Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2009, 17:03   #91
God Member

Re: Boob Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
No it isn't as risky as a lung transplant or many major ops but by the same token a boob or nose job is not going to save your life. I would say the number of people having lung transplant or any major surgery do so in the hope that it will save their life and there is a world of difference IMHO
i suppose it depends on if somone is so fed up with tehir body they are preppared to jump off a cliff or not to as wether or not plastic surgery saves lives or not

what is trivial to you may not be so trivial to someone else

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-07-2009, 17:16   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i suppose it depends on if somone is so fed up with tehir body they are preppared to jump off a cliff or not to as wether or not plastic surgery saves lives or not

what is trivial to you may not be so trivial to someone else
Yes I can see that but think it should be looked at more deeply. Sort of work from the inside as to why they are so unhappy with theirself. Medias perception of what we must look like has a lot to answer for, I'm sure if people worked on their self esteem quite a lot of cosmetic surgery could be avoided.
Old 11-07-2009, 17:23   #93
Beacon of light

If someone is fed up enough to jump off a cliff....then once they have jumped off that cliff, they will get all the surgery they need to put their life back together and it should(if they survive) lend some perspective to their perceived inadequacies.

The folk who want to embark upon plastic surgery should have to work for a month or so in a unit that treats young cancer sufferers/servicemen who have lost limbs.....those whose disease has disfigured them.......and then maybe they would realise that having surgery is not really the answer to their problems......and that what they see as problems are not problems at all.

Every single one of us(except perhap Benipete) has something about their physical shape that they do not like very much......but we have to learn to live with the realities of life.

And Flashy, surgery would not guarantee that your boobs would stay perky forever.
You should be judged on something more than the sum of your bodily attributes.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 17:24   #94
God Member

i could be judged on my blondeness too i suppose

thats about all i have going for me, well my stupidness and my gob
Old 11-07-2009, 17:25   #95
Beacon of light

Flashy, I do not believe that for a nano-second!
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:14   #96
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i could be judged on my blondeness too i suppose

thats about all i have going for me, well my stupidness and my gob
You have two of the things most blokes would be interested in then
Old 12-07-2009, 09:13   #97
Resting in Peace

I think it is coming to something when teenage girls are having cosmetic surgery, aided and abetted by their equally vain parents, why not except what your born with and just thank the lord that your fit and healthy. The time for surgery is when your life is threatened by illness not when you don't like the shape of your nose or your backsides to big
Old 16-07-2009, 17:03   #98
Senior Member+

From early days I thought that a handfull was enough - nothing has happened in the intervening years to change my opinion. Sorry girls, but that is my thought on the matter, no sense in changing what was intended
Old 16-07-2009, 18:26   #99
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
From early days I thought that a handfull was enough - nothing has happened in the intervening years to change my opinion. Sorry girls, but that is my thought on the matter, no sense in changing what was intended
Come on Barrie ... you men are attracted to a decent cleavage initially, even though you don't hang around that department much when it gets down to it ... can't wait to get to the main target ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 18:28   #100
God Member

Never had any complaints about my ample cleavage
Old 16-07-2009, 18:55   #101
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Ample is subjective though
Old 16-07-2009, 19:01   #102
God Member

Mine were admired (for their lack of droop) by a nurse at the mammography clinic - you can't have better commendation that that

Sadly since then they have gone south a bit - but nobody sees them but me anyway, so 'no problem'

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 21:14   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Come on Barrie ... you men are attracted to a decent cleavage initially, even though you don't hang around that department much when it gets down to it ... can't wait to get to the main target ...
Found =witj experiencethat littleones did no drop - pencil test at 50. perhaps defied the rules, but was great fot me.
If it wa smore than a handfullit was wasted, but never had the opportunity to try more than than a handfull. \starte early and tah was my life cfhoice :-))
Old 16-07-2009, 21:18   #104
Senior Member+

Sorry. too late fome, finges have gonr dyslexic - tomorrow i hope
Old 16-07-2009, 21:19   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Found =witj experiencethat littleones did no drop - pencil test at 50. perhaps defied the rules, but was great fot me.
If it wa smore than a handfullit was wasted, but never had the opportunity to try more than than a handfull. \starte early and tah was my life cfhoice :-))
have you had a drink?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..