Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2012, 20:29   #1

Accrington Air Cadets

Hi

We are 1035 (Accrington & District) Air Cadets.

Several cadets from the squadron recently attended RAF Shawbury in Shropshire, where they spent the day shooting live ammunition on both the No.8 Rifle and the L98A2 rifle, the latter of which is the Cadet version of the military's SA80 (as used in the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan).

The cadets spent the whole day on the range at RAF Shawbury, in sub-sero temperatures and with snow falling at one point, but one and all had a fantastic time.

In terms of future activities, cadets will be attending RAF Woodvale (Liverpool) for flying in March, and RAF Topcliffe (Yorkshire) for gliding in April. The venue for summer camp, a week on an active RAF base, has yet to be announced but it is an event everyone looks forward to.

In addition, several cadets are just completing their bronze Duke of Edinburgh award, whilst 5 more are in the middle of a BTEC Level 2 in Public Services.

We would welcome any new cadets, male or female, aged 13+, and we parade Tuesdays and Thursdays 19:00 - 21:30 so anyone interested could just pop down.
search our Facebook page!

Last edited by Mick; 22-02-2012 at 06:04.
AccringtonAirCadets is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2012, 11:45   #2
JFT96

Re: Accrington Air Cadets

I would live to come flying with you, but seeing I am in my 40's I am a bit too old.
Sounds like great fun though. The joy of flight is undescribable, being in control of a flying machine is one of those red letter days.
I still get a buzz every time I rotate my 737

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 12:24   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Accrington Air Cadets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
I would live to come flying with you, but seeing I am in my 40's I am a bit too old.
Sounds like great fun though. The joy of flight is undescribable, being in control of a flying machine is one of those red letter days.
I still get a buzz every time I rotate my 737
Your not too old to share your enthusiasm though,
I was in the Sea Cadets back in my yoof, my son later on, also had a few interesting and enjoyable years, sharing adventures and learning from very generous people that were prepared to offer their time and experience.

As for the buzz in your 747, have you considered reporting it to an engineer? It may only be a loose wire, but it could be more serious than that, you just don't know!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..