Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2016, 14:41   #1

Land/Garden drainage

Hi, does anyone out there know of anyone local who could help me with a land drainage problem?
Live on a hill and getting water coming in from ? land/yard above my house. Have had all drains etc checked - doesnt seem to be a problem with them.
At a loss as to where its coming from!
Help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks
lavenderpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-08-2016, 15:33   #2

Re: Land/Garden drainage

The land above is very likely still saturated so not absorbing rainwater as it would normally do.
Who owns the land above? they are the people who should be able to help as they should not be passing their water onto you.

Try and find the land owner and let them know that their water run off is coming onto your property.

BTW How much are we talking about here? will sandbags keep it back and feed it away from your land? can it be fed away from your land and to...???? (where else can it go?).

I had a problem with a land drain being blocked where it went under a road, when it rained bad it filled up and flooded through its walls and into the surrounding houses cellars. No one would take responsibility for it until I proved to the Highways that it was this and as it was blocked at the point going under a highway - the job got sorted.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 09:38   #3

Thanks for your post RainbowSix.
I live in a terraced house on a hill. I think the water is coming in from the house/houses above me when/after is has rained.
HBC have been involved, dye tests done, water tested to prove its not from mains and camera tests. Next doors drain was replaced and bedded on pepples which made the problem worse! HBC have now washed there hands of the problem.
Sandbags wont help.
Do you know anyone who could help me? Is there anyone who deals with land drainage on a backyard scale?
Old 31-08-2016, 12:00   #4

As in legally, advice or coming round and actually stopping it?

TBH the only answer I can give is to try over on the forums at gardenlaw.co.uk as they have some legal expertise in the matter.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 20:44   #5

Thanks RainbowSix

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..