Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2008, 08:50   #1

bullying

My 13 year old daughter is being bullied by another girl of a similar age mostly verbal but there have been instances were she has been followed home from school and abused.

the bully no longer attends my daughters school so it's not a school issue, we've confronted the bully in person following a recent mobile conversation when the bully interrupted a call between my daughter and her mates and again abused her. My daughter greatly values her friendships and is caring and sensitive

It's a real shame through Primary School ther were really good mates and had sleepovers etc but when confronted she became a wild child and abusive to us

Were do we go from here, should we go and see her Mum who she no longer lives with to voice our concerns. If they were both at the same school then i would raise it with the school. I will not tolerate bullying in any form

advice please
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-01-2008, 08:59   #2
God Member

Re: bullying

personally i would start by approaching the bully`s mother (if she is approachable at all) and have a word.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 09:06   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I would be inclined to approach the bully's mum but if she no longer lives with her mum then this may be part of the problem. Who does she live with?

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 09:07   #4
God Member

yes, who does she live with?
Old 19-01-2008, 09:17   #5

Not sure possibly her dad, she no longer lives locally (which is something of a relief) but does visit. I know her parents split up some while ago.
Old 19-01-2008, 10:40   #6
God Member

The bully is likely to be jealous of your daughter because your daughter appears to be having a better time of things. If your daughter can be told that, she might feel less intimidated by the verbal jaunts. If the bully feels pitied and can see the bullying is having no effect it might stop.

Last edited by MargaretR; 19-01-2008 at 10:42.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 11:10   #7
God Member

Its a difficult one and must be terrible for your daughter, I'd be inclined to ask the school for advice even though the girl doesn't go there, a lot of schools now have policies on bullying and may be able to advise you on how best to tackle it.
Old 19-01-2008, 11:13   #8
God Member

"The age of criminal responsibility in England and Wales is 10 so if people who are bullying you are older than that your parents could make a complaint to the police. Hitting or kicking you is an assault and calling you names or making rude gestures to you over and over again could be harassment.</SPAN>

It's not easy for the police to know who is telling the truth so if you are bullied like this keep a diary of who says and does what and also who else was there and saw what was going on."

Taken from this site

Bullying outside school
Old 19-01-2008, 11:31   #9
God Member

makes an interesting read lancsdave.
Old 19-01-2008, 11:34   #10
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

im gonna say what people would not like, but if it was my daughter im afraid i would have to either scare the living **** out of the little cow or confront the mother/father and warn her/him to tell their daughter to back off....or else.......(thats if a reasonable conversation didnt do nothing)...and that i would do the same to her what shes doing to my daughter.
ok, i know a lot of you will disagree with this but you have to stand up to these scum bags (sorry but i HATE bullies), and if anyone ever did this to my kids then one thing i have to say is.....GOD HELP THEM!
Old 19-01-2008, 12:07   #11

thanks for the prompt responses and particularly the website details. I think I'l pose the same question on the bullying website ask for peoples experiences if they have contacted the parents
Old 19-01-2008, 12:43   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
im gonna say what people would not like,
The link I posted was how to do it by the book, the reality may be different for a lot of us
Old 19-01-2008, 14:23   #13
God Member

I taught my kids that when people say nasty things or make snide comments, answer 'yeah ok' and keep walking, it works because the bully isn't getting a rise out of them, I would approach the mother though, if the girl is living with the father, the mother will probably enjoy having a dig at him about how he raises her.
Old 19-01-2008, 15:29   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
I taught my kids that when people say nasty things or make snide comments, answer 'yeah ok' and keep walking, it works because the bully isn't getting a rise out of them, I would approach the mother though, if the girl is living with the father, the mother will probably enjoy having a dig at him about how he raises her.
I did that and got beaten up on the way home by a gang of girls. The police told me there was no point taking them to court either because of how lightly they'd get off and it wouldn't likely deter them from bullying other people.

If you yourself confront the bully they will know you cant harm them, so they will probably only feel more powerful. There tends to be a security issue with the bully themself, most likely in this situation because of her parents splitting up.

I dont have a suggestion at what to do, because its more likely you wont do much good by talking to either mother or child. Just encourage your daughter and tell her to hold her head high.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 15:46   #15

its definately no excuse but maybe the bully is jealous of your daughter because she still has a happy settled home life and hers has just broken up, i would go and see her mother and if you get no joy go and see her guardian, please dont let it carry on my daughter took an overdose at fourteen because she was being bullied over her being dyslexic, thankfuly she was found and is now nearly eighteen and at college but it could of had a very differant outcome.
broadhurst7173 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..