Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2012, 10:35   #1
Resting in Peace

Cold Calling

How your details end up in the hands of cold callers - Yahoo! Finance UK
I found this very interesting and in some way helpful with cold calling worth a read
Old 17-06-2012, 10:51   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Cold Calling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
How your details end up in the hands of cold callers - Yahoo! Finance UK
I found this very interesting and in some way helpful with cold calling worth a read
Read it, tells me nowt i don't know, Don't mind dealing wi these people, in me own way.
Old 17-06-2012, 17:55   #3

I've had a similar call over the last couple of weeks. I took two days off work before the Jubilee and was bombarded with international calls on the hour every hour both days, which when I answered just cut off. Eventually someone did answer to tell me it was a "lifestyle survey", wouldn't let me answer as she was sticking to a script, which led to me screaming down the phone at her to over ride her voice to remove my number from her list. They haven't phoned back. I have TPS but it obviously doesn't work very well.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 19:55   #4
Senior Member+

So to put it in perspective, if they have your number, your stuffed.

Thing is if you order something either online or in person, they require your number to confirm delivery, or so they say.

This then goes on a list, and stuffed again.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 08:25   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
So to put it in perspective, if they have your number, your stuffed.

Thing is if you order something either online or in person, they require your number to confirm delivery, or so they say.

This then goes on a list, and stuffed again.
Ya Dave it seems its any which way you lose

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..