Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2010, 20:04   #1
God Member

How do i get to Stanley Park?

How would i get to Stanley Park in Blackpool if i where to go on the train? do i get off at the North or the South? is there a bus/tram that will get me there or could i walk?
Old 30-05-2010, 20:21   #2
Senior Member+

Re: How do i get to Stanley Park?

I live near Blackpool but am unfamiliar with buses.

North Station will be best. best tip - take a taxi. £4 max I would think.

If walking: exit the station onto Talbot Rd. Across the road you will see the bus station. Not all buses use it, but i think there is an enquiry point there.

If walking: walk along the street *( Cookson) which runs at top of bus station. 2 sets of light along is Church St, which runs down to the sea. Walk straight across ( regent St) to the next main junction running Left/ruight. This is Hormnby rd. Turn left and walk to lights - stright across ( Park Rd) You are still in Hornby Rd. Walk downhill to next litghts at Whitegate drive. Go straight across and take the right fork (Mere rd) This takes you the the park entrance. When coming back, there is a bus stop outside the entrance. It is a 25-30 mins walk. Phone number for Transport may be 01253 473001
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 21:10   #3
God Member

ah you're a star Bob, thankyou, might actually take the bikes if we go, it doesnt sound like its that far really, 30 minutes walk/15 minutes on our bikes
Old 30-05-2010, 21:15   #4
God Member

Its signposted all over Blackpool flashy, follow signs for it, or for the zoo, its next door to the zoo, might just see you there haha
Old 30-05-2010, 21:38   #5
God Member

you going back home to the zoo Derek?
Old 30-05-2010, 23:06   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Reckon about 15 mins from North Station on a bike takin it easy.
Old 30-05-2010, 23:12   #7
God Member

cheers Cashy
Old 31-05-2010, 06:05   #8
Senior Member+

From the Tower you want Line 20 bus to Stanley Park. Line 20 runs from the Pleasure Beach through the centre to Stanly Park and the Zoo. You probably want to be on the sea side of the promenade but check with the driver. Have fun.
Old 31-05-2010, 09:45   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Reckon about 15 mins from North Station on a bike takin it easy.
Just had a thought cashy on a bike
Old 31-05-2010, 11:02   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
From the Tower you want Line 20 bus to Stanley Park. Line 20 runs from the Pleasure Beach through the centre to Stanly Park and the Zoo. You probably want to be on the sea side of the promenade but check with the driver. Have fun.

thanx Barrie, not been since i was a kid and its somewhere Reece has never been, he's been everywhere else in the country, just not somewhere as local as that, i'd forgotten about the place until i saw an advertisement for it on the net, i wonder if it's changed since i was a kid
Old 31-05-2010, 15:19   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
you going back home to the zoo Derek?
Cheeky mare, have been now for the second time, and it has improved since I last went, doesnt take long to get round it, but is worth a visit, book online for a discount!
Old 31-05-2010, 17:06   #12
God Member

thats why i aint going to the zoo, i'm going to the park, i'm more into looking at things in wide open spaces, not things in cages
Old 31-05-2010, 18:25   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
thats why i aint going to the zoo, i'm going to the park, i'm more into looking at things in wide open spaces, not things in cages
So if i get 6 months, i take it ya aint gonna visit?
Old 31-05-2010, 18:33   #14
God Member

i'm afraid not cashy lol
Old 01-06-2010, 10:54   #15
God Member

I thought I saw flashy at the zoo, I shouted her name, but she just carried on down the road, eating a banana and scratching her backside :

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..