Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2012, 13:23   #1
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Home Carers

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone can recomend a comany that supplies home care for the older generation?

The ones we currently have at the moment have started messing us around with my Grandma i.e not signing that they have given medication and also turning up to put her to bed at over an hour early (due to them having another client close by and wanting to save petrol they have admitted??!!).

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

H
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2012, 13:26   #2
God Member

Re: Home Carers

Have you tried Townfield at Gt Harwood. Not used their services but know the owners are sound enough
Old 27-02-2012, 13:45   #3

We use Broadfield from Union Road in Ossy for my Nan and they are fab would really recommend them. The other two i could recommend from word of mouth is a company called Mears who my Fiance's Grandad uses and a friends mothers company called key2support good luck
kelsilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 13:52   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Have you tried Townfield at Gt Harwood. Not used their services but know the owners are sound enough

Do they have carers that come out to peoples homes though as my Grandma still lives at home but needs help in the mornings and at nights.
My Grandma actually stayed at Townfield for a short time and they were really good with her.

cheers dave
Old 27-02-2012, 13:53   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsilou View Post
We use Broadfield from Union Road in Ossy for my Nan and they are fab would really recommend them. The other two i could recommend from word of mouth is a company called Mears who my Fiance's Grandad uses and a friends mothers company called key2support good luck

Thanks Kelsilou,
I will have a look into Broadfield and the others.
Old 27-02-2012, 16:06   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
Do they have carers that come out to peoples homes though as my Grandma still lives at home but needs help in the mornings and at nights.
My Grandma actually stayed at Townfield for a short time and they were really good with her.

cheers dave
Yes they do. They visit my mum every week to assist with a shower and washing her hair. PM me if you want further information or their phone number.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 17:02   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Yes they do. They visit my mum every week to assist with a shower and washing her hair. PM me if you want further information or their phone number.

Thanks will do.
Old 27-02-2012, 18:10   #8
Senior Member+

My wife has a carer from Mears for an hour every morning, they are reliable and keep you to the same carer, if that's what you want.
I suppose there is a set fee for the service we pay so the others will be about the same price.
Old 27-02-2012, 18:14   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
My wife has a carer from Mears for an hour every morning, they are reliable and keep you to the same carer, if that's what you want.
I suppose there is a set fee for the service we pay so the others will be about the same price.
I was going to post that too Gremlin, I have had Mears for two years now and they are first class, they do a great job and can recommend them to anybody, it could be an idea to contact Social Services heth your grandma may qualify for help
Old 27-02-2012, 21:32   #10

there is a website that rates home care companys, i think it goes under, safe traders lancashire, it is actually care clients that post their experiences, to give others an idea what other care companys are like
janloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 21:17   #11
Senior Member+

Thanks all, John my Grandma has too much saving to qualify for anything off the goverment. We were told that she has to pay for everything coz she has the money to do so.

Thanks Janloot I will have a look now at that site.
Old 04-03-2012, 19:25   #12
Senior Member+

It is wrong that we get penalised on our savings, when we have paid taxes all our working life. I believe that any member of a country that is a member of the Common Market can come over here with no money and qualify for everything.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 22:03   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
It is wrong that we get penalised on our savings, when we have paid taxes all our working life. I believe that any member of a country that is a member of the Common Market can come over here with no money and qualify for everything.

I totally agree, I think its disgusting but it wont change that is why I have taken it on board and I am going to spend all my money and enjoy it before I get older.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:47   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Ya but Max we can go and live in their countries and claim of their benefit system, just can't understand why they all want to flock to these shores

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..