Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree25932Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2019, 10:07   #13981
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
Exotic Pigeons

1. Nicobar Pigeon
2. Victoria Crowned Pigeon
Love No.2’s socks!
Ryewolf90 likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2019, 12:32   #13982
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Today in pictures

I like the birds fascinator...didn't get that from BHF
__________________
Be careful when you follow the masses...sometimes the 'M' is silent.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:11   #13983
Full Member+
 
Ryewolf90's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

A couple from today: Common Lizard

This is the 3rd year in a row that I've seen Common Lizards on these drystone walls behind Pendle Hill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lizard-5607.jpg (564.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg lizard-5614.jpg (406.0 KB, 8 views)
__________________
An Oxymoron is but an Onomatopoeia isn’t. I shall leave you to ponder that one.
Ryewolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 22:33   #13984
Full Member+
 
Ryewolf90's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

Celestial Skies, a Topaz Studio twiddle of a shot taken today: The blurb for the preset says: "makes skies soft and vibrant".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg celestial-skies-3706.jpg (199.8 KB, 8 views)
__________________
An Oxymoron is but an Onomatopoeia isn’t. I shall leave you to ponder that one.
Ryewolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 00:57   #13985
Full Member+
 
Ryewolf90's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

What do Earwigs do in your ear?

Despite popular belief, and its name (from the Old English for 'ear beetle'), the Common Earwig will not crawl into your ear while you sleep.... Both my Grandfather and father told me that they would crawl into your ear and bury into your brain..!! Mind you they were both practical jokers...!!!

Earwigs did like to hide in cauliflower and would come running out when my Grandmother would break them apart to clean prior to cooking, I still don't like cauliflower to this day, the earwigs I'm not bothered about...

Looks like there's several of them here on this thistle....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg earwigs-5603.jpg (203.0 KB, 10 views)
__________________
An Oxymoron is but an Onomatopoeia isn’t. I shall leave you to ponder that one.
Ryewolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 09:26   #13986
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
Celestial Skies, a Topaz Studio twiddle of a shot taken today: The blurb for the preset says: "makes skies soft and vibrant".

A lovely pic....can we see the original so that we can compare?
This would make a lovely background for a card.
__________________
Be careful when you follow the masses...sometimes the 'M' is silent.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 09:29   #13987
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
What do Earwigs do in your ear?

Despite popular belief, and its name (from the Old English for 'ear beetle'), the Common Earwig will not crawl into your ear while you sleep.... Both my Grandfather and father told me that they would crawl into your ear and bury into your brain..!! Mind you they were both practical jokers...!!!

Earwigs did like to hide in cauliflower and would come running out when my Grandmother would break them apart to clean prior to cooking, I still don't like cauliflower to this day, the earwigs I'm not bothered about...

Looks like there's several of them here on this thistle....

While I have heard of earwigs...and yes those myths were told to me a s a child...I have never actually seen one.
So this is a first for me....and NO...I don't like ths subject, but your picture has educated me...what a fearsome looking beetle.
__________________
Be careful when you follow the masses...sometimes the 'M' is silent.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 12:12   #13988
Senior Member+

 
Gremlin's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
What do Earwigs do in your ear?

Despite popular belief, and its name (from the Old English for 'ear beetle'), the Common Earwig will not crawl into your ear while you sleep.... Both my Grandfather and father told me that they would crawl into your ear and bury into your brain..!! Mind you they were both practical jokers...!!!

Earwigs did like to hide in cauliflower and would come running out when my Grandmother would break them apart to clean prior to cooking, I still don't like cauliflower to this day, the earwigs I'm not bothered about...

Looks like there's several of them here on this thistle....
AS I have previously said, I didn't take any photographs at the Zoo because of the rain. My camera and lenses are too expensive to expose to the rain.
The intention was to get a few shots similar to your Mr Ryewolf for my partner to paint, as Margaret can vouch she is a very talented artist.
She wonders if you would mind if I print one of your zoo photo for her to put on canvas. We wouldn't proceed without your permission. This is a sample of her work.
Thank's in advance,, Russell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg animals (10) - Copy.JPG (660.2 KB, 10 views)
DaveinGermany likes this.
__________________
Gremlin R.T.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 12:22   #13989
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Today in pictures

Yes....Russell, your lady is very talented and her pictures are a pleasure to view...the lion is no exceptiion....beautiful.
I wish I could paint like that!

I have to be satisfied with varnishing floors (and I didn't know I could do that)
__________________
Be careful when you follow the masses...sometimes the 'M' is silent.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 18:50   #13990
Full Member+
 
Ryewolf90's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
While I have heard of earwigs...and yes those myths were told to me a s a child...I have never actually seen one.
So this is a first for me....and NO...I don't like ths subject, but your picture has educated me...what a fearsome looking beetle.

The one with the curved pincers is the male, this one I photographed earlier this year is the female.


I've only managed to photograph them on 3 occasions, they are nocturnal and hide themselves away during the day time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg earwig-5010.jpg (536.2 KB, 7 views)
__________________
An Oxymoron is but an Onomatopoeia isn’t. I shall leave you to ponder that one.
Ryewolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 18:58   #13991
Full Member+
 
Ryewolf90's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
AS I have previously said, I didn't take any photographs at the Zoo because of the rain. My camera and lenses are too expensive to expose to the rain.
The intention was to get a few shots similar to your Mr Ryewolf for my partner to paint, as Margaret can vouch she is a very talented artist.
She wonders if you would mind if I print one of your zoo photo for her to put on canvas. We wouldn't proceed without your permission. This is a sample of her work.
Thank's in advance,, Russell.

Yes, my camera and lenses are expensive too, I invested on one of these Stormjackets, they come in various sizes and I've used them when it's been absolutely pelting down.


Yes, that's fine Russell, be interested to see the results when finished
__________________
An Oxymoron is but an Onomatopoeia isn’t. I shall leave you to ponder that one.
Ryewolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 20:04   #13992
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
The one with the curved pincers is the male, this one I photographed earlier this year is the female.


I've only managed to photograph them on 3 occasions, they are nocturnal and hide themselves away during the day time.
I am glad they are nocturnal Ryewolf..they are gruesome.
Ryewolf90 likes this.
__________________
Be careful when you follow the masses...sometimes the 'M' is silent.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 21:27   #13993
Full Member+
 
Ryewolf90's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

These guys are the ones to fear - if they were the size of lions.....

The “trash bug” may look like a tiny, harmless ball of meandering fuzz, but upon closer inspection, you will discover that these little guys are really predatory masters of disguise with big scary pincers (maxillae) and a very creepy secret. The “trash” part of this curious insect is not part of it’s body at all, rather it’s a shield composed of dirt, lichen, and various other debris; including the body parts of it’s many previous victims.

Lacewing larvae (Chrysoperla carnea) are prolific eaters of aphids and are often referred to as “Aphid Lions” or “Aphid Wolves”.

The last image is what they grow into, a rather delicate looking fly....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lacewing-larvae-5588.jpg (414.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg lacewing-larvae-6812.jpg (252.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg lacewing-fly-3486.jpg (295.8 KB, 9 views)
__________________
An Oxymoron is but an Onomatopoeia isn’t. I shall leave you to ponder that one.
Ryewolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 21:33   #13994
Full Member+
 
Ryewolf90's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

A cute little owl....

The northern white-faced owl (Ptilopsis leucotis), it along with the Southern white-faced owl were known as white-faced scops-owl.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg northern-white-faced-owl-3839.jpg (342.6 KB, 8 views)
__________________
An Oxymoron is but an Onomatopoeia isn’t. I shall leave you to ponder that one.
Ryewolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 22:16   #13995
Full Member+
 
Ryewolf90's Avatar
 

Re: Today in pictures

Bengal Eagle Owl

I guess I'm quite lucky that a friend of mine has a owl and bird of prey sanctuary...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bengal-eagle-owl-3877.jpg (434.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg bengal-eagle-owl-4040.jpg (408.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg bengal-eagle-owl-4060.jpg (467.9 KB, 9 views)
__________________
An Oxymoron is but an Onomatopoeia isn’t. I shall leave you to ponder that one.
Ryewolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:15.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.53725 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1