Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2010, 22:54   #1

Does anyone go camping?

I love going camping but haven't been anywhere this year yet. I just wondered of any other members enjoyed going camping, be it in a tent or caravan. If you like camping and like Wales try Fforest Fields, it's lovely there. We went last year and met up with friends. We laughed all week from getting there to coming home and the few beers around the firepit in the evening was lovely.
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, If I've made a blunder please can a mod move to the correct place
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-06-2010, 23:03   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Does anyone go camping?

once went many years ago, somewhere near the Lancaster Canal, pitched the tent on a slope, being a numpty, heavy rain that night, big river ran down slope through the tent, sleeping bags were sodden, home next morning........end of cashys camping day. funnily enough the couple we went with.......... the guy lives on our street now, n he's never mentioned it, can't think why, he would have got some real stick off me, if it had been the other way round.
Old 07-06-2010, 23:07   #3

That's something we'd do. I wasn't used to a tent and kept falling over the guy ropes. I'd had one to many carlsbergs one night and fell flat on my face over one of those darn ropes. I had to lie there and pretend I was opening the zip to the tent
Old 08-06-2010, 05:58   #4
God Member

We went to Gibralter Farm in Silverdale last weekend, a gorgeous location, right on Morcambe Bay................
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:59   #5

Knights Stainforth just outside Skipton is also a good local site to go camping on.

Makes a good base for going exploring the hills etc round there.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:37   #6

The hubby and I went camping for our honeymoon last year up in the Lakes. It was a fantastic walking weekend! We stayed at Low Wray camp site about 3/4 miles from Ambleside.
Was funny seeing hubby carrying the tent like a donkey pack (We don't have a car).

We fully intend to go again sometime in the summer, but maybe a different campsite.

We would also like to take all the kids camping, but with 7 of them it may prove to be a little difficult! xx

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:53   #7
God Member

Sue, there is a sub forum for camping on here in the community section, have a look
Old 08-06-2010, 09:01   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post
That's something we'd do. I wasn't used to a tent and kept falling over the guy ropes. I'd had one to many carlsbergs one night and fell flat on my face over one of those darn ropes. I had to lie there and pretend I was opening the zip to the tent
Thats the reason I never bothered Sue, could see in advance (when sobber) just what would happen
Old 08-06-2010, 09:34   #9
God Member

I went camping a lot with my parents.
When we started camping in the 40s
..we filled mattress bags with straw at the farm
..cooked on a primus stove
..washed in the brook
..dug a hole for a latrine

Today you have luxuries

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 23:34   #10
Senior Member+

we love camping - we go to a place over near winksley - woodhouse farm - cracking site in the middle of no where with excellent kids play sites also has a pub on site..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 00:41   #11
Senior Member+

Spent more nights in a tent than at home when younger. Best camp ever, St Marys Isles of Scilly. Now I,m more ambitious, go wilderness canoeing for 8 days. The daughter and I are doing the Bowron Lakes in September, can,t wait.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 01:24   #12

I should have been off to fforest fields in Wales this week but work wouldn't allow it. I think a week in France is on the cards in Septmeber. I have to bring my caravan back for repairs
Then I may be off to Benalmadena in October but not camping.
Old 17-06-2010, 19:12   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post
I should have been off to fforest fields in Wales this week but work wouldn't allow it. I think a week in France is on the cards in Septmeber. I have to bring my caravan back for repairs
Then I may be off to Benalmadena in October but not camping.
If you're planning on going to Europe I'd suggest Holland, they've got hundreds of sites, the bulk of the people speak English & as a Brit you pretty much can't do anything wrong.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 19:52   #14
God Member

not quite what you are looking for but we have a static caravan at teh Haven Site at Blackpool...

Lots to do for the children, and us and a place to relax away from it all

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010, 20:17   #15
Beacon of light

I have some very bad memories of camping in Abersoch way back in the early sixties.
My impression of camping is.....strictly for the arabs!
I might just blog about my experiences.(the camping ones)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..