Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2009, 07:37   #76
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Boob Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Neil, that may be so, but why take the risks?
All operations have an inherent risk to them.....if you have to have something done because your well being depends on it then fair enough, but to take the risk because of vanity or 'fashion'....in my book it isn't worth it.
Some of these operations are done to try and resolve depression type issues, would you agree with that as being required?
Old 11-07-2009, 09:00   #77
Resting in Peace

It doesn't matter what the surgery is for, there is a risk, so why put your life at risk with an unnecessary operation
Old 11-07-2009, 09:21   #78
God Member

More should be done to look at the underlying issues that make people want cosmetic surgery. I most certainly wouldn't contemplate having surgey unless it was absolutely necessary.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:29   #79
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
More should be done to look at the underlying issues that make people want cosmetic surgery. I most certainly wouldn't contemplate having surgey unless it was absolutely necessary.
Totally agree Bernie, its bad enough having surgery when its for health reasons
Old 11-07-2009, 10:04   #80
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Some of these operations are done to try and resolve depression type issues, would you agree with that as being required?
I agree Neil ... not always particularly what you call depression with some ladies, just that they have always been unhappy (yes, obsessed) with the size of their boobs and affects their self-confidence ... particularly when they are young.

I have personally experienced fantastic changes in friends after having this operation and well worth the risk for the difference it made to their lives. They walk tall now instead of stooping.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:23   #81
God Member

my reason for this isnt because i'm depressed, i love my boobies and just want them to stay like this forever, they are and always have been my best asset and i want to keep it that way
Old 11-07-2009, 13:26   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
my reason for this isnt because i'm depressed, i love my boobies and just want them to stay like this forever, they are and always have been my best asset and i want to keep it that way
Well I've only your word for that flashy
Old 11-07-2009, 14:05   #83
God Member

there's one or two on here who know what i'm on about Jay
Old 11-07-2009, 14:09   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
there's one or two on here who know what i'm on about Jay
Ya but I don't
Old 11-07-2009, 14:22   #85

Is Jaysay gonna be asking for pictures next?
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 14:33   #86
Beacon of light

No Neil, I do not agree with doing any surgery for depression.......It would need a different approach.
The other thing is that some women will say anything to get whatever they think wil limprove them.....but they usually are not satisfied with one procedure....the underlying issues need to be tackled and it has to be confirmed that there is a true psychiatric illness...even then I am not entirely sure that surgery is the answer.

People with the money to pay for surgical procedures will get it done because they can pay(Denise Hendry fell into this category)......on the NHS, I think the selection procedures for cosmetic surgery are more rigorous.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 15:46   #87
God Member

I know a woman who had what can only be described as very radical surgery on the NHS after having two c-sections and not liking the tummy she was left with. When I say radical she was cut more or less all the way round the middle to be treated. Luckily she came through it fine but what if she hadn't? There could quite easily have been three very young children left without a mummy. I agree with Marg on this one.
Old 11-07-2009, 16:25   #88
God Member

thousands of people have cosmetic surgery each year with no problems at all, its only when some partialy famous person or some Z list celibrity has a problem it gets blown all out of proportion

theres risk in all surgery but there are differnt levels of risk for different surgeries so if bigger boobs or a smaller nose is that important to you then knock your socks off because in the scale of things its not as risky as a lung transplant or somthing

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 16:37   #89
God Member

No it isn't as risky as a lung transplant or many major ops but by the same token a boob or nose job is not going to save your life. I would say the number of people having lung transplant or any major surgery do so in the hope that it will save their life and there is a world of difference IMHO
Old 11-07-2009, 17:00   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
Is Jaysay gonna be asking for pictures next?

i have a pic of them if anyone wants to see them its a very tasteful pic in a bra LOL

its ok i wont be posting any pics of my boobies on here

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..