Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 11:42   #1
TJH

Last Minute.com - Top Holiday

I have never been a fan of booking holidays on the internet but my Partner booked a short notice 7 day break to Egypt via lastminute.com and it was perfect. £450 per person including flights to a 5 star fully inclusive hotel by the redsea. Transfers included.

The most relaxing holiday i have ever had.

So you might want to visit lastminute if you want a good deal.
TJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2009, 12:40   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Last Minute.com - Top Holiday

i book most of our hols on the net, have done fer years, last year i priced a 2 week holiday fer 2 at local travel agents in accy, then booked the same one oer the net, saved £700 with dearest agent, £450 wi another, n the cheapest was nearly £400 dearer. aint booked with last minute though cos found cheaper elsewhere. its worth yer while having a good sneck around the net, check ABTA bonded n jobs a good un. p.s. the hol i booked then was a hotel i knew.
Old 16-07-2009, 19:48   #3

Knew exactly where we wanted to go on hol this year but was not bothered which hotel. Spent ages on the internet looking then finally found one that came out just over £1100, for two for two weeks, excluding transfares. Just after seeing it had to pop over to see my son who works at Deepdale, thought whilst there to nip in the travel agents to see how much it would be there, and what we'd be saving. What a shock we got when the same holiday including transfares with better flights came in at £940. Obviously we booked it there and then. (But have had to cancel it a couple of weeks ago, but that's another story). So in future once finding something on net i will make sure i check it out at travel agents before booking.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 00:20   #4

booked a real deal today.just booked new year in sousse tunisia ( never been,whats it like anyone? )
dec 30th till jan 6th ,only £300 PER PERSON 3 star bed and breakfast and hol insurance..first direct holidays
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:33   #5
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device

sousse is traditional arab place. The souk, is busy, noisy, smelly and if you don't like being hassled you will hate it. Evrything is to be haggled over. You will be physically dragged into shops. i am a calm pereson and nearly planteds one bloke who wouldn't take NO for an answer. In the end Julie said just get me out of here so we left and never went back.

You may enjoy that sort of experience but it wasn't for us.

The weather at xmas will be warm but not hot.

Up the road is Port el kantoui which is an artificial town created for tourists and is much more 'western' so if you don't like sousse jump on the road train bus thing as you may be happier there.

we went once and whilst we had a good time we neither feel the urge to return.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..