Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2005, 16:37   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

A damned fine substitute for an oven glove!

So there I was, no take away for tonight's meal I'll cook (yeah right I used the micro-wave), I made myself some scrambled eggs, that for me IS cooking!

Just to be different I added a tin of Macaroni cheese, (what the hell if you've run out of milk it's a good substitute).

Cooking away, everything smelling good did some toast, Oh well if I've got to butter it may as well put some peanut-butter on!

The dish at last is ready, ow! That dish is burning my hand I think I'll get my oven glove, Oh dear after the last time I nearly set it on fire I put it in the washing machine and it's still wet.
Having delicate skin and knowing how long burns take to heal, I did the only thing left to me, I opened a sliced loaf and used the crust, no burnt hand and because I never eat crusts I can throw it away!

O.K. I admit it I'm not as inept at cooking as I pretend, but, WHEN is one of you out there going to have sympathy and decide I could do with meals on wheels, and save me from all this effort?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2005, 17:37   #2
God Member

Re: A damned fine substitute for an oven glove!

You're right, we should definitely take better care of our old folk at this time of year!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 19:33   #3
God Member

Re: A damned fine substitute for an oven glove!

Less from what I hear meals on wheels is lame as food goes. Will send the electric buggy and a voucher for the nearest brewsters restaurant.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..