Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2006, 12:27   #31
I am Banned

Re: Digital Camera Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
Cause I've just got his nethers in a tight grip and said "YOU HAVEN'T HAVE YOU? " It's OK he had a convincing squeal
nowt better than being squeezed into submission as substitue for a lie detector pmsl!!!! I wondered who was squeeling last night i thought it was a tortured cat
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-12-2006, 14:36   #32
God Member

I don't f***ing believe it!

Those ba****ds at Sony have just sent me an invoice to the tune of £114.56 for the repair to the camera.

They are trying to tell me that it wasn't the same problem that is covered by the free repair service, it's a flexi-tube(?) that's come lose. Massive coincidence that a flexi-tube coming lose has the same impact on the camera as the LCD chip malfunctioning (free repair service) isn't it!

They have gone a head and done the work on the camera without even asking me if I wanted to proceed with the repairs at the cost.

I'm waiting for someone from their service department to get in touch as I got no sense out of the first muppet I spoke to!

Free repair service my a**e, I thought it was to good to be true!
Old 07-12-2006, 14:44   #33
God Member

talk to CAB, I don't think they can do that. You sent it for a free repair, if it didn't qualify they should have notified you before proceeding!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 15:00   #34
God Member

OMG!

Just had the call back, it's not Sonys policy to inform a customer before any repairs are made.

He was useless too, but I got an address for a letter of complaint to go to.

Grrrrrrrrr
Old 07-12-2006, 15:14   #35
I am Banned

That is well out of order, they should actually inform u of how much & why before carrying out the repairs i think its a con job to justify their crap quality of that camera & make a bit extra - i would seek further advice about it tinks
Old 07-12-2006, 15:30   #36
God Member

I don't bloody believe it! I've just been back on the site were the information is and it was updated on the 24th of November to include a little bit about repair charges ........ that was not there when I saw that website the first time round and the bloke I spoke to on the phone didn't say anything of that nature either. Another coincidence that I made contact on the 21st
Old 07-12-2006, 15:35   #37
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
I don't bloody believe it! I've just been back on the site were the information is and it was updated on the 24th of November to include a little bit about repair charges ........ that was not there when I saw that website the first time round and the bloke I spoke to on the phone didn't say anything of that nature either. Another coincidence that I made contact on the 21st
Thats something u can tell them how come they have just decided to update the information after u send them the camera for repairs sounds really dodgey as i said before they were probably crapping bricks after an influx of complaints came thro
Old 07-12-2006, 15:35   #38
Resting in Peace

This has just been added to there site .

"Note: If the fault is not the CCD chip, then normal Sony Central Services charges apply (please call for details)."

This was not on when we first found the site
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 15:36   #39
God Member

Mick, you read the site that was not there was it!?!
Old 07-12-2006, 15:38   #40
Resting in Peace

Nope that has only just been put on the site

if it was not the CCD that was the problem then they should have informed you of the price of repair,
before hand and you could dicide if it was worth the repair as you can get a new camera for that price these days
They should not have gone ahead and repaired it as you sent it in for a free repair
I would not pay

Last edited by Mick; 07-12-2006 at 15:42.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 15:43   #41
God Member

Not only decide if it was worth repairing, it would have given me the option to search around for a more competetive repair service
Old 07-12-2006, 15:49   #42
Resident Waffler

Oh that is nasty and very, very sneaky.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 15:49   #43
I am Banned

I would also have a word with trading standards too.
Old 07-12-2006, 15:56   #44
Resident Waffler

Even though they've put that new bit on their website they should still have contacted you to get you to authorise repairs if they discovered it wasn't that fault. Of course you will never be able to prove whether is was or not. You only have their word for it that it was a different problem because now it has been repaired so you have no way of checking. Sounds decidedly dodgy.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 15:58   #45
God Member

How strong do you make a first complaint letter? I'm not used to this kind of thing. I've composed the basis of one , I'm just trying to think if I've covered everything.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..