Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 09:11   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Bloody cats

what about those shiny cat shaped things you can get from the poundshop? supposed to scare them away

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2009, 09:12   #32
God Member

my sis suggested old cd's, i'm gonna stick some on my tubs sometime today
Old 06-04-2009, 10:25   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
my sis suggested old cd's, i'm gonna stick some on my tubs sometime today
if you sharpen the edges of the cd's and throw them at the cats it should work

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:12   #34
God Member

our kerry will kill you for saying that lol, just you wait till she see's you again
Old 06-04-2009, 13:29   #35
God Member

so she wont want these cat skin seat covers i made for her car then i assume ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 06-04-2009, 15:55   #36
God Member

lol
Old 06-04-2009, 18:07   #37

Flashy, any offering cats on Freecycle is gonna get you in big trouble

IMO the best defence is offence, get your own cat.
It wont poo in it's garden but will go elsewhere & fight to keep other cats away from your garden
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 18:30   #38
God Member

no chance of me ever getting a cat, i dont like them
Old 06-04-2009, 18:43   #39
Full Member+

We own two 10-year old neutered cats which are great. Problem we have is with an un-neutered black and white Tom which visits and sprays all over the place which stinks something awful. Damned creature has even forced it's way through our lockable (ha-ha) catflap and sprayed in the kitchen. We've tried every conceivable deterent to no avail. The devious so-and-so seems to delight in tormenting us and knows that if we ever catch it, it's going to end up in the water butt.

Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 19:18   #40
God Member

The shiny side of cd's work, cats dont like there own reflection, especially when positioned so that the cat only gets a glimpse of itself sideways on! It also works with squirrels, who also like to dig up soft soil/peat.
Old 06-04-2009, 19:41   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
We own two 10-year old neutered cats which are great. Problem we have is with an un-neutered black and white Tom which visits and sprays all over the place which stinks something awful. Damned creature has even forced it's way through our lockable (ha-ha) catflap and sprayed in the kitchen. We've tried every conceivable deterent to no avail. The devious so-and-so seems to delight in tormenting us and knows that if we ever catch it, it's going to end up in the water butt.
just out of sheer curiosity why do you tolerate somone elses pet peeing all over your house ?

Old 07-04-2009, 17:53   #42
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
just out of sheer curiosity why do you tolerate somone elses pet peeing all over your house ?
We don't. Problem is we don't know who owns the pesky critter and are doing everything in our power to trap and catch it. Short of shooting the bloody thing, we are at our wits end as to what we can do.
Old 07-04-2009, 18:15   #43
God Member

you have answered the problem youself

kill it

i would have long ago

its peeing allover your house and god knows what its passing on to your own cats

you can justifiably wring the buggers neck

Old 07-04-2009, 21:47   #44
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
you have answered the problem youself

kill it

i would have long ago

its peeing allover your house and god knows what its passing on to your own cats

you can justifiably wring the buggers neck
Fortunately the spraying episodes have been limited to the rear yard and garage. The thing has only managed to insuate it's way indoors on the one occasion. Make no mistake though: I am determined to catch it and eliminate it's presence once and for all! Watch this space .........
Old 07-04-2009, 21:55   #45
God Member

post pics of capture and elimination please

good luck

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..