Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2010, 19:24   #1

Advice please

This might sound a little crazy and believe me it is.I started talking to a girl on the internet over a year ago, when we first started talking all i wanted was to be friends but after a couple of weeks she wanted more.She told me she had a son who was 2 and that she had come out of a long term relationship with her ex.

After about a month of talking we arranged to meet up and she was going to come and see me and stop at my house for a weekend, but then she said her son was ill and had to go into hospital, i felt upset and said dont worry its ok theres no rush yr sons more important and we can meet up soon.

Anyway this happened five times when she was going to come up that the baby was poorly and she couldnt make it.She would send me texts like I love you so much and my little boy is missing his step daddy, and how much she and her son missed me.

To try and cut a long story short, she eventually told me that she doesnt have a son and that it is her nephew, thing is Ive kept the texts on my phone even tho we still havent met but what hurts me is that she has been saying all this to me when its her brothers child and i have found out her address through a lot of hard work searching.

I just really dont know what to do.If you had a brother or sister that did that to you what would you do and what do you think i should do.Ive found out for definite that it is her brothers child.Its just doing my head in.
Accrington Web
Old 27-08-2010, 19:29   #2
God Member

Re: Advice please

You have been duped - give her the elbow.
Indulging in romantic fantasy isn't healthy.

Just realise that she may be Britain's answer to Quasimodo for all you know

(sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind)

Old 27-08-2010, 19:32   #3
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob249 View Post
This might sound a little crazy and believe me it is.I started talking to a girl on the internet over a year ago, when we first started talking all i wanted was to be friends but after a couple of weeks she wanted more.She told me she had a son who was 2 and that she had come out of a long term relationship with her ex.

After about a month of talking we arranged to meet up and she was going to come and see me and stop at my house for a weekend, but then she said her son was ill and had to go into hospital, i felt upset and said dont worry its ok theres no rush yr sons more important and we can meet up soon.

Anyway this happened five times when she was going to come up that the baby was poorly and she couldnt make it.She would send me texts like I love you so much and my little boy is missing his step daddy, and how much she and her son missed me.

To try and cut a long story short, she eventually told me that she doesnt have a son and that it is her nephew, thing is Ive kept the texts on my phone even tho we still havent met but what hurts me is that she has been saying all this to me when its her brothers child and i have found out her address through a lot of hard work searching.

I just really dont know what to do.If you had a brother or sister that did that to you what would you do and what do you think i should do.Ive found out for definite that it is her brothers child.Its just doing my head in.
Easy.

She's a liar, and a fantasist.

You'll never be able to trust a word she says.

Run in the opposite direction, as fast as you can, and cut all ties with her.

There are plenty of lovely lasses.

You'll find one when you least expect it.

Old 27-08-2010, 19:33   #4
I am Banned

Quote:

If all that is true then ditch her and quick, or the rest of your life will be ruined, if she can lie like that for no apparent reason, what sort of person is she.

Retlaw.
Old 27-08-2010, 19:42   #5
God Member

If 'she' asks for money for any reason - she may even be a Nigerian 'he'

Old 27-08-2010, 19:49   #6

I know but what i want to do is go down and show her mum and her brother the texts that she has been sending, I dont know what reaction that will get, i find it hard to trust people now tho.
Old 27-08-2010, 19:50   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Easy.

She's a liar, and a fantasist.

You'll never be able to trust a word she says.

Run in the opposite direction, as fast as you can, and cut all ties with her.

There are plenty of lovely lasses.

You'll find one when you least expect it.
Yep i think that sums up what most will think...and i think you will know this yourself too, you would not be able to trust her...and without trust...you have nothing!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 27-08-2010, 19:51   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
I know but what i want to do is go down and show her mum and her brother the texts that she has been sending, I dont know what reaction that will get, i find it hard to trust people now tho.
Nah...dont get involved mate...cut the communications now, and move on!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 27-08-2010, 19:53   #9
God Member

Quote:
You might be walking into a dangerous situation - her 'family' may be a bad lot and resent your intrusion.

Old 27-08-2010, 19:53   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Leave it.

Cut all ties.

Change your number.

Why she did what she did, you don't need to know.

I'd just be happy that such an odd person had never actually been to my home.

Old 27-08-2010, 19:55   #11
Beacon of light

Don't do it, it won't achieve anything.
Kick her to the kerb and get on with your life.
Don't rely on the internet to find friends of either sex...go out and meet people in real life.....it is easier to judge people you can see and talk to......and meet their friends.
Old 27-08-2010, 19:55   #12

I know but she has hurt me with all she has said i just want to show her brother the texts she has sent me about his son he will go mad, i think anyone would.
Old 27-08-2010, 19:58   #13
God Member

I googled 'nigerian dating scam' and got 45,000 results
Nigerian dating scam database with photos of scammers

..you could be being groomed

Old 27-08-2010, 20:01   #14
God Member

her brother might be the type of person to knock you out, don't bother, you could end up in serious danger, didn't you think something was very odd when she said the child was 'missing' its step daddy, when you'd never even met? are you really so nieve?
Old 27-08-2010, 20:01   #15

itl put my mind at rest if i see her and on a scale of 1 to 10 what damage would showing her brother and mum the texts, il feel happier doing it
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..