Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2011, 10:11   #1
Resting in Peace

misleading Emails

I've just received an Email entitled United Parcel Service notification, basically saying there will be a package delivered to my address withing the next 7 days, nice of them to let be know, just one problem I ain't ordered anything. It says if I want to track this parcel click the link. Well you have to give them 9 out of 10 for trying, looks like the contact your bank has run its course, no doubt some one WILL click the link
Old 26-03-2011, 10:26   #2
JCB

Re: misleading Emails

I think somebody else on Accy Web had one of those not long ago . If not , Jaysay , I have heard of it from someone when I've been out and about .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2011, 12:47   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

oh i have had about 6 from me bank, since thursday, they aint run course yet jaysay, i usually send em to me bank, but seem to have lost the phishing address somehow.
Old 26-03-2011, 14:12   #4
Resting in Peace

I haven't had one from any bank for ages now, always used to get um from so called banks where I didn't have an account, that really tended to give the game away slightly
Old 26-03-2011, 18:06   #5
Senior Member+

I am in the club as well - half a dozen or so from United Parcel Sevice? mmmmm, they almost always refer to themselves as UPS. Also had them from DHL. They go into my trash bucket, but as you say some people will fall for it.
Old 26-03-2011, 18:50   #6
Full Member+

Sorry guys but I don't have time for these spoof parcel firm emails.
I am waiting for my Ugandan friend Mr Undoomi Niteshirtbuttons to fill my account with several million of his brother's inheritence.
If anyone else wants some of his money, there is plenty to go round and it is so easy to get. You just fill in a simple online form, giving away all of your personal details and they promise to put the money straight into your account.
I assume they have been busier than they thought they would be as it has been over 2 weeks now and they haven't had time to do the transfer. I am prepared to wait because he did say his sister was ill and his dog had fleas, so I expect he has had to go to the city to get some medicine and flea powder and missed the bus back.
It was an amazing coincidence that 2 days after I filled in the online form, my bank removed all of my balance from my account. They must be stock taking at the moment and have to count all of the money by hand or something.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2011, 19:45   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Usually get stuff purporting to be a German bank, on the screen it looks okay, but if you print it off, you find all kinds of stuff, other peoples names, excerpts from a book & all kinds of random things.

If I feel like it I'll fill in details such as account numbers & tans/pins with a variety of choice English expressions, (incidentally if you try putting words into an official box they're refused) that done I send them on their way at least the blagger has learnt something, usually an offensive vocabulary & my opinion of his sexual tendencies & his lineage.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2011, 20:04   #8

The best ones I had was from lawyers claiming they were acting on behalf an oil minister from either Nigeria or some place in Africa saying they were killed on that Concorde crash that came down in Paris.

I had loads of emails. I must have got the entire passenger list. You get a lot of naive people who believe it they are going to gets millions of dollars by paying if you pay a small admin fee and in turn they deposit the money into your bank account.
phil8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2011, 23:12   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil8715 View Post
or some place in Africa saying they were killed on that Concorde crash that came down in Paris.

Even I wouldn't fall for one that comes from somebody who says they have been killed in a plane crash
Old 27-03-2011, 09:35   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
Sorry guys but I don't have time for these spoof parcel firm emails.
I am waiting for my Ugandan friend Mr Undoomi Niteshirtbuttons to fill my account with several million of his brother's inheritence.
If anyone else wants some of his money, there is plenty to go round and it is so easy to get. You just fill in a simple online form, giving away all of your personal details and they promise to put the money straight into your account.
I assume they have been busier than they thought they would be as it has been over 2 weeks now and they haven't had time to do the transfer. I am prepared to wait because he did say his sister was ill and his dog had fleas, so I expect he has had to go to the city to get some medicine and flea powder and missed the bus back.
It was an amazing coincidence that 2 days after I filled in the online form, my bank removed all of my balance from my account. They must be stock taking at the moment and have to count all of the money by hand or something.
Don't give up expat I'm sure that your Nigerian friend will come through for you when he sorts out his poorly dog and sister with fleas

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..