Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2010, 07:31   #1
God Member

Garden Worms

where can i get some garden worms? i need some for my compost bins....i've tried finding them in my garden but i don't seem to have any...has anyone got a lot of them in their garden that they don't want?....maybe i should have put this in the buy sell n swap section
Old 28-06-2010, 07:35   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Garden Worms

You can get them here but they are not cheap
Earth Worms
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 08:46   #3
God Member

kin ell, they aren't are they
Old 28-06-2010, 11:16   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
kin ell, they aren't are they
Go to any place that keeps horses, and has a manure pile. There should be millions of them.
Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 13:18   #5
God Member

Well Flashers...............i never put any in my compost bins and they are full to bursting with them............!!!
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 13:24   #6

Get a long screwdriver or similar, wait till early morning then go to your local field and pop your screwdriver far in the ground and wiggle around they will surface....

We used to do this for fishing
Bob97531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 13:53   #7
God Member

Pipples, i keep putting stuff in the compost bins and nothing happens, i've had the bins for 2/3 years now and i still have leaves at the bottom of it, nothing is actually composting
Old 28-06-2010, 14:32   #8
God Member

The best thing you can do is erm........wee in it.....seriously it will activate the composting process......
Old 28-06-2010, 15:05   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
The best thing you can do is erm........wee in it.....seriously it will activate the composting process......

i've heard that before but i won't be doing it
Old 28-06-2010, 15:20   #10
God Member

LOL............thought not, ok then, put all your old tea bags in a bucket or similar and cover them with water, then leave to `brew` for a couple of weeks.......then pour it over your compost, the nitrogen in the liquid should help activate your pile.............
Old 28-06-2010, 15:25   #11
God Member

hehee, i don't drink much tea, i'll just go round all the neighbours and ask them for their tea bags
Old 28-06-2010, 15:39   #12
God Member

My god you are hard work.................have a look at this.......

How to make compost - full instructions
Old 28-06-2010, 16:53   #13
God Member

thankyou Mr Man, i owe ya one
Old 28-06-2010, 18:11   #14
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

A tackle shop (Fishing) will probably have em by the bucketful.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 19:10   #15
God Member

erm, i don't actually know of any tackle shops anymore, i think the last one around here (well ish) was near the Greyhound in Clayton and i think that shut down years ago

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..