Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2008, 16:18   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: bullying

I agree it might be a good idea to have a word with the mother - not a complaining angry word but a pleasant concerned 'how can we work together to try to sort this out' kind of word. It may well be possible to speak to the girl, with her mother/father guardian and try to get to the bottom of the problem, especially if she has previously been a friend and visited your home. Going in with all guns blazing could be counter productive.

It might be interesting to note for anyone who thinks the police don't do much where bullying is concerned, a friend of my daughter was physically assaulted in town last week and the culprit spent the night in the cells.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-01-2008, 18:51   #17

i also think it is down to the girl being jealous of you daughter being in a happy settled home life and hers has just broken up. i would try to have words with her mother and hopefully it will get sorted out.
Old 20-01-2008, 17:35   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
im gonna say what people would not like, but if it was my daughter im afraid i would have to either scare the living **** out of the little cow or confront the mother/father and warn her/him to tell their daughter to back off....or else.......(thats if a reasonable conversation didnt do nothing)...and that i would do the same to her what shes doing to my daughter.
ok, i know a lot of you will disagree with this but you have to stand up to these scum bags (sorry but i HATE bullies), and if anyone ever did this to my kids then one thing i have to say is.....GOD HELP THEM!
I have to say that I would do the exact same thing...having spoke about this already to the other half I have said that if our wee one gets bullied when he's older then I will go straight to the bullys dad and 'have a word' with him regarding it...lets see how the bully likes his dad being bullied - to a certain extent..and I dont care what other do think about my opinion as I was bullied at school and the schools done nothing...
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 17:43   #19
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
I have to say that I would do the exact same thing...having spoke about this already to the other half I have said that if our wee one gets bullied when he's older then I will go straight to the bullys dad and 'have a word' with him regarding it...lets see how the bully likes his dad being bullied - to a certain extent..and I dont care what other do think about my opinion as I was bullied at school and the schools done nothing...
exactly glasgow guy, and cheers for the karma
Old 20-01-2008, 19:29   #20
Resident Waffler

Doesn't that reinforce in the mind of the bully that bullying is the only way to 'win'?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 19:43   #21
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

kids are always told not to hit back , why is that?
my son wont hit back at school, he says he will get done, i always tell him to hit back, the other kid doesnt get done so why should you get blamed!

theres only one way to stop a bully and thats to stand up to them, not ignore them, if you do they only make matters worse
Old 20-01-2008, 19:51   #22
God Member

Children are not born bullies- they learn it from being bullied themselves - sometimes by parents.
So an approach to the parents might be fruitless

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 19:56   #23
God Member

I was a strange one at school with bullies, I would not allow bullying, once I turned 13, anybody bullying around me was treated to short sharp shrift, I got a slap or too off older kids occasionally, but they didn't bully anyone around me again, and it all came about because I beat a kid up who was older than me, and severely overweight, after the deed, I felt extremely sorry for him and annoyed at myself, mainly because it dawned on me, that I hadn't proved a thing, from that day I never bullied a anybody except the bullies, and it works! That is why I agree with boot camps etc.
Old 20-01-2008, 19:57   #24
God Member

Reece is getting bullied by a lad called Jess at school, so i went down to school and bollocked the kid, several times, i told him that if he hit Reece again i would get Reece's older cousin to hit him, then i told him that if that didnt work i'd get the police involved, the deputy head wasnt impressed with what i did but he did grin at me and say 'shanida your not supposed to do that'..and i said 'well you do naff all about it when i let you know, so i'm taking matters into my own hands, so tough'

Reece has a bad temper like me and other kids know that if they wind him up and hit him he will just flip and end up retaliating, then thats when Reece gets done for it because the teachers havent seen what the other kid has done for Reece to react the way he does...it really ****** me off

they say schools are supposed to have anti bullying polices in place, i say they talk ****
Old 20-01-2008, 20:22   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
Reece is getting bullied by a lad called Jess at school, so i went down to school and bollocked the kid, several times, i told him that if he hit Reece again i would get Reece's older cousin to hit him, then i told him that if that didnt work i'd get the police involved, the deputy head wasnt impressed with what i did but he did grin at me and say 'shanida your not supposed to do that'..and i said 'well you do naff all about it when i let you know, so i'm taking matters into my own hands, so tough'

Reece has a bad temper like me and other kids know that if they wind him up and hit him he will just flip and end up retaliating, then thats when Reece gets done for it because the teachers havent seen what the other kid has done for Reece to react the way he does...it really ****** me off

they say schools are supposed to have anti bullying polices in place, i say they talk ****
Having had children of different generations at different schools, I can categorically say that if they do have anti bullying policies, they don't work or are not as good as they think they are, including one that stated they have zero tolerance to bullying, it was rife.
Old 20-01-2008, 20:23   #26
God Member

exactly Derek, well they've met there match at that school cos i dont and won't stand for any ****
Old 20-01-2008, 22:03   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Doesn't that reinforce in the mind of the bully that bullying is the only way to 'win'?
no - to me it says that every time my son was to get hit by the bully I would hit the bullys dad - so the bully would see whats happening to his dad and would soon stop due to his dad getting a sore face and eventually telling his bully son not to do it..
and yes I would go to court for it...
but that would be the last resort of it all - I am not one to start a fight out of nothing but at the same time I wont walk away from one if its in my face and when my children are concerned - thats a whole new ball game..

Last edited by glasgow guy; 20-01-2008 at 22:06.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 23:48   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
no - to me it says that every time my son was to get hit by the bully I would hit the bullys dad - so the bully would see whats happening to his dad and would soon stop due to his dad getting a sore face and eventually telling his bully son not to do it..
and yes I would go to court for it...
but that would be the last resort of it all - I am not one to start a fight out of nothing but at the same time I wont walk away from one if its in my face and when my children are concerned - thats a whole new ball game..
That is ridiculous.

I got bullied through school and I think I would've been disgusted with my mum if she had hit another pupils parent, not to say completely humiliated!

I was shy and wouldn't hit anyone back. My mum went into the school and they humiliated the girls if I remember rightly by making them stand in front of assembly. They were older than me, and they didn't do it again, and I get on well with one of them who I still see now.

There was also a girl in my year who bullied me and she was just struggling with her school work and felt inferior. I ended up befriending her by going to her house after school to help her with her spelling, and we're really close friends today.

Children need to sort their own differences out regardless of how horrible it might be to sit back and watch them suffer. I stand up for myself now, and I'm glad my mum approached it a sensible way rather than do something as equally nasty as the bully!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 12:09   #29
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

you'd be disgusted?.......you are certainly not the girl i know....whats happened, you suddenly got a halo?......i doubt it
Old 21-01-2008, 12:22   #30
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

...any kid that bullies my kid, then i will step in....when you become a parent its your job to protect and i will do anything to protect my kids!, even it it means slapping the parents.

a lot of kids have committed suicide because of these bullys.....my kids will NOT be one of them!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..