Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2011, 20:55   #1
God Member

Direct debits

I know why I hate this method of payment & finding out the hard way that its open to abuse by many companies - Particularly mobile operators billing dept.

What is the time generally you need to be notified as to when u are billed & money going out of the account ?? I'm sure its 10 days so why does my operator insist on billing on the 16th per month & taking DD out on 18th surely that is not proper practice?!?! I'm paper billed every month well when it arrives usually after money has gone - I do not know the amount as lately they are adding cost to my account & can't query it till after.

Have I got a leg to stand on to change this & persue a higher complaint or cancel DD till they sort a reasonable elaspe time??? Anyone else finds issue with DD ? Trouble is you're penalised for non DD eg bt bills.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-10-2011, 21:03   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Direct debits

In the past I found even though companies said the date they take your money is set in stone, if you threaten to leave them, they will happily let you decide a date that's acceptable to you.

Sorry, doesn't help much with the notification time.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 21:14   #3
God Member

Lol rindy I will give em another blasting I will be threatening cancellation of DD in order to put space between bill printed & money taken even 1st class post is pushing it within 48 hrs hopefully agreeable I have to watch the pennies & make sure charges are correct before money taken.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 21:45   #4
Senior Member+

You have to these days (watch the pennies i mean) and you can bet any mistakes with a dd always favour either the bank nor the company taking the money funny it never seems to be a mistake that favours the payer.
Old 19-10-2011, 08:31   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Lol rindy I will give em another blasting I will be threatening cancellation of DD in order to put space between bill printed & money taken even 1st class post is pushing it within 48 hrs hopefully agreeable I have to watch the pennies & make sure charges are correct before money taken.
Is the DD not a condition of your contract with your mobile company?
If it is you might find a bill arrive for every payment left until the end of your contract.
Old 19-10-2011, 08:47   #6
Resting in Peace

I virtually pay everything by DD or SO, the only one I don't pay is my credit card which I pay on line if necessary, I can't say I've had any problem what-so-ever with any of my DD payments
Old 21-12-2011, 05:58   #7

The bill should reach you around 7 - 10 days before the money is taken usually.

Normally when a bill is issued you have a fortnight to pay.

Feel free to cancel the DD at your bank and when your bill is generated pay by card within 14 days as requested on the bill.

This is what I do I always know everythings paid on time and that amounts are correct which makes me feel much more happier.

- Look in the mirror before you start to judge others -
Lancashire Lassie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..