Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hints/Tips/Advice (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/)
-   -   New bus timetable from Accrington to Manchester (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f74/new-bus-timetable-from-accrington-to-manchester-59765.html)

Atarah 05-11-2011 19:09

New bus timetable from Accrington to Manchester

40 and X41 buses to Manchester - these times quoted are Saturdays!

Learn by my mistakes! I found out today that the above LANCASHIRE WAY service has now changed its timings - as from Sunday 30th Oct 2011

On average the Saturday bus from Accy was (after the early morning buses) generally 9.30 then half hourly. Think roughly 10 mins earlier. They are e.g. 09.53, 10.23, 10.53, 11.23, 11.53 etc and coming back from Chorlton Street, they used to be 15 mins past and 45mins past the hour - now 10 past and 40 past the hour.

To be on the safe side there is a new timetable available which can be seen on the Lancashire Way website
www.thelancashireway.com

Margaret Pilkington 05-11-2011 20:37

Re: New bus timetable from Accrington to Manchester

I noticed this morning that the Manchester bus came in early and left well before 9am(it used to leave for 9.06).........didn't realise they had changed the times.
Thanks for the info Atarah.

lancsdave 05-11-2011 21:18

They should axe the Manchester bus, takes too many people out of town and to make it worse I have to watch them all go from the shop :)

Reamer 05-11-2011 23:43

Thanks for the 'heads up' , Atarah. I'm taking this bus tomorrow and have checked the new times from your link

Tealeaf 06-11-2011 04:32

It's not only the timetable that seems to be changing. I noticed the other week an X43in Manchester with new livery and looking through the windows, a new seating layout with leather seats. Reading the blurb on the side of the bus, it said the back was now a 'conference room' (I kid you not) and that all the X40/41/43 buses were to be changed to the same affect.

I thought it looked alot nicer than Branson's train I'd just got off.

Margaret Pilkington 06-11-2011 09:33

The Pendle Witch bus(to Burnley and Nelson) always had leather seats....and their service is better too......every 20 minutes.

Tealeaf 06-11-2011 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 945450)
The Pendle Witch bus(to Burnley and Nelson) always had leather seats....and their service is better too......every 20 minutes.

Yep...they have a better service because Burnley does not have a direct rail route to Manchester, as against the X41's most of which start off from Blackburn (which does). The bus that I saw appeared to be a new one with a completely different seat lay out and a new livery.

Margaret Pilkington 06-11-2011 10:34

I will be watching out for that one then......the bus yesterday was old and pretty clapped out.
I didn't realise that Burnley didn't have a direct rail route to Manchester.
I don't use the railways very much.

Tealeaf 06-11-2011 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 945465)
I will be watching out for that one then......the bus yesterday was old and pretty clapped out.
I didn't realise that Burnley didn't have a direct rail route to Manchester.
I don't use the railways very much.

That might have been the same bus that I was due to take 10 days ago from Manchester, which limped in 29 minutes late and was then taken out of service. The next one was immediately behind. That's not the first time this has happened. However, in the waiting period I did have time to look at the Burnley buses which had pulled in and also at the new timetable which had been pasted up in advance and which had still not been put up at the Church bus stop when I returned last Monday.

garinda 17-05-2012 10:18

Does the X41 still drop people off from Manchester on Peel Street, opposite Lancsdave's shop?

My Italian friends are arriving tomorrow, and are fretting I won't be waiting in the right place.

:eek::D:eek:

Atarah 17-05-2012 11:18

Hi Garainda, think you will find across from Lancsdaves shop is WHERE YOU GET ON THE BUS TO GO TO MANCHESTER. Folk arriving in Accrington will be put down on the opposite side, just lower down than the shop in question i.e. by the corner of the walkway through to Broadway - known as stand C (the bus should then carry on to Blackburn)

lancsdave 17-05-2012 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atarah (Post 992411)
Hi Garainda, think you will find across from Lancsdaves shop is WHERE YOU GET ON THE BUS TO GO TO MANCHESTER. Folk arriving in Accrington will be put down on the opposite side, just lower down than the shop in question i.e. by the corner of the walkway through to Broadway - known as stand C (the bus should then carry on to Blackburn)

Correct, we just see the full ones going out of town :D

garinda 17-05-2012 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 992414)
Correct, we just see the full ones going out of town :D

Well I'm bussin' 'em in for you.

Not out.

Do you take virtually worthless euros?

:D

Thanks for the info.

You'll see me stood in the right place now.

:)

DaveinGermany 17-05-2012 12:43

Quote:

Folk arriving in Accrington will be put down on the opposite side, just lower down than the shop in question

:eek: No wonder you don't get to many visitors if you're doing them in when they arrive !

garinda 17-05-2012 13:20

Quote:

See?

I missed this, and would have been stood waiting at the wrong stop.

With Lancsdave laughing at me, and waving from across the street.

Thanks Ararah.

:D:):D