Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Busman747

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2014, 19:28   #1
Always EVIL within us

Talking AA Membership

- - - I have done it for several years but it didn't occur to me until today that I should share my experience with you all. I am truly sorry for that but think that I can save all you AA members (NO, Not alcoholics Anon) a fist-full of money this year!
Tried it last year and got my basic cover down to £32-00
This year, they sent a quote for £55-00 for the same cover (and that was with a 15% discount lol)
When I phoned them up, the conversation went approximatly like this:

AA: Good afternoon, AA, how can we help you?
ME: I would like to cancel my membership please.
AA: OK sir, may I ask why you wish to leave us?
ME: Because my insurance includes breakdown cover - -
AA: Please hold, I will put you thru to the cancellation dep'tment

AA: My name is Fred, I believe you wish to cancel?
ME: Yes, I am now covered by my insurance company, I don't trust them completely but £55-00 is far too much to pay, I only paid £32-00 last year but you have quoted me £55-00 and that includes quote: 15% DISCOUNT!
AA: I will just have a look at your account, Ah yes, you had a heavy discount last year!
ME: Yes, but £55-00 is far too high considering that I am covered by my insurance company!
AA: Let me see - - We can offer you the same basic cover for £35-00. How is that sir?
ME: That's fine, I will accept.

Been doing it every year and each time I have had huge reductions in my membership, give it a try!!!

(Can't remember the guys name - but it wasn't Fred)
maxthecollie and Sunflower49 like this.
Old 17-01-2014, 19:42   #2
Senior Member+

Re: AA Membership

If they have a special offer on for new members tell them to cancel and you'll rejoin as a new member. That works. My argument was 'Why should a loyal member who has never used you pay more than a newby?'

Alternately see what the RAC are charging or any new member offers they have on- threaten to cancel and go RAC.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 10:39   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

We changed to R.A.C. about 8/9 years ago, cos we regarded A.A. as pretty poor, have been perfectly happy wi R.A.C.
Old 23-01-2014, 21:51   #4
Full Member+

Done that every year and the reductions are worthwhile.

I have pretty much everything and the official price is quoted on the letter they send when renewal is due. I allow a maximum of 10% increase on the previous years price. They try to wriggle out but stick to your guns and a senior advisor eventually agrees to the low price.

I can never understand these big companies who spend millions of spondoolies attracting new members but treat existing members with such contempt. I can only assume that this is because most of the renewing members simply pay up without trying to get a discount.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 23:20   #5
God Member

Oh ... so it's nothing to do with Alcoholics Annonymous
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..