Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gpick24
  • 1 Post By Sunflower49

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2013, 09:10   #1

Lidl Seeds

I don't know if anybody on AW shops at Lidl but thought it worth saying just in case!
I buy Montedos seeds from there (sunflower/pumpkin/pine nut etc) and a packet I bought from the Preston branch the other day contained a foreign body, resembled a broken segment of something ceramic.

Me being lucky as ever didn't realise this until I'd cut my mouth and possibly chipped a tooth!

Assuming the delivery of seeds could be from the same batch to a few Lancashire branches of Lidl,a warning that if you do purchase any of the packeted snacks from Montedos, to be careful.

(I'm suspecting I may have a hefty dental bill coming up if I did damage a tooth )
Old 28-10-2013, 09:47   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Lidl Seeds

Have you contacted the manufacturer? There should be contact details on the packet.
They should be able to trace and recall that batch.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 10:16   #3

Gpick I can find no contact details for them, I'm still looking!
I have informed the store manager and he's stopped selling the product for now.
Old 28-10-2013, 10:42   #4
Senior Member+

They at least have to have manufacturer,packer or seller name and address.
https://www.gov.uk/food-labelling-an...-you-must-show

If not, contact Lidl head office
Old 28-10-2013, 11:33   #5

They must manufacture solely for Lidl I think-Lidl's address is the only one on them.

My partner told me to contact environmental health?
Old 28-10-2013, 12:06   #6
Senior Member+

OK, so you need to send a complaint to that address.
You could also contact environmental health, take photos of the object you found in the packet because somewhere along the line you will have to send it off to someone.
If it`s compensation for the dental bill you`re after, then I wouldn`t hold out too much hope, but it`s worth a try.
Old 28-10-2013, 12:14   #7

Sorry to hear of this, Sunflower. I hope all goes well for you at the dentist.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 12:28   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
OK, so you need to send a complaint to that address.
You could also contact environmental health, take photos of the object you found in the packet because somewhere along the line you will have to send it off to someone.
If it`s compensation for the dental bill you`re after, then I wouldn`t hold out too much hope, but it`s worth a try.
Okay I will do that. I assume the Lidl manager will do this too as it has obviously affected his business.

Trust me if I need dental work doing I will stop at nothing to get it paid for! I have done similar things before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Sorry to hear of this, Sunflower. I hope all goes well for you at the dentist.
Thank you

I am quite precious about my teeth and the annoying thing is I've just been for my check up and had a bit of work done, last thing I want to do is go back again and potentially need more treatment!
Old 28-10-2013, 12:46   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower49 View Post
Trust me if I need dental work doing I will stop at nothing to get it paid for! I have done similar things before.
You will need to prove at which point, from manufacture (in this case growing the seeds), through to packing, where this object came from. There are likely several different companies all of who will all blame each other. Not going to be easy, still worth trying though.
Sunflower49 likes this.
Old 28-10-2013, 13:23   #10

Whenever I have tried this sort of thing before, I suspect they compromised in the end just to make me shut up.
Hopefully I won't need anything doing anyway.
Can't think where it came from
Old 28-10-2013, 13:27   #11
Resting in Peace

The wife bought a family apple pie a few months ago from Asda
she had a slice and said she had found something in it but was not sure what it was
then I had my slice and also found something after looking at it we both thought they where finger nails she took them back with the pie to Asda and they said they where sorry and would send it off to check what they where when the report came back Asda said they where not finger nails but apple core
strange shape for apple core looked exactly like finger nails to use
and Asda also sent a voutcher for £25
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 15:37   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower49 View Post
Okay I will do that. I assume the Lidl manager will do this too as it has obviously affected his business.

Thank you

I am quite precious about my teeth and the annoying thing is I've just been for my check up and had a bit of work done, last thing I want to do is go back again and potentially need more treatment!
Good Luck with it. I hope you get sorted out
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:54   #13

Lidl are dragging their feet, I'm going to give them another call tomorrow.
Thankfully my tooth is probably not damaged though so my dentist says, and he didn't charge me for the appointment
gpick24 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..