Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2008, 16:09   #31
Junior Member+

Re: bullying

my grandaughter was getting bullied when she was at school she used to sleep at my house it went on for ages so i went to school and confronted the girl in front her friends told her to leave her alone and it worked.. maybe she needs that
burt is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-02-2008, 17:56   #32
God Member

I think there are two types of bully.

The first is the one who gets similar degrading treatment towards themselves from elsewhere and so take their pain out on another vulnerable person at school. This type of bullies parents probably isn't aware of their childs behaviour.

Then there is the one who does it simply because it gets them accepted with a certain crowd of people at school, and more often than not their parents are well aware of the sort of child their child has become, as they have encouraged it/act that way themselves.

I think parents who encourage their children to 'hit them back' should do so cautiously, because acting like the bully doesn't encessarily solve the problem, and can make some victims of bullies end up bullying others themselves, like the first type of bully, or end up like the second type of bully with the 'if you cant beat them, join them' type of attitude.

I don't think any sort of violence solves anything.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 18:39   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

I think parents who encourage their children to 'hit them back' should do so cautiously, because acting like the bully doesn't encessarily solve the problem, and can make some victims of bullies end up bullying others themselves, like the first type of bully, or end up like the second type of bully with the 'if you cant beat them, join them' type of attitude.

I don't think any sort of violence solves anything.
I agree entirely with this Blazey .. heard many a parent tell their children to 'Hit 'em back where it hurts'. Think OK if you are in an extremely bad defensive position, but best to deal with in other ways.

My son has always been good with words and wit, and got himself out of any potential situation with this ... can't say that for daughter, although good verbally, would always strike back like a cornered rat .. just came natural like .. nobody messed with her I can tell ya.

Think I may have reacted a little like Panther (although I do have a little difficulty with causing people physical harm) and Burt initially.

Was one small situation with son, think probably in his second year, seems older lad was using his arm as a punch bag on the school coach in the mornings. Fortuitously, PE Master picked up on this and once confronted, son was not afraid to explain bruising on his arms .. situation was soon despatched I can tell ya' with bully on the mat, and letters to his parents.

He did not tell me about this until a couple of years later ... (after about 10, they will not allow you to scrub their backs in the bath ) .. by then, of course, he was a strapping 6 footer himself, towered above the bully, but am confident he never sought any sort of retribution.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 19:44   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt View Post
my grandaughter was getting bullied when she was at school she used to sleep at my house it went on for ages so i went to school and confronted the girl in front her friends told her to leave her alone and it worked.. maybe she needs that
unfortunately it doesnt always work like that, Reece is now being bullied by 5 children at school, i'm at my witts end with it all, i am on the phone to school most days, this has been going on for months, ive actually just been to see two of the parents and they seemed to be ok with me, but we'll see, if you try and talk to the kids about it they just give you a mouthful, what do i do other than take him out of the school? Reece has 5 months left at that school and he has his s.a.t.s coming up so i dont really want to move him, he is getting to the stage where he doesnt want to go to school
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 19:50   #35
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

I hate bullies, it gets me mad just thinking about them!!

the sad thing is its just not in the playground, its also in the workforce too.
bullys are people who seek attention, because they arnt getting any at home, so i blame the parents, flashy if it was my kid, i would go up the wall and fang hold of the little bastards!!...sorry but i detest them sort of people, i really do!!

I hope its gets sorted
Old 10-02-2008, 20:06   #36
God Member

oh believe me panther i wanna get hold of the little sh!ts but i'd only end up inside because i just wouldnt stop if i got hold of them, i'd end up doing some damage
Old 10-02-2008, 21:11   #37

yes i dnt blame you at all nida, it deff is a hard one, i like ive said b4 im glad i got jack out ov there wen i had the chance....... but they are all little ****s, wot goes around comes around.........
howarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 21:21   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howarth View Post
yes i dnt blame you at all nida, it deff is a hard one, i like ive said b4 im glad i got jack out ov there wen i had the chance....... but they are all little ****s, wot goes around comes around.........

and it cant come around soon enough hun
Old 22-06-2008, 12:18   #39
God Member

Bit of advice needed please. My grandson is being bullied by bigger lads at school, it started off with kids his age commentng on his burns. He stood up for himself and ended up being the one getting told off. My daughter went to see his teacher and she was saying he shouldn't retaliate but why should he put up with cruel comments. Turns out the older brother of one of these kids has been holding him while the others hit him. It has got to the stage that he is saying he isn't well to avoid going to school. As speaking to his teacher didn't help matters so am thinking of going to see the head teacher with my daughter. He really doesn't want us to go to the school but we feel somehing should be done. What would you do????
Old 22-06-2008, 12:54   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Bit of advice needed please. My grandson is being bullied by bigger lads at school, it started off with kids his age commentng on his burns. He stood up for himself and ended up being the one getting told off. My daughter went to see his teacher and she was saying he shouldn't retaliate but why should he put up with cruel comments. Turns out the older brother of one of these kids has been holding him while the others hit him. It has got to the stage that he is saying he isn't well to avoid going to school. As speaking to his teacher didn't help matters so am thinking of going to see the head teacher with my daughter. He really doesn't want us to go to the school but we feel somehing should be done. What would you do????

If you are not happy with the teacher's response I would make an appointment to have a chat with the head teacher.

Your grandson probably won't want you to but that's what the bullies want.

It needs stamping out, now.
Old 22-06-2008, 14:26   #41
God Member

is it the board of goveners schools have that you can goto if your not happy about somthing?

my son was getting bullied at school by a few lads calling him fat and after weeks of torment my son flattened the little punk which got him in trouble

his mother took the schools side and repremanded my son leaving him upset and frustrated because he was still getting bullied and coulnt even retaliate because he would not only get into trouble with the teachers but also with his mum

after a few weeks this situation came to my attention and i sent my son to school with instructions to thump the bully if he so much as uttered one bad word in his direction , i then rang the school and calmy explained to his head of year that my son would stop hitting this bully if the bully either learned or was told not to call him fat as i would rather see my son expelled from school than find him hanging off the end of a rope because of bullying

if your son is been held down and thumped by others i wouldnt contact the school i would contactthe police and ask for assault charges to be pressed

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 14:40   #42
God Member

My daughter went through a similar thing when she was at school , She were being bullied at school then when school excluded the girl she would wait for my daughter in a morning or afternoon , it got so bad that i contacted the police and with the help of the school this girl ended up being charged and told by the courts she was to stay well away from my daughter.
I never thought for one minute that it would lead to her going to court but I am so glad I went through with it .
My Daughter is now at college and still sees this girl on occasions, but even now this girls stays well away and knows I wont hesitate to take action if she goes anywhere near my daughter.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 17:24   #43
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

GRRRRRR, let me at em!!.......I hate the scum!!...things like this really get me mad!...sorry but cant give sensible advice as my kids have never been bullied, what i can say if it was my kids id put the fear of god into them......then........................th__thwack__by_zacthetoad.gif
Old 22-06-2008, 17:26   #44
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

oops just realised this is an old thread....
Old 22-06-2008, 17:28   #45
Senior Member+

S'ok Panther, Bernie resurrected it for advice

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..