Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2011, 15:56   #1
Junior Member+

Need help with roof

Can anyone help please. My roof is leaking despite having it looked at 2 months ago by a local roofer who was supposed to repair the chimney. I need someone who is recommended and to be blunt doesn't rip you off like I have just been as been told by 3 people his work was shoddy and basically he has caused the problems, needless to say he is not answering his phone! Not sure what the limits are on this forum it would be useful if I knew who to avoid! I have had 3 people up and they sound ok but this has made me doubt everyone so need recommendation, I know there are good workmen out there. Help/advice appreciated.
Old 16-01-2011, 09:03   #2

Re: Need help with roof

Sorry to hear that. If you pop into Hyndburn Homewise (don't know the name of the street, but where the bus station is walk to the top, cross over and it's there), they usually have a list of tradesmen they recommend. Have used there recommendation a few times, and as yet never been disapointed. Good luck with whoever you get.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 20:18   #3
Junior Member+

Re: Need help with roof

Hi. I can recommend 2 roofers. The first one has a strange name - Fibroid Roofing Co of Oswaldwistle (in yellow pages). I know him as Bob the roofer and his number is 01254-382639. The only thing is, i will be honest and say he is very hard to get hold of...i suppose he's just busy - but he is very good and did all new guttering at my house - he also once looked at my roof for free when i had trouble with it. A second one - and my mum has also used him - is AFR Roofing of accrington (ask for Bernard) - he is very good and very reliable and can often come out quickly - he doesn't charge mega money either - his number is 07939 125558 (my mum has also used him and says he's great.) Hope all this helps. After what you see on TV, it does make you scared but i would recommend either of these, possibly AFR more so because of their reliability.
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 10:30   #4

Thumbs up Re: Need help with roof

hi.my dad had the same problem finding a good roofer until one of his old friends told him he had is roof fix for a very good price and he didnt want paying until it was fix,not like these other roofers who want payment up front,his name is jimi of academy roofing and i have found is web site.www.academyroofinguk.com if you look there you will get his contact details. and i think this number is his land line 01254 390678.hope this as been some help.
louise123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..