clover hanging over the canal, see the clouds reflecting in the water.
8. Buttercups just before harvesting for cough medicine.
9. Different type of Cow Parsley, more compact.
10. Aquilegia growing wild on Burnley Road Recreation field.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4513.JPG (477.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4515.JPG (481.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4524.JPG (407.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4526.jpg (105.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4536.JPG (497.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4541.JPG (423.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4543.JPG (435.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4558.JPG (395.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4566.JPG (480.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4578.JPG (402.6 KB, 3 views)
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 21:44   #80
Bearded but Sober member

 
Restless's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

only the one from me today. I am much tooo tired this week from all the long hours at work. I stare enough at a monitor and type my fingers to the bone. Do not have the energy for participation via the keyboard for much hehe

but i did stop to capture the souls of some horses
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0038.jpg (520.6 KB, 10 views)
__________________
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 21:50   #81
Senior Member+

 
davemac's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The swans and cygnets were nowhere to be seen when I set off just after 11 am.
I walked as far as the Pilkington bridge and then came back because it was looking a bit grey........and it was just spitting with rain as I was coming out of the park.
Sorry our paths didn't cross...one day soon we are going to stumble across each other......taking pics.
I am out everyday in various directions, and cant understand why our paths haven't crossed. Don't know the names of road bridges, just the Roads they go under, and today walked as far as Burnley Road bridge Altham, the buttercup fields are just to the left as the bridge approaches.
I have seen the swans with cygnets as far as the Altham Marina, and around Riley's swing bridge the other way
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 21:53   #82
Senior Member+

 
davemac's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
only the one from me today. I am much tooo tired this week from all the long hours at work. I stare enough at a monitor and type my fingers to the bone. Do not have the energy for participation via the keyboard for much hehe

but i did stop to capture the souls of some horses

Did you see its piercing eyes, I thought it looked a bit like Jimmy Saville

And what did you think about the brown one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4300.JPG (411.9 KB, 11 views)
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 21:58   #83
Bearded but Sober member

 
Restless's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

the one with the blue eyes? Yeah they are bright and piercing for sure.

The brown one was attempting to eat over the fence.... seemed to be interested in the gravel.
__________________
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 22:02   #84
Senior Member+

 
davemac's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
the one with the blue eyes? Yeah they are bright and piercing for sure.

The brown one was attempting to eat over the fence.... seemed to be interested in the gravel.
If you look at it straight on it looks like it has got the wrong size of head on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4301.JPG (429.9 KB, 9 views)
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 22:13   #85
Resting In Peace
 
susie123's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Did you see its piercing eyes, I thought it looked a bit like Jimmy Saville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
the one with the blue eyes? Yeah they are bright and piercing for sure.
That's the one that was laughing at you the other day, Dave. What strange eyes - no wonder it had them covered up earlier.
__________________
Let sleeping polar bears lie...
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 22:22   #86
Senior Member+

 
davemac's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
That's the one that was laughing at you the other day, Dave. What strange eyes - no wonder it had them covered up earlier.
If you look at the "jimmy saville" picture again, you will notice why it is a bit frisky looking.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 11:39   #87
God Member
 
mobertol's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

Still enjoying looking at all your shots Dave and now Margaret too.

Fell off my bike the other day so didn't take any (was shaken by the earthquke and unbalanced!) -have been left with a stiff knee and haven't been out on it since. Will add a couple later of the Mayday procession which came to our farm yesterday evening.
__________________


“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 11:48   #88
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Today in pictures

I won't be out today with the camera......it is p1ssitively possing it down.
My camera doesn't like the rain....and I don't like taking it out in the rain.

Sorry to hear about your fall Dianne...hope the stiffness eases soon.
look forward to the pics though.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 12:38   #89
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Still enjoying looking at all your shots Dave and now Margaret too.

Fell off my bike the other day so didn't take any (was shaken by the earthquke and unbalanced!) -have been left with a stiff knee and haven't been out on it since. Will add a couple later of the Mayday procession which came to our farm yesterday evening.
See theres advantages to being bone idle......I,m o.k.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 18:58   #90
Senior Member+

 
davemac's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Still enjoying looking at all your shots Dave and now Margaret too.

Fell off my bike the other day so didn't take any (was shaken by the earthquke and unbalanced!) -have been left with a stiff knee and haven't been out on it since. Will add a couple later of the Mayday procession which came to our farm yesterday evening.
Sorry for the accident, we will of course require shots of the bike and stiff knee to validate this........seriously though, we will be here when you are better.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Accrington 1897 | - »
Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:47.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.46394 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1