Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2014, 21:09   #9301
Beacon of light

Re: Today in pictures

Manipulated pictures only look false if you do certain things wrong.....I see some manipulation as......not necessarily improving a picture....but making it something different....something which expresses my feelings about the scene.
Pictures are very personal. We could both go out and take the same thing, but it would mean something different to both of us, it is because we each have our own ideas about what the picture portrays.

I see pictures I have taken in the past and straight away I am back in that day.....having a rerun of what happened,the things I felt...the words I said.
Photography is personal.

I like your picture with the infra red....but I think the applications will be limited.....or is that just my lack of imagination?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-08-2014, 21:16   #9302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
One more attempt at this new fangled infra red photgraphy, a quick shot on my way back from Read. I was going to experiment a bit but sods law dictates that when you only have one battery with you it goes flat. Next step is to study the book on infra red photography and photo manipulation I bought.
As you know I am not a fan of using software to enhance photos, they always look a little false and not true to the scene but I will have a go with the infra red jobby.
No doubt I will have wasted my money having the camera converted but it is all in the aim for further knowledge of photography.
It makes for an interesting shot, Gremlin.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 21:26   #9303
Senior Member+

I had a friend and his wife round this afternoon Margaret and we were looking at some photo from years ago upto recent ones.
I agree with you regarding recalling the events or places where the photos were taken and the memories that come flooding back.
So much so that I closed the box before the tears flowed.
Old 31-08-2014, 21:50   #9304
Beacon of light

Sometime Russell......you need to travel back to past times. Life can only be lived forwards, but it can only be understood by going back....however painful that might be.
And tears can clean the wounds that time inflicts on us.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:16   #9305
Senior Member+

Maybe infra red photography is not for everybody but it is interesting to experiment with different camera settings and see the results.
I am the sort of chap who is always wanting to know and learn.
I recently bought a small model airplane engine so I could take it apart to see how it worked, them I re assembled it and put it back in the box. I'm also re reading my GCSE complete mathematics course.
I will post the odd I.R photo when I have "messed about" more because I know they have a limited audience.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:30   #9306
Senior Member+

It would be great in the countryside at night Russell to see what is about when we are in bed.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:22   #9307
Beacon of light

Quote:
Maybe infra red photography is not for everybody but it is interesting to experiment with different camera settings and see the results.
I am the sort of chap who is always wanting to know and learn.
I recently bought a small model airplane engine so I could take it apart to see how it worked, them I re assembled it and put it back in the box. I'm also re reading my GCSE complete mathematics course.
I will post the odd I.R photo when I have "messed about" more because I know they have a limited audience.

Russell it is good that you have an enquiring mind...and that you like to experiment...and you will always have an audience for your pics on here.
Learning is good...but I would have to draw the line at Maths.......it was never one of my strong subjects...in fact I was rubbish at it
Old 01-09-2014, 16:22   #9308
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I thought it was a snowy shot.
Wait a couple of months hon ... and that's all you will getting from me
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 15:52   #9309
Senior Member+

Not much to report today, apart from this little chap who was on my car windscreen. I removed him before I set off and set him down on the grass.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1060120.jpg (211.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-09-2014, 16:20   #9310

Gonna need some instruction on posting pictures. Where do I look and learn please'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rice 2 (2).jpg (542.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Chillies.jpg (533.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Flower 1.JPG (343.6 KB, 16 views)
putsinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 16:25   #9311
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by putsinker View Post
Gonna need some instruction on posting pictures. Where do I look and learn please'
You seem to have done alright with these shots p, you could try:-
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ite-24482.html

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 16:31   #9312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
You seem to have done alright with these shots p, you could try:-
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ite-24482.html
Thanks, I'll have a study at that.
putsinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 16:32   #9313
Senior Member+

Quote:
Not much to report today, apart from this little chap who was on my car windscreen. I removed him before I set off and set him down on the grass.
I've found a few little chaps myself over the past couple of days

DSCF3691.jpgDSCF3695.JPGDSCF3702.JPGDSCF3706.JPGDSCF3713.jpg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 16:54   #9314
Beacon of light

some critters I like...others I can give the swerve...slugs come into the 'swerve' category......Jason I am going to give you a 'like'....but it is for the execution of the photography, rather than the subject matter(although...strangely I don't mind snails)
Old 02-09-2014, 17:20   #9315
Senior Member+

I'm struggling posting pics on here this week as my internet where I am staying is in and out all the time .I will get back to normal next week
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..